New Project Ideas

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sledge20, Jul 28, 2012.

1. dont listen to that junk a 90w dosen't replace a 400w HPS(its just a marketing trick) but it will replace around 180w of hps and it will be cooler and cheaper to run :D + the plants love the muti spectrums)

2. I don't believe a 90w led could replace a 400 w hps, just showing what is said out there.

I will probably go with the 90W ebay LED, and two or three of the desktop hydro systems.
    Do you think that should be enough light in a 2*3 1/2 ish closet with three plants.

Also, what do you think of these? High Times voted the previous model best budget hydro unit of 2012.

3. Not a huge DIY guy, still great advice. Also, check out this article L.E.D. GROW LIGHTS

4. Hid Hut may cot be completely full of it.

Completely

5. Great advice with the CFLs

6. in the article i think they did 400w led vs 400w mh vs 400w hps vs air-cooled 600w ...like you said its like comparing apple to oranges LED's are great and HID's are great they both have their place in grow rooms..just different circumstances

7. They said they used the prototype of Hid Hut's UFO (a 90 watt LED)

LED Grow Lights The LED UFO Enhanced

I may go back to soil (it's still in up in the air), but I definetly won't buy the comet 150, but the comet 400 is looking good now, or two ebay LEDs.

8. thats a lie than no 90w is gunna yeild more than 400w i dont care if its 90w of HPS or 90w LED vs 400w CFL

9. Holy balls, I was just looking at the DS series when you sent me that link. The reviews are Killer too.

10. Hey, don't shoot the messanger. I'm just giving the facts.

11. srry if i came off a little rude no harm intended......just lettin ya know whats up with all the LED business gimmicks....:hello:

12. PS advanced DS series is where its at when it comes to top LED's(+90 day trial period and a 3 year warranty)...and they are 100% usa made....

13. Understandable, have you ever had any experience with the Blackstars? At 278$ for 240 watts, it definetely seems like the best deal. Reviews are mixed.

14. Yeah, but with the ds series I couldn't go above the 100 watt due to the prices. It's between the DS 100 at 295.00 and the Blackstar 240w at 278

15. Would I need a ballast for either? looks like I may for the DS...

16. Hps lights is what u need to really get some sick ganja its all i used, im not to convinced with led just yet!

17. lol this is the same thing i was just going thru a couple days ago with my new buddy on here Tommyguns....after we both did countless research he ended up going with the DS-100 and i think he made the right decision...its your call like you said ive seen some mixed reviews about the BlackStars but u get a little more bang for your buck...yet u only get a 1 year warranty

i guess just think about it in the long run the ds-100 is guaranteed to last 3+ years(while the blackstar 240w may last just as long you only get a 1 year guarantee)

NO LED's REQUIRE ANYTHING OTHER THAN A POWER CORD (unless the are screw-in bulbs..then you just need any ole lamp) the extra spot you see on the advanced led's are so when/ if you purchase another light from them you can connect them together(you just have to ask for connector cord)then only have to plug 1 into the wall