Whats your favorite steak and how do you like it cooked?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by deadkndys, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Filet mignon med rare, a good by strip, still haven't tried cotes de bouef

Attached Files:

2. A \t\t \t\tFilet mignon or a Delmonico cooked medium. Salt and pepper with maybe a dash of worcestershire sauce

3. NY or sirloin.

As RARE as possible.

No a1 sauce, eff that crap.

4. Ribeye, lots of fat. I mean LOTS
    Medium rare, seasoned with sea salt and cracked black pepper.

5. bone-in ribeye- salt, pepper, medium rare. Simple, yet delicious.

On a related note, I had a NY strip for lunch since they were on sale at publix. Unfortunately no grill, but I pan seared that bitch to a delicious medium rare and it was so good I'm thinking about making the other one I got for dinner.

6. As long as it 'moos' when I fork it, I'm good.

I usually tell my server 'any brown and I'll send it back, it needs to bleed'

7. seared flat iron or a filet mignon at charlie browns steak house, i fucking llove that place. the salad bar is most dope. best in the world

8. I also love chuck! If you cook it right, it tastes way better than any porterhouse or ribeye. It's gotta be slow roasted.

9. [quote name='"paleolith"']I also love chuck! If you cook it right, it tastes way better than any porterhouse or ribeye. It's gotta be slow roasted.[/quote]

Sous vide chuck is like a fucking cheap bottom sirloin hahaha and making a sous vide vessel is relatively cheap, compared to buying one for like 500 at the cheapest

10. I always felt that the best way to eat steaks was medium rare. Maybe a little raw in the middle but mostly pink everywhere and if we're talking good steak then IMO it has to be dry aged.

I had an 12 oz Filet Mignon that was dry aged over 50 something days once, that was extremely delicious, and I think my other favorite steak was a veal chop cooked with the bone in.

11. Omaha porterhouse steak with a little salt and pepper, medium rare. mmmmmmmhmmmm with some onions as well :D damn im hungry now LOL

12. filet mignon burnt to a crisp with peanut butter on it :poke:

13. I'd go with the Porterhouse. No less than medium.

14. Medium rare filet please :yummy:

15. I like a medium rare NY. So good :)
    Also Prime Rib but not in steak form, in roast form, med rare as well.
    Below is a 5 bone (I think) Prime rib I made last xmas. It was amazing :)

Attached Files:

16. A thick,dry aged,prime nyc strip,buttered lightly,kosher salt and peppered,rubbed,medium-rare preferably grilled by me.A little bit ago I had a juicy porterhouse medium rare it was decent I had somegrilled shrimp too.I love a good filet mignon on a romantic dinner/date but when im trying to fill my belly a filet mignon doesnt cut it.Im fadedand all this talk about steaks is giving me munchies again ha :smoke:

17. Ribeye medium well. ALLLL DAYYY BABY ALL DAYYY

18. Uh Filet Minigion.

Medium Rare.

19. A Kobe filet mignon. Lol fuck that expensive shit, if I was disgustingly rich I would but sadly Im not :)

20. eat steak eat steak eat a big ol steer