All The Best Opinions On Curing For taste.

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by SkunkPatronus, Jul 26, 2012.

1. I trim the buds wet. Preferably just after the lights come on, that way the leaves are perky and easy to trim. After the trim they go on a drying rack. 5-7 days later (2-3 days in winter months) and there ready for the jar. Usually they go back and forth between the jar and rack a few times over the first 2 days of curing. When there dry the lid only comes off if I'm smokin (so the lids come off often lol).

ForumRunner_20120803_085409.png

ForumRunner_20120803_085636.png

Also great for drying the trim.

BeZ...V

2. Cured Vanilla Kush.

ForumRunner_20120803_090528.png

BeZ...V

• Like Like x 1
  3. Never used this...might have to try it out. I use apples, carrots and stuff for moisture, but it has it's negatives...will find humidpaks.

4. #24 Just_X, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
    That looks really good!

5. Pop any leaf open at a vein and smell the fluid. It is rich in smell.
    I am a stem rubber...it's how I pick young stock for breeding. Rub between thumb and forefinger, and smell what's on your fingers now...it too is rich in smell. Those terps aren't just located in the buds, they are all over that plant. What ever is also in the leaves, and that manages to migrate to the bud in the drying process, changes the buds composition positively, so what ever it is, it isn't bad?
    Wish I had a chemical assay, or something scientific, but I don't, just fingers and a nose and observation. Shit smokes better hung with the leaves intact.

I have noted with age, that most scientific developments aren't, "I thought so" moments, but rather, "what the hell was that?" moments. Less, "aha!", more, "What the fuck?". It wasn't a theory that was proven, based on a concept, it was a lazy harvest that tasted way better; so a 'whoa, what did I accidentally do here'.

I love your overthinking tho, puts my underthinking to the test...

You take gorgeous pictures.

• Like Like x 1

6. Really?
    I'm a glass girl.
    Might have to look at what glass is doing to it though. Glass isn't porous or permeable though, would have thought it a perfect storage devise...

7. heres some from my last cut.

8. mmmm. I'm in veg mode, and I'm sooooo jealous of the fresh hung weed!!! :devious:

NICE:hello:

9. [quote name='"SkunkPatronus"']

Really?
    I'm a glass girl.
    Might have to look at what glass is doing to it though. Glass isn't porous or permeable though, would have thought it a perfect storage devise...[/quote]

I've got a friend that uses the Turkey Bags, I'm not fully onboard yet. As you said nonporous and air tight.

10. what is the reasoning (science) for this? you sorta gave a half thought 'i'm told...' what are you told? lol:confused::confused:

why bags and not jars? :smoke:

11. please explain....

would this be better than a jar cure? poss, paps, skunk, anyone have an opinion on this, or experience?

12. Yo! Me an my friend bought some weed from another dude, but he was describing his cure, we asked cus his shit is fuking delicious, i mean it smells and tastes really good, but anyways he told us that he just stops watering his plant and then puts it in a coset for a month, we asked if he cut the leafs but he says he dosent cut any leafs not even the fan leafs? He dosent jar them either just stops watering? Could this ne? Has anybody else heard of this?

13. I have no earthly idea. I do have a cedar cigar box that has got to be 20 years old if it's one day and it still smells like cedar when it's opened. I can't imagine that being good for weed but WTF do I know.

14. Possuum,
    I read in a high times magazine like 10 years ago (so take with a grain of salt) that you never want to put your buds in plastic because the polarity of the plastic sucks thc away from the buds. Thats why your baggies are all frosty after you've emptied a bag. You cant scrape those crystals off of the bag. They are one with the bag. Ive done glass ever since. Used to take a glass jar to the dopeman's house, cause I hated putting it in a baggie after reading that.

SP,
    I have always taken off the fans first because they are bigger when wet and I am able to get a closer trim. I figured it was the leaf that made the smoke harsh so I wanted to get as close to 100% bud as possible. I'm down for trying something new though.

Marapa,
    Here recently, my AC broke in the middle of a heat wave and my Super Lemon Haze got to enjoy 106 degree heat at the very end of its life. All the leaves were shriveled and dried out when I discovered what happened. I wonder if this affected my flavour since all the juice in the leaves was quickly evaporated instead of doing it at its own pace. My SLH has a great smell and buzz, but Im not impressed with the flavor.

Marley,
    I think you have it figured out. Everytime i dry, my space has a humidity of around 35%. They dry in 3 or 4 days. I think a slower dry would preserve the flavor better. I need to try to get my humidity stable before I dry next time. I dry in a homeade wooden box that has a DIY carbon filter on it. I believe the box is made of Pine.

Love this thread. I need to overhall my drying/curing skills.

15. Oven baked turkey bags or vacumn sealed food storage bags. Different kind of plastic and the trichs don't stick.

I hear ya tho and I do believe there's truth in the "stoner science" you reference :wave::).

16. :(Yo! Guys just checked my shit this morning and it has mold! What thafk to fo? Need help! Please!

17. Air that shit out immediately. Too much moisture. Hope you caught it soon enough.

18. For long term storage I've used the foodsaver vac pacs, but you gotta put your big boy pants on when that vac sucks down on your nice beautiful buds. Some times they spring back and other times they brick. It all smoked just fine. It just doesn't have that pretty bag appeal that people like. I also like they weight and lack of smell with the bags. I took zip on vacation, when I got the package at the hotel upon arival, promptly smoked a blunt. I put the zip in the room safe and wet to get dinner. When I got back to the room and opened the door I was floored by smell of cherry skunk. Like a dumbass I forgot about what i was going to store it in once it was open. In the morning I got a jar and turned down maid service for the day.

19. Cut out the moldy parts and discard. Dry the rest out. Mold dosen't like temperaures above 84f or moving air. You need to get that moisture out of there. If the buds are tight and still on the stem you might want to trim them. Good luck. Mold sucks.

20. Thanks guys! What im gonna do is put that bud in news paper and put behind my tv, i think it happend cus it a fucking big ass bud but when i inspected it last night it looked good, so im just gonna have to dry it quickly, fuck i wanted for this bud to taste really go:(od.