Grandma Gudenhi's Shorty Grow 2012

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Grandma Gudenhi, Jul 28, 2012.

1. #1 Grandma Gudenhi, Jul 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2012
    Here I am. Did you miss me?
    Actually, I have been here, watching all your gardens :hello:
    For those who were wondering, yes, I am growing this season. However, we decided to do something completely different. We're trying to keep our plants small this season :smoke:.
    Last season we had some runts, so we planted four extra clones in early July and hoped for the best. They averaged a pound each :eek:. So we decided to do our whole garden that way.
    We bought and planted clones throughout the month of June into very early July. These pics were taken today, 7/28/12:

Our biggest are the Blue Dream. We got these clones at the beginning of June and put them in containers. A few weeks later we planted them. They're between 4' and 5' tall. so much for keeping them small :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

Hindu Skunk. One of my fav strains. I haven't been able to find it for a few years. I hope this is the same type that I like so much. (front two and the two behind it). These where planted the same as the Blue Dream above and the LA below.
    [​IMG]

LA Confidential. We grew this strain last season. It tested at 15.12 % THC so I figured we would grow it again. (two front and two behind them)
    [​IMG]

The two front are Purple Dream, two in back are Gweedo. We got these as baby clones around mid June.
    [​IMG]

This skinnier one is a Romulan that we got around July 2nd. There was some Green Crack growing there but we pulled it because it wasn't growing. In the back is a bushy Sour Diesel that we planted mid June. The other one in the back is also a Sour Diesel. I don't know why it isn't growing as good as the first? That's why I always grow extra. You never know how things will go.
    [​IMG]

These front four are Grand Queen Purples. I also grew these last season. It's a very potent, local strain indica. These were planted as baby clones at the end of June.
    [​IMG]

This is the garden. I think I'm going to like this season :smoke:
    I'm finding many advantages of a shorter garden.
    [​IMG]

2. He yeah we missed you! GC's greatest grandma grower!!! Mjmama's like me need a good granny to look up too. :p

3. Grandma we did indeed miss you!

I always use you thread from last year as reference quite a bit....hopefully you dont get hit with worms so bad this year.....

do you think you will have to harvest the top half and leave the bottom by growing them smaller (than ladt year)?

Its good to hear youre still at it!

And mjmama..... I knew I recognized that name....lol.

See...we know what threads to follow...

4. Whoop! Another granny g peek show! Lookin good over there! :ey::ey:

5. nice grow ill be following this one 2

6. subbed for the ride :D

7. whoo hoo granny is back!

8. subbin' up for the ride grandma. I can't believe you don't have the AK47 going again.

9. [quote name='"old bser"']subbin' up for the ride grandma. I can't believe you don't have the AK47 going again.[/quote]

Thats what I was about to say!

Who was it that had that purple ak that had purple worms? That was gnarly!

10. [quote name='"dsneezy916"']

Thats what I was about to say!

Who was it that had that purple ak that had purple worms? That was gnarly![/quote]

If I'm not mistaken, it was granny's Purple Diesel that inspired me to grow the strain this year. She knocked it out of the park! Looks like another great season. Your "small" plants are bigger than most people who tried to go big.

11. granny you should come by for a beer seeins how we are homies and shit..

12. Hey all. Thanks for stopping by. :smoke:
    Yes, it was me with the purple worms. That was weird, awesome and fucked-up all at the same time. :eek: lol
    This season we're hoping to not have that problem. I researched the life cycle of the budworm. Apparently, It's moth that lays an egg on the leaf that hatches to an itty bitty caterpillar that goes through a few grow stages while eating through your bud, until it's a big fat green (or purple) caterpillar that drops to the ground and pupates in the soil until next season, at which time it comes out as a moth.
    I'm hoping that these will stop the cycle :D We have two in our garden.
    [​IMG]

13. Hey Gram.. CAn i call you Gram? LOL nice grows you have there

14. delightful. :)

15. Granny's grows are Awesome! Sub'd fo sho!! :metal:

16. Saaaweeeeeet.

17. [quote name='"Grandma Gudenhi"']Hey all. Thanks for stopping by. :smoke:

Yes, it was me with the purple worms. That was weird, awesome and fucked-up all at the same time. :eek: lol
    This season we're hoping to not have that problem. I researched the life cycle of the budworm. Apparently, It's moth that lays an egg on the leaf that hatches to an itty bitty caterpillar that goes through a few grow stages while eating through your bud, until it's a big fat green (or purple) caterpillar that drops to the ground and pupates in the soil until next season, at which time it comes out as a moth.
    I'm hoping that these will stop the cycle :D We have two in our garden.
    [/quote]

I bought one of those and have been spraying the whole yard with BT regularly. After losing so much to the worms last year, I'm prepared this season. Hopefully it's enough. Good luck granny. No purple worm epidemics this year. :p

18. Hello people :wave: Hope everyone is good n high (Gudenhi) today :smoke:
    Purple caterpillars...that was so weird. lmao
    We put the zappers out last season and it did seem to make a difference, but we're not really sure because we put them out so late in the season.
    We cut some pieces out of the zapper cage because the moths wouldn't fit through it. If you look good at the pic you can see where we cut some out. That black cage used to go all the way around it.
    I heard BT works good. I'm leery about spraying stuff on my plants, even if it is organic. I've been able to keep them at bay by picking them off in the early morning. We lost not much more than an ounce to budworms last season. Maybe about three ounces the season before. And that's not just the damaged area but everything around it that I also pick off the plant.
    I'm hoping that the reason for less damage last season is because of the zappers. :smoke:

19. [quote name='"Grandma Gudenhi"']Hello people :wave: Hope everyone is good n high (Gudenhi) today :smoke:

Purple caterpillars...that was so weird. lmao
    We put the zappers out last season and it did seem to make a difference, but we're not really sure because we put them out so late in the season.
    We cut some pieces out of the zapper cage because the moths wouldn't fit through it. If you look good at the pic you can see where we cut some out. That black cage used to go all the way around it.
    I heard BT works good. I'm leery about spraying stuff on my plants, even if it is organic. I've been able to keep them at bay by picking them off in the early morning. We lost not much more than an ounce to budworms last season. Maybe about three ounces the season before. And that's not just the damaged area but everything around it that I also pick off the plant.
    I'm hoping that the reason for less damage last season is because of the zappers. :smoke:[/quote]

That's a great idea. I may alter my zapper the same way. The BT seems safe enough to me because it's only a harmless bacteria, that after a few days of sun exposure, the bacteria dies and is absorbed by the plant. I figure if it doesn't even harm other types of insects, it has to be pretty harmless. It just happens to rot the guts out of budworms. ;)

What I've suggested to my friends is to spray the rest of the yard, but not the MJ plants. That way nothing is sprayed on the buds, no risk of mold from spraying. But the bacteria can still infect the moths before they lay eggs in our plants.