Canary Islands gone legal???

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by FuerteFarmer, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Does anyone know if it's true that spain and canaries are giving licenses to grow now.

2. I believe some regions of northern Spain are allowing people to grow legally as a trial to see how it goes. I'm not sure on the canary islands though.

It was only a matter of time. EVERYONE grows over there anyway and the police don't care as long as you haven't got a huge plantation.

3. I lived in north Spain, (basque country) its not legal.
    If the cops catch you with buds they can fine you and if your caught growing its a little harsher. But in the basque country you can smoke in the street and the cops turn a blind eye, its pretty tolerated. I grew 3 plants in my aunts house and it was good, massive yield of Strawberry Cough and G13xhash plant.
    Seeds are legal over there you can buy them in any head shop.

4. I don't think so... I live in Spain (Eastern region) at the moment but haven't heard anything about it from anywhere.
    The only news I came across recently was that the people of Rasquera village (near Tarragona) voted yes for the cannabis plantation but if it's really going to happen or not is still unclear.

5. Next trip is to Spain :)

6. :laughing: Certainly it's REALLY easy to buy seeds here. Grow shops are everywhere. I'm in a quite rural area but even around here, some local shops in the neighboring towns & villages sell basic toking equipment & cannabis specific fertilizers (not good stuff though). :p

7. Im in the canary islands and we have a growers club because of that village in the mainland (forgot its name) Its 100€ a year and you can go to a distribution center to buy your buds and smoke in the cafe. We also have the best hydro shop I have ever seen offline. I know we can grow 5 plants for personal use and store up to 1.2 kilos. I want to open a coffee shop to tourists tho. Need a license to do that but not sure if its possible.

8. I think it's clear to say that the law is a little foggy on cannabis at the moment. But it is only a matter of time for Spain to go legal... or at least decriminalize. The local police saw my plants on a few occasions. The only thing they told me was that they would be due for harvest soon. That was it. It's not a major thing for police in a lot of areas.

Actually, in my local gardening shop i used to buy cannabis fertilizer.

All areas do vary though. So don't go over there and light up in the street expecting to get no attention.

9. ive always wanted to go to spain the people seem so chill, and i didnt even know they were lenient with weed also, it looks like the herb is getting more and more accepted world wide!

10. Emphasis mine: if this happened in most parts of the US, the person the police were talking to would literally shit themselves.

11. ^^
    this. I would Shit bricks Piss myself and vomit profusely on the officers dick

I don't know how what I said was relevant tho. Just me.

12. Oh I was shitting myself alright.

They came to my house for other reasons. After we finished chatting i saw one of the 2 officers starting directly at one of my plants. They then asked, ' Who owns the marijuana plants?'

I sheepishly smiled and said they were mine. But i only had a couple for personal use. There was a small silence... Then all he said was, '' They will need to be cut down soon''

He was either giving me advice on growing. Or a heads up that he wasn't going to do anything about it... but couldn't guarantee another would do the same. Needless to say I finished my grow and never saw the police again.

13. LOL maybe I'm just going crazy from living in the US, but that sounds like a threat to me.....:confused:

14. I am not from Basque Country (up north crazies), but here in Barcelona (by the Mediterranean Sea) , weed isn't considered tabboo, mind you that you WILL get shit from cops is you were to, say, smoke a joint in the middle of the streets. The cops here have an "out of sight, out of mind" sort of mentality, so really as long as you aren't taking a big bong rip in the stands at a FC Barcelona game, or smoking a fattie in the middle of the street, you're golden.

15. [quote name='"290013"']I am not from Basque Country (up north crazies), but here in Barcelona (by the Mediterranean Sea) , weed isn't considered tabboo, mind you that you WILL get shit from cops is you were to, say, smoke a joint in the middle of the streets. The cops here have an "out of sight, out of mind" sort of mentality, so really as long as you aren't taking a big bong rip in the stands at a FC Barcelona game, or smoking a fattie in the middle of the street, you're golden.[/quote]

Yeah what happens behind closed doors is your business. I once got guardia civil knock on my door because he had never seen a ganja plant as tall as mine before and wanted a closer look. AND he wanted to buy some so I gave him some on the condition he didn't tell his mate down the nick about it. I still keep in touch with him today!!! Doesn't get much more relaxed than that eh B)

16. Guardia Civil are motherfuckers. My father told me story about a friend of his near Valencia in Denia who had 2 plants and the Guardia Civil came and weighed the plants WITH THE DIRT and said hey this is 2 kilos, I dont know if he got fined or a week in jail. But that sucks.

17. damn i really want to goto spain now. how are the bitches?

18. Pretty fine, but I like Miami bitches better, bigger boobs and more provacative clothing :D

19. [quote name='"home wrecker"']damn i really want to goto spain now. how are the bitches?[/quote]

Where I am relies on tourism so fresh birds fly in twice a week. If only I was still single eh :D

20. What I love about spain is that brothels are tolorated and they are a lot cheaper then going to strip club in the usa. Only about 60 euros for a fuck over there. Fine bitches too, russians, latinas, etc.....