christian stoners?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by cotter, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Christianity is fucking crazy. Right wing conservative Christians scare the shit out of me.

2. that is a good thing...

i am scarey so i smoke not be be so scarey plus God and herb are the only things that dampen my insatiable drive to take over the world...

i am not kidding....God is Great...

3. I've been to Christian churches all my life. I still enjoy going to them. I go for the familiarity and the fact I still believe in a God. I just don't know about that bible and such:p seems like bologna. I could be agnostic but I believe in God but am also very spiritual, maybe I'm Jewish and don't even know it lol

4. I am very christian(you could say a fanatic) ,and i smoke weed and tobacco.(mostly weed)

I am worshipping my own way of christianity

5. Not gonna lie, I would love to goto church high.

6. Saw this thread, kinda interested so I'll throw in my 2- Raised in a Catholic home, school and church daily(because of the school), even a few years as an alter boy(man, I've done a lot of things in this boring live I've lead...). I know I have a "catholic" thought process from all that, But- imho they still provide some of the best education money can buy, way surpassing any public school experience. I digress, tho.

I consider myself a recovering catholic, because sometimes the "catholic" thought is not what I want. But I look at religion as something man-made in the same way governments and other seemingly eternal institutions are. People live in mythologies constructed long before they were born, and all experience is viewed through that myth. Human nature being what it is, our faults tend to corrupt efforts any time we try to control another persons thoughts or actions, which is what nearly all groups, clubs, and associations are for to at least some extent.

I view all these issues of religion and government through this lens (when I can), and try to remember all these problems come from the desire of humans to control others. The construct is man made. If God exists, it is not in the form we chose for him, he is necessarily outside our experience, and for some reason, I don't think he desires to follow our directions.

What I believe is that one of the important points of most religions and such is the need to moderate human nature to allow us to live together in a peaceful and orderly way. I believe in the Golden Rule- treat others in the manner you wish to be treated yourself. Being human can be really hard sometimes.

So I look back at the "sermon" I wrote and see that I didn't really answer the question directly. That's because it matters how "christian" is defined and one is identified. The definition is all in the mind of the definer(not sure that's a real word...). So the real question should be can people smoke weed without harming or otherwise bothering someone else and remain true to themselves? A person doesn't have to be a christian by anyone's definition to get up in your business, when they should be minding their own.

I think a more accurate premise would be how humans can overcome being haters. We ALL could use some help.

7. I am a fellow believer, however I am not a stoner. I smoke weed, but do not title myself based on those credentials that's just me though

God bless, see you in heaven! :)

8. #49 superguyent, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2011
    I am a solid Christian Love God with all my heart and have been all my life of 38 years. I grew up as a Pastors Kid and it was condemed in my home all while I was growing up, still is as a matter of fact. I have smoked weed for 22 years and I have never read in God's word where it is wrong, and I read the Bible regularly. I pray a lot when I am high, many christians say it is a replacement for God's spirit, but that is bacause they have never tired it. I dont see it that way, I say it is an enhancement to God's Sprirt becasue it puts all the crap of the day behind you. It relaxes you and allows you to see and feel God in ways that you never could while straight. When I am straight I always worry, fret and my mind is always running. WHen I am high it slows me down and allows me to relax and when I pray it really draws me closer to God becasue my thoughts are at rest and it allows God to speak to me without all the crap of the day interfering. So I pray and meditate with God all the time when I am high. Many may think it is wrong, but I don't see it. Untill God convicts me of it I will continue to smoke weed. After all God created it so if God created it, it has to be good.

There are way to many man made sins out there that are no where in the Word of God. You know Christians are some of the most up tight, bound, and in bondage folks I know, and they bring it on themselves with all their man made rules and doctirnes. Just love God, get to know him and read the word for what it says, not what others say it says. If the bible says its wrong then it's wrong. Sex before marriage is wrong, I know that becasue the bible says so. Taking God's name by swearing is wrong, why becasue the bible says so. Murder, adolotry, stealing, cheating, lust are all wrong, becasue the bible comes right out and says so. But i have yet to read one scripture that says smoking weed, or even drinking alcohol is wrong. The Bible tells us not to be alcoholics, or drunkards but no where does it say not to drink or smoke weed. The bible even says eating too much is wrong, but all christians seem to do that without remorse or condemnation. That is why I say read the bible for what it says, not for what everyone thinks it says. Stop calling things sin and putting words in the bible that are not there. You need to get to know Jesus for who he is not who everyone else says He is. Live a free life loving Jesus and stop trying to push your great great great grandfathers made up sins on everyone.

I love God and thank him everyday for my life, my wonderful job,my wife and 3 children....and yes my wife smokes with me...and the sex by the way when your high is CRAZY GOOD...lol

I am a Christian Stoner that loves God with all I am and I am proud to admit it.

9. I am a solid Christian Love God with all my heart and have been all my life of 38 years. I grew up as a Pastors Kid and it was condemed in my home all while I was growing up, still is as a matter of fact. I have smoked weed for years and I have never read in God's word where it is wrong, and I read the Bible regularly. I pray a lot when I am high, many christians say it is a replacement for God's spirit, but that is bacause they have never tired it. I dont see it that way. It relaxes you and allows you to see and feel God in ways that you never could while straight. When I am straight I always worry, fret and my mind is always running. WHen I am high it slows me down and allows me to relax and when I pray it really draws me closer to God becasue my thoughts are at rest and it allows God to speak to me without all the crap of the day interfering. So I pray and meditate with God all the time when I am high. Many may think it is wrong, but I don't see it. Untill God convicts me of it I will continue to smoke weed. After all God created it so if God created it, it has to be good.

There are way to many man made sins out there that are no where in the Word of God. You know Christians are some of the most up tight, bound, and in bondage folks I know, and they bring it on themselves with all their man made rules and doctirnes. Just love God, get to know him and read the word for what it says, not what others say it says. You need to get to know Jesus for who he is not who everyone else says He is. Live a free life loving Jesus and stop trying to push your great great great grandfathers made up sins on everyone.

I am a Christian Stoner that loves God with all I am and I am proud to admit it.

10. though i'm not christian per-se, i do try and follow the teachings of christ (which i personally believe transcends any particular religion... if you cut out the dogma, that is.) i guess by that merit i could call myself christian but by the fact i identify as a witch means i would probably not be welcomed into many churches (since a lot still hold to the whole "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" bit which should read "poisoner" instead... thank you king james the first. :/ )

11. I'm Christian and I smoke once in a while, it's not bad :)

12. smoking weed is a sin. christian potheads are walking a line, and should cross. stop smoking, or stop worshiping.

13. haha i went to my youth group (church for teens) high once and it was a pretty tight experience. nobody knew i was high so it was all good haha i listened really closer to what the speaker said and got pretty into it and voiced my opinion to. overall it made me think allot more critically.

anyways, I'm not a Christian but I believe in a Universal Creator. the Bible even says all the plants on the earth are for us and it even mentions psychedelics. in the Bible it was called Mana or the Bread of God.

14. Being stoned is my most real reality. I'm not the type who tries to live in denial, but when I am stoned I see my faults so much clearer, even if I already accept them on an intellectual level when I'm not high.

Also, I am a Christian. Actually, I used to be a preacher and have been thinking about planting a church here soon. My views have changed immensely since those times, but I still desire be like Jesus (Christ-like, though I'm not a huge fan of the use of his title instead of his personal name). I am judged by many christians, but I have crossed paths with a surprising amount of christians in my area who seem to hold similar beliefs as me.

As far as pot goes, it is an illogical leap to demonize something that is never mentioned (excluding the kaneh bos possibility) in the Bible simply because those you consider sinners do it. "Sinners" also like to sit on porch swings for relaxation, but preachers are not calling for this to become sinful. The mind-altering substance argument is invalid as well since the author of the "Song of Songs" suggests a few foods to use as an aphrodisiac. Besides, Jesus saved the best wine for last...oh yeah, I forgot. It wasn't fermented. :rolleyes:

15. Jesus used marijuana! :smoke:

16. Exactly my friend.

As a certain wise man from India once said:

Be the change you want to see in the world.

17. I'm christian. I try follow the 10 commandments and pray every night. I don't bash people for their religion though. Since every religion is the "right" one. We all have our own beliefs and if someone doesn't believe in god it doesn't really make me think less of them. I can't say I don't make fun of people and laugh at things that shouldn't be laughed at, cause I'm sure I get made fun of alot too. But you gotta laugh in life. It's too short to try to live perfect.

I smoke weed too. The bible clearly states, "I give you every plant bearing seed" I don't think it necessarily means to "smoke" them, but I still do it anyway.

18. That's the point. It's up to you to decide what things mean. The bible (and other religious books) is merely a guide for people to consider along the way. Be influenced by it, be inspired by it, sure. But what you do is what you do. There is no right or wrong way to walk to god.

But because even now, you do things that some members of your religion do not agree with, perhaps they do not see you as 'christian' because of it. That doesn't mean you're not, as surely being christian depends on your relationship with jesus and god. But they think they have a lot to say about what you do just because you choose to label yourself with the same word they do.