Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How come my dealer doesnt know/tell me what kind of weed he has

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by stephes123, Jul 24, 2012.

1. He hooks me up fat and gave me descent weed. The first time I bought from him, but when I ask him what kind of weed it is he says dank and that's it. What's up with that ?

2. He might not know what kind of weed it is?

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. He's just being honest and not giving you some bullshit name, because he doesn't know the name of the strain. Doesn't really matter as long as it smokes well

4. I buy weed all the time & never ask, what kind is this? who cares? the name doesn't matter, all that matters is the weed is good/strong & not full of seeds. In TX we don't give 2 $hits about the name of strains.

5. because hes an amateur, a dealer that dont know his strains is a dealer not worth dealing with imo.

6. ^How? If your not in a medical state somebody will most likely put a bullshit name on it anyway. Hes just being honest he dosnt know what it is. If its still dank who cares

• Like Like x 1
  7. I disagree. This cost 100 for a half o, dealer didn't know the name and didn't give me some bullshit name.

8. Some people don't really care and just leave it as "weed is weed".

9. #9 420rowdyguy, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2012
    Obviously he doesn't know it...

I thought even a child knew that when someone doesn't know something they say they don't know? :confused:

Strain names are for the people who think they are king shit with the "dopest deala around"

When in reality if you are getting weed and someone is calling it "master kush" they just think you look easy as fuck to rob and tell you it's master kush so you think they are high rollers and it's easier for them to charge you more

So really

No name weed = normal weed

Named weed = dudes trying to get you to pay more for normal weed

Weed is weed no matter what "strain"

This only applies in north/south America though not Europe
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Only place where strain names are actually correct is if you are growing seeds you bought from a dispensary, if you go to a cannabis expo (cannabis cup, treating yourself, high times etc) or if you buy it directly from the grower whom knows the strain.

If your not in Cali or Canada (don't know what europes like) you can expect 90% of "strains" to be complete bullshit in order for you to pay more. (even in Canada you can expect 50-70% of names are fake but most Canadians don't give a shit about names we just want to get high, I have heard of people buying Cali weed, orange crush and blue dream specifically and selling it as just "kush" here)

Reason why I say only Cali and Canada and not all of America is that Canadian growers are some of the biggest names in the game and we produce the best bud in the world and the only American state that comes close to our quality is California.

Not all strain names are bullshit but in america you can expect 98% to be made up in order for it sell faster and for more

Judging from your title and OP your dealer thinks you are a fool (he's probably right if you have to ask this on a forum and can't use your brain to figure it out yourself.)

10. [quote name='"nomoredoubts"']because hes an amateur, a dealer that dont know his strains is a dealer not worth dealing with imo.[/quote]

This is rediculous

11. People like this prove my point exactly, right mister big shot strain-smoking gangsta?

Hahaha :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  12. #12 Vermonster, Jul 24, 2012
    ^ All true points. I typically get strains named right- but they look different cause different growers, different mistakes, etc. All that i really wanna know from my buddy is sativa vs indica, i wanna know what to smoke during the day and at night.... i don't wanna show up to buy sativa dom and him hand me a fat sack of indica dom, or vice versa -__-

EDIT: Also I end up knowing how it is grown etc... but thats besides the point for you.

13. #13 420rowdyguy, Jul 24, 2012
    Exactly the only noticeable difference between "strains" is if they are indica and sativa

The underlying characteristics that make and differentiate the "strains" are so small that you don't/barely notice them (different concentrations of CBD,THC etc)

So strain names don't mean shit, it's only a way to identify and differentiate different phenotypes which the average smoker shouldnt care about

When an average smoker cares more about the strain than the high then that's a tell tale sign that that smokers ego is way too high and he is only smoking to look cool or to fit in

And like you said how growers all make different mistakes when growing the same strain, I agree, it happens all the time so when you see videos of people getting passed a nug and they think they are able to identitfy it just from smelling and looking at it, I nearly laugh myself into a coma lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. #14 nomoredoubts, Jul 24, 2012
    your an idiot, people where I live know their weed, they know what they want and when they want it.

As for saying strain names dont mean anything you really are clueless if a dealer tells me he has lemon haze I expect to have uplifting long lasting sativa high, if he tells me he has got blueberry I expect a heavy lovely fruity tasting long lasting CBD buzz, if he tells me he has white rhino I expect a heavy body numbing indica which is perfect for pain etc etc which is exactly what I get and if I get home and it aint what he says it is I take it back and if it happens again we dont deal with this guy again.

Dont come on this forum acting all tough and you coming from one of the weed capitals of the world I would of thought you knew better just because your getting your eye balls ripped out with shit strains does not mean every one else is, strains are what a lot of people look out for especially if your a mmj user.
    :wave:

Disrespect is not tolerated here - WW

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. #15 420rowdyguy, Jul 24, 2012
    Your mind is obviously clouded ATM cause if it wasn't you would have read that I didnt say all strains are bullshit and the differences you are describing between blueberry and lemon haze are the differences between sativa and indica not the actual phenotype difference (which you won't be able to just notice/feel)

You would have also gathered that I was talking about the average pot smoker not the medical marijuana users

You are could be part of that 10% I mentioned that could be getting legit strains in America, I don't know and I didnt accuse you of getting shit weed either I simply pointed out that most people who believe they are getting strains are the ones who think they are better than everyone else which your OP gave off that impression

I'm not saying all weed in America is nameless I'm just saying the birthplace of capitalism/consumerism is bound to have some gimmicks

Also please prove to me who's the one acting tough? (refer to bold) name calling is against the rules

16. Because maybe the supplier is growing seed's he doesn't know off.

17. weed is weed no matter what the strain? your words. you have just contradicted everything you said in the other post with this post, you dont make any sense if weed is just weed then people would just be walking around like zombies all day not knowing their smoking a heavy indica or lying awake at night thinking about wether or not they have left the iron on on some trippy sativa.

Your telling me people in Canada just accept any old weed as long as its weed?

18. Smoke weed = get high

Drink alcohol = get drunk

Sure you can buy vodka or you can go with whiskey but in the end your still going to be drunk.

Durrrr

19. I didn't mean to get involved in any drama, Just wanted the OP to get my thoughts cheers! Be careful what you say guys.

20. My dealer usually knows what kind it is.. And I can usually tell if he's bullshitting just by smell/ taste. But if you really want to know what kind you got, do a little research you never know!