Whats your favorite steak and how do you like it cooked?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by deadkndys, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Rare steaks = good steaks! Throw a bloody steak on a plate and I won't ask questions.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Ribeye cooked barley to medium rare marinated in my secret blend cooked over mesquite chips with a wine reduction for the sauce. Absolute perfection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. On the grill ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397739334.367935.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Yep.

From a grass fed cow, cooked over mesquite.

Mmmmmm....

5. Feels a lil early in the day to be thinkin of Steaks right now but lol

Porterhouse medium-well

6. Steak marinated with Dale's marinade. On the grill of course! Medium-rare. Yum.

Sent from my SCH-I200PP using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Filet mignon, super rare. Salt pepper only.

8. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. In tacos on occasion? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401535140.989591.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Man, I have been craving steaks like crazy lately but I'm a pescetarian (vegetarian that eats fish). My favorite has to be a rare ribeye that's lightly seasoned. Any steak that's practically still mooing is a good in my book.

11. Bacon wrapped filet mignon cooked medium rare. 

12. #154 dabKling, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
    different cuts should be enjoyed at different doneness.

a ribeye, for example, full of fat, when undercooked, serves up vaguely warmed gristle.  When this type of steak is cooked to all the way to medium, it allows the fats to run and even the thicker ones to change their state.  anyone can eat a rare ribeye - but thats fucking gross!  People who swear by rare and MR would be surprised by how good a ribeye is taken almost to midwell (blasphemy!) (this is also where cooking through and finishing, or starting, in the oven is key)

a flank steak, filet, sirloin, or any other very lean beef is super delicious rare, or even with a quick hot sear that leaves the inside essentially raw, I like to slice thin and serve with ponzu sauce, lemon and scallion.

favorite 'murican style steak is a medium rare new york

porterhouses are cool for a weapon but they cook better as separate steaks.

13. High quality Ribeye & rare

14. Rib eye on the grill. Lightly covered in garlic salt, curry, crushed red pepper. Slow grilled away from the coals for about 20 minutes on one side and 10 on the other. Never dry and almost a fork only meal, it is super juicy and tender. Sometimes to get the fat burned I will toss it directly over the coals but have to keep a good eye on it for obvious flame up reasons. 

15. beef tenderloin, Blue rare like a fucking savage

[​IMG]

beef tenderloin, Blue rare like a fucking savage

[​IMG]

16. Prime rib well done

And a t bone in a prison cell so I can stab my celly in the neck like that one guy did in the movie law abiding citizen

17. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409521785.291136.jpg had decent luck with a usda prime ribeye last night. 'Twas tits!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forums

18. A nice strip of New York cooked to medium perfection.