Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How come my dealer doesnt know/tell me what kind of weed he has

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by stephes123, Jul 24, 2012.

1. comparing weed to alcohol big fail weed is so much more and then some, not going to reply again wasted enough of my time, agree to disagree.

2. #22 420rowdyguy, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2012
    What I ment by saying all weed is the same, is that no matter what weed you get (strain-wise) you are going to be just as high as if you got something else (strain-wise)-For the average smoker (what I was trying to argue in my OP)

Only noticeable difference being a uplifting energetic sativa or a couch locking indica- for an average pot smoker

With a medical user they would feel the minor changes in the "high" because their condition allows them too

Someone without pain would not feel the painkilling effects of some strains while those in pain do (difference between average smoker and medical user)

What I was trying to get across in my OP was that the different effects from different concentrations of CBD,THC etc are only noticeable in a MMJ user since they have a symptom which allow them to notice it, the effects on someone completely healthy (average smoker) would not be noticed

So I see from your side you thought I was considering MMJ users in my OP, I apologize for not making that clear, I was only considering the average pot smoker vs strains

Though when I said Cali has the best weed in America, I admit I said that because of the MMJ system/growers there

Sorry for the hostility. Haven't had the wake up toke yet lol

3. are you saying that weed doesn't get you high?

4. yeah me to 420 its hot here and the heat has got me stressed, all good.

5. +Rep

Good to see some respectable blades in the city

6. #26 Imadankster, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2012
    I believe a little more then 10% get legit strains names, around 25% to 1/2 the marijuana I see is named correctly.

The other half or more is grown in the close quarters of a Household, from passed on seeds with lost genetics, or seeds from a male/fem plant breeding.

Stress(mexbrick) will always be named stress and that is correct.

It is very easy to tell certain bud is genetically correct most of the time, I usually just google and compare pictures online, and most of the time its correct looks/smells/high. Weed can be grown to different quality and stressed to change as more phenotypes come to life.

There is low grade, unflushed, poorly cut, uncured, dark colored Sour Diesel,
    Then their is the proper, fully flushed, cut perfect, cured long, crispy green sour diesel grown with care and no stress

I almost contradict myself, but usually marijuana stressed or grown organically with little experience can come out with different smells, colors and quality from the originally pledged genetics though. Thats were the bluff names flow like the wind, and change many times by the time the connect in the house down the street is handing someone a gram.

7. when I was younger, we had Mean Green, Joe's Dad's Bud, Hydro, Dank, Commercial, Shwag... No one new the real names of the strain, nor did anyone care.. strain names have been around for ever but, 9/10 years ago it became hip to have labeled weed... idk

8. As long as you like the weed its no problem imo, that being said its nice to know so you cam get a better idea of what you like, my dealer always knows, but that's because he is a pos and takes advantage of dispensaries.

9. If you're a connoisseur, it's not about quality (that's already implied) but about tasting different flavors and experiencing different types of highs. Most connoisseurs want to know the strain so they can keep track or know what to expect. If you're a dealer and you work with connoisseurs, you should take the extra half a second to find out what strain you have.

At least your guy is honest though.

10. Exactly, I'm not some "snobby smoker" on a throne, but I live in Washington and have the luxury of getting my bud directly from a grower. I like to know what strains I've smoked for future reference. To say there's only a distinction between indica and sativa is being ignorant. Most strains these days are hybrids and are going to give you a good combination of effects. Certain weed makes me hungry, some cause me to take the fattest naps, some make me want to work out, and others are great for socializing. There's a million different effects you'll get from different weed besides just couch lock vs. head high and I don't think you need to be a medical patient with a condition to notice these differences.

If you've had the advantage of always having reputable dealers, you understand it's much more complex than indica vs sativa. If you haven't been lucky enough, then of course "weed is weed" and it's going to get you high regardless. I just prefer to know what I'm getting in advance. I've had dealers tell me "I don't know" before and that's perfectly fine too, but if the name is known I prefer to know it.

11. Because he probally didnt grow it, he buys it from a grower and resells it that what my dealer does and my dealer always gots the bombest 420 just make sure it smells good and is nice and frosty and your all set

12. Sorry man, you had a handful of valid points in there but those numbers are complete bullshit. I mean, haven't you ever heard that 75% of all statistics are made up?

That being said, I know in NYC we often get weed with different strain names. Why you ask? Because the majority of the weed that goes through the city comes shipped from California (it's surprisingly easy but a little bit more complicated than just vacuum sealing a baggy) or it is grown in upstate NY or Pennsylvania. Sometimes it is even grown inside the city. In this case, 800 plants were found growing in a building: Cops bust Bronx pot greenhouse  - New York Daily News

Personally, I travel a lot from work and I have a friend of a friend from Oregon who grows and ships it to me. I can taste, smell, and see the difference between his strains too.

13. I rarely get a name but since I'm not in a medical state I don't care what the name is as long as its good. Would you rather have him make up names? I've only known when it's a strain with very distinctive smell like blueberry, but I'm sure theirs man strain that have that odor.

14. i live in the bay area and ive never bought no name weed. Nobody has to lie about strains either to sell it lol....then again im not in the hood. guess im just spoiled

15. What an ignorant and ridiculous thing to say.. I thought you knew what you were talking about until I read that.

Oh yeah, by the way, 98% of statistics are made up on the spot.

16. Maybe he doesn't know or care...Either way who cares as Long as its good and gets the job done ... Smoke up man

17. Of course i made up those stats? Is there a site that tells you shit like this?!?

I guesstimated based on what I have read and learned from the city and my life to make up a couple stats to illustrate what I was trying to get across

18. my dealer always knows the strains, but he doesn't give a shit. if i don't ask, he doesn't tell me. and i don't ask. what's the point? it's not like i can pick and choose specific strains anyway. hell, i'm lucky if i can even pick between a sativa or indica strain.

names are only relevant to medical patients.

19. I keep a list of strains I've enjoyed. but that's because I live in a med state and usually end up with truely medical grade-named strained

20. good pot should cost at /least/ $75 a 1/4, $125 1/2. that's just in my experience, but no matter where i've bought off the street (from hawaii to mississippi to cali to boston), those are going to be bargain prices on top shelf medicinal grade product. i'm paying $160 per 1/2 for top shelf medical buds right now and i'm fairly happy with the deal, since the bud is always dispensary worthy shtuff and my dealer is always available and in stock. if someone sells you a $100 half and tells you its organic purple haze or some sh*t, i'd be put on my guard immediately. just sayin. i think your supplier is just being real with you.