Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long does weed stay 'good'?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Jokoman, Jul 19, 2012.

1. If I get from my dealer today, up to how long does it stay good and get my high? One thing I notice in a weed that has been stored for long is that it is not sticky anymore. Does this affect the high that I wil get?

2. If you put it in a mason jar out of the sunlight it can last for months, might get a lil less sticky but it won't lose much potency.

3. What are you storing it in?

4. Get a mason jar, they're like $2. I have some stuff from 6 months ago that's just as good as day 1.

Make sure you store it in a COOL & DRY place. Open it up daily for 2-3 minutes to air it out.

5. even if it dries out it should keep most of its potency. definitely wont taste as good but many people don't care about taste. get a mason jar or some type of airtight container like the others recommended. bud can last for years if stored properly.

6. Mason jar for sure. I keep different strains and have had some for 5-6 months easy. The bud still smokes fine. If you just keep it in a bag or something it will get very brittle, burn faster, and be a lot more harsh.

7. I only keep it in a ziplock is that any good?

8. Maybe this would sound silly can I also keep them inside the grinder? Is it airtight?

9. [quote name='"Jokoman"']I only keep it in a ziplock is that any good?[/quote]

No. Zip lock bags are not air tight, and wtf a grinder? Definitely no on that one.....however a zip lock bag in the fridge, that just might work. You just don't want it to dry out

10. [quote name='"Jokoman"']Maybe this would sound silly can I also keep them inside the grinder? Is it airtight?[/quote]

How long are you planning on saving it for?

11. Cuz when I buy, I buy in bulk cuz I dont want to keep comin back to the source. I buy like good for a month.

12. I usually keep mine in a plastic prescription bottle & inside a few ziplocks. Would mason jar be better & make much difference? Thought the bottle is pretty right but now undecided guessing...

13. Buy a fucking mason jar.

14. I find that statement quite shallow and pedantic :cool:

15. Baby food jars are under a dollar most places. The larger 6 ounce ones can hold almost a half oz.

16. Do you have anything that seals really tight? I don't know how long it will stay good in a zip.

17. Okay so I guess mason jar works best. Thank guys :)

18. Small mason jars can fit over an ounce (depending on how dense the bud is) so definitely shoot to get a mason jar, my man. Air it out for a few minutes each day and your weed will be fine after a month or two of being stored. If you can actually store weed for that long, props to you. I can't have weed for more than a few days without smoking it lol.

19. Yup mason jar for sure. The smaller the better I have a small one that fits up to an oz which is good enough for me. Last me 2-3 weeks. And I also bought a wide mouth thermos and it fits perfect so now it's staying air tight out of the sun and the thermos keeps is cool since I leave my stuff in the car. No lie I've had bud since march in my mason and just recently smoked it since I've been buying grams from different dispensarys haha and it's still as good as before. Not even brittle

20. I've been using those jars that pasta sauce comes in. I figure they're so damn hard to open all the time that they must be pretty air tight :p