Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Canna-Oil vs. Canna-Butter

• Please log in to reply

pureherbalcure

pureherbalcure

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Personally, I have only ever used oil and used the crockpot method as it is least labor intensive, but I wanted to know if anyone knew how the THC absorption compared between butter and oil, and also between specific oils -vegetable, coconut, peanut, olive, etc.

Because I recently saw a claim in this forum that vegetable oil was bad, but does anyone have any info to support that?

Similar Topics: Canna-Oil vs. Canna-Butter     x

KLappDOgg

KLappDOgg

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Coconut oil is highest in saturated fats and is also very healthy for you.
See some info in this thread
http://forum.grassci...bombs-more.html

jkcole

jkcole

• Registered Upgraded
  • 436 posts
The most potent, to my knowledge of experience and research, is coconut oil.

It has 100% total fat content. Which that alone is better than the rest. It also contains a high level of MCTs. Which is medium chain transporters. These are helpful to the digestive system, as they do what the name says; transport! :P

Basically making the active cannabinoids more bioavailable to the body. Helping it to absorb more and achieve more of your high

Coconut oil also has many other health benefits as mentioned already. It is an anti-biodial, meaning it boost immune systems. And has many other benefits.

Google it to find all the little details. But CO is def my recommendation!
  • MFxDeadstroke likes this

btaylortherogue

btaylortherogue

I believe in the user.

• Silver Member
  • 87 posts

AlaskanBushMom

AlaskanBushMom

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
QUESTION: I see SO many ways to make cannabutter .. from using butter to coconut oil, and adding water or not. Why would I add water if I'm making it in a crockpot? Isn't the cooking part just supposed to infuse the THC oils into the butter, without burning it up? The more I watch, the more I am confused. Today, I bought the magicalbutter.com machine because, frankly, I'm scared to waste this expensive herb and have it end up ruined! Why DO I need water???

btaylortherogue

btaylortherogue

I believe in the user.

• Silver Member
  • 87 posts

janay101

janay101

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

QUESTION: I see SO many ways to make cannabutter .. from using butter to coconut oil, and adding water or not. Why would I add water if I'm making it in a crockpot? Isn't the cooking part just supposed to infuse the THC oils into the butter, without burning it up? The more I watch, the more I am confused. Today, I bought the magicalbutter.com machine because, frankly, I'm scared to waste this expensive herb and have it end up ruined! Why DO I need water???

The water is actually used to slow down the cooking process in order to keep the cannabis from burning. It also makes the butter taste a lot "cleaner". Finally, it'll make removing the butter easier as the cannabis oils will cling to the fat in the butter and the butter will rise to the top and solidify into one big chunk of butter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users