How many watts per plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dirty south, Jul 23, 2012.

1. For use with the cfls

2. 100 watts for 1 plant, and 50 for every other is the general rule. Though I'd just stick to 100 watts per plant.

3. you need more. You won't bud much on 100 watt only.

4. What people usually fail to point out is that 100w per plant and 50w per extra plant is the Minimum amount of lighting suggested. With cfls the more the merrier as long as heat is under control.

More light = more bud

5. basically what joker said... I havent seen anything that great come from cfls, meaning yield, density and overall quality, but this isnt to say it isnt being done.. I just havent seen it, but I have only seen two cfl grows lol... If cfl is definitely the way you have chosen to go I would say larger containers, fewer plants, and keep everything real compact... If this is your first grow I'd say try 400 watts with 6 plants in 2-3 gallon containers... thats a nice starting point and everyone has a different environment and results so play from there. Good luck

6. [quote name='"FahkingStoned"']you need more. You won't bud much on 100 watt only.[/quote]

Not really I grew with 100 watt and got 2 ounces of dank. Bagseed.