Whats your favorite steak and how do you like it cooked?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by deadkndys, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Thanks mon,

I put hoisen sauce or oyster sauce on steak just to give it more flavor, and always season with rock salt, it pack more flavor to the bite.

2. London Broil, I want it so rare that it moo's back at me. :yummy:

3. I happen to not know the difference so i'll just say i like steak with some A1

4. Salmon steak!

Moderately, I guess.

5. Tri-tip non, direct heat,1 slice of apple wood(put on coals),saltnpepper for 1hour, sear and grub!

6. [quote name='"dsneezy916"']Tri-tip non, direct heat,1 slice of apple wood(put on coals),saltnpepper for 1hour, sear and grub![/quote]

I love tri-tip too. I usually throw some pecan chunks into the weber. Cook it over direct as much as possible until its med rare. That and a good beer...nothing better.

7. i will eat any kind of steak, everywhere from rare all the way up to well done, but if its well done it better not taste like crap

8. Carne asada
    Carne cesina
    Flanken ribs
    Ribs

9. [quote name='"CaliBudE"']Carne asada
    Carne cesina
    Flanken ribs
    Ribs[/quote]

Well done

10. a done filet mignon

11. Ribeye over grill Montreal steak seasoning :chill:

12. No fat, I cut it off anyways...

Black and blue.

13. Any steak that is well seasoned and cooked to medium rare will be my favorite.

14. medium rare ny strip. little drizzle of butter after pulling her off the grill.
    pepper and its ready to go.

but if i could have anything, id try some Kobe.

15. You have to go to japan to get the real thing now.

16. Pussy

and i like it wet

• Like Like x 1
  17. Horse Fillet cooked medium. Salt & pepper and this special souce omg dankest steak i ever ate in my life. The restaurant was "Three french coats" in iceland.

18. If money was no object I would prefer Ribeye. I worked at this amazing little butch shop for 4 years and they have the best meat in town.

On a budget then Sirloin Ball Tips. amazing steak for the price, very tender.

19. It's bewteen ribeye and sirloin, and grilled to about medium :D!

20. I don't like doing surgery on a steak before I eat one, so I like Filet Mignon. It doesn't have the flavor of flank (also great grilled) but I add a strip of quality bacon around the edge of a 2" thick filet, grill it on lump charcoal over very hot direct heat, then finish it off the direct heat until it's done to my choice, medium rare. The bacon adds the necessary flavor the the bland filet, and it's a solid hunk of pure meat with no fat or grizzle to get in the way.

I also like to have surf&turf with a nice thick tuna steak, marinated in soy, ginger,wasabi paste, spring onions and lime juice. Save some of the fresh marinade before you add the tuna to use as a dipping sauce. I sear the Tuna over a super hot grill for 1.5 minutes/side. Make sure the steak is ice cold so it turns out charred on the outside and raw inside like sushi. That combo of the charr, raw cool tuna and the wasabi/soy dipping sauce is SOO FUCKING GOOD...it's like sex:yay: