Grandma Gudenhi's Shorty Grow 2012

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Grandma Gudenhi, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Hey granny, Hope all is well. It has been awhile since you updated your thread!

Happy smokin and growin!

2. Granny you also tried to go smaller this year? Me as well. I like them about this size. Makes it easy. Killer looking grow. I need to get up on the roof for some shots.

3. Hey all :wave:
    I've been stopping by now and then and watching your grows. NICE JOB!!!
    Mine are doing fine. Most have gotten bigger than I wanted them too. Especially the Blue Dreams. No sign of budworms yet. I seen one moth on my plants and many dead moths in the bug zappers but no caterpillars on my buds yet :).
    Plants are starting to stink. Here's some pics from today.

Blue Dream. 4 plants but the right, front one is only about 2' tall.
    [​IMG]

A Macro of the trichs on the Blue Dream
    [​IMG]

My four Hindu Skunks (front two rows). I'm glad I located this strain again. It's one of my favorites.
    [​IMG]

Macro of the Hindu Skunk. Check out the mass of trichs in the bottom right corner. Can't wait to smoke me some of them :smoke:
    [​IMG]

My bigger Sour Diesel.
    [​IMG]

My smaller Sour Diesel. They were both planted at the same time. I think I may have damaged some roots or something?
    [​IMG]

My four LA Confidential. Great strain. We grew it last season also.
    [​IMG]

Romulan (and my boyfriend)
    [​IMG]

Frosty Romulan bud
    [​IMG]

Two Gweedo on the left, two Purple Dream on the right. They're really starting to spike out.
    [​IMG]

A top from the Gweedo
    [​IMG]

The four Grand Queen Purple. Three runts and a big one......hmmm :confused:
    [​IMG]

Weird how some are runts. That's why we always grow plenty :D.
    Hope you're all doing well and having a great time with your gardens.
    Harvest is right around the corner :smoke:

4. Awesome Granny!!! Love the shots of the Mantis', and of course the old bus in the background!!!!

5. My friends dad looks almost exactly like a shorter Mexican version of your old man, lol. Plants are lookin great as always granny!

6. [quote name='"5150"']Granny you also tried to go smaller this year? Me as well. I like them about this size. Makes it easy. Killer looking grow. I need to get up on the roof for some shots.[/quote]

Show offs. :p

Most of us trying like hell to have big monster plants and you all have to try NOT to. You suck in the most wonderful of ways. ;)

7. [quote name='"Grandma Gudenhi"']Hey all :wave:
    I've been stopping by now and then and watching your grows. NICE JOB!!!
    Mine are doing fine. Most have gotten bigger than I wanted them too. Especially the Blue Dreams. No sign of budworms yet. I seen one moth on my plants and many dead moths in the bug zappers but no caterpillars on my buds yet :).
    Plants are starting to stink. Here's some pics from today.

Blue Dream. 4 plants but the right, front one is only about 2' tall.

A Macro of the trichs on the Blue Dream

My four Hindu Skunks (front two rows). I'm glad I located this strain again. It's one of my favorites.

Macro of the Hindu Skunk. Check out the mass of trichs in the bottom right corner. Can't wait to smoke me some of them :smoke:

My bigger Sour Diesel.

My smaller Sour Diesel. They were both planted at the same time. I think I may have damaged some roots or something?

My four LA Confidential. Great strain. We grew it last season also.

Romulan (and my boyfriend)

Frosty Romulan bud

Two Gweedo on the left, two Purple Dream on the right. They're really starting to spike out.

A top from the Gweedo

The four Grand Queen Purple. Three runts and a big one......hmmm :confused:

Weird how some are runts. That's why we always grow plenty :D.
    Hope you're all doing well and having a great time with your gardens.
    Harvest is right around the corner :smoke:[/quote]

My Blue Dreams are my tallest this year too. I have tried to keep them short and fat, BT they just keep wanting to grow up and peak at the neighbors over the fence. We already had a visit from the local law enforcement, but I'm all legal so it was no biggie. Just awkward....

Thanks for the well wishes and the amazing shots of your grow. You are a GC goddess. :D

8. [quote name='"poppybgood"']Awesome Granny!!! Love the shots of the Mantis', and of course the old bus in the background!!!![/quote]

Me too. I was just checking out the mantis pics. I love nature...

9. Saaaweeet grow man. Love your work.

10. #50 Zombie Farms, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
    lucky boyfriend you got there homegirl..

11. The crop is looking nice. I find smaller plants seen more potent but it's just my opinion. Don't get me wrong I love huge plants too but it seems easier to care for smaller plants and they flourish with little care as opposed to huge plants. I'm growing two sours d also. They are a great strong plant. Looks like you have things down to a science. Layout hard work is paying off.

12. Loved the update, Grandma, beautiful pics as always. :smoke: :wave:

13. nice update with pics granny your plants are huge again keep up the good work

14. Hey all my farmer friends :wave: Your grows are looking great :smoke:
    Here's my update. They're few and far between, that's why I didn't do a journal this season.
    Everything is going along fine. The plants are a little bigger than we wanted. Next season we're going to plant even later, maybe the last week in June. And we're planting them further apart. They're kind of crowded this season. I don't see it causing any problems but I just don't like them crowded.
    I'm extremely happy about the lack of budworms. We do have budworms but only on small areas. I'm going to make a budworm thread to pass the word around about the zappers.
    I was in my garden a few days ago, cleaning plants, and I accidentally cut off a branch...... Okay, it wasn't an accident :D, but usually we lose a branch by now to wind anyway. Trichs were mostly cloudy, some even clear still. I couldn't help it. I wanted to try some of the Blue Dream. It's still drying. I can wait for that. :smoke:

The Blue Dreams have gotten way too big. The nugs are tight and frosty.
    [​IMG]

A macro of the LA Confidential. I'm thinking these might be the first to come down. They're showing some light amber. Maybe another week or so. The nugs are very fat and hard. (next time I take macros, I'm setting the camera on something)
    [​IMG]

And here's the garden :smoke:
    [​IMG]

15. Looking great. Just curious in why you plan to plant later next year. Are the plant getting to you? Well whatever it is, it's that we both used

16. Thanks, and good question. I like variety but I don't need that much yield. I could plant one of each strain, grow them big, but grow fewer plants. But then what if something goes wrong? Like my Grand Queen Purple this season. Three out of four are runts.
    Plus, big plants are tough to harvest. I never realized the difference until last season when we put some clones out at the beginning of July. Nice, small, tight, clean, easy to harvest plants and we still got a pound off each. :)

17. Pics from the Blue Dream branch I took off. We hung it to dry for four days and it's crispy enough for the jar. Of course I tried a nug even though it's still kinda damp on the inside. It's a keeper [​IMG] It's going to be so tasty once it's cured good.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Damn granny G! That's some super frosty outdoor medicine! Another super successful year! :hello::hello::hello:

19. :smoke: lol, Just looking for some info on last seasons grow and noticed my thread kinda ended when we got busy with harvest. So, here it is.

How The 2012 Season Ended: A Picture Book
    page one. LA Confidential

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. page two
    Blue Dream (6) and Purple Dream (3)

Attached Files: