DJSID666 AREA 51 Prakasa 90w UFO`s Build and Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by xxxxxxxxxxxx, Jul 18, 2012.

1. i have 24 watt lights that put out 2400 lumens :)

2. I appreciate both comments an I'm looking forward to more against LEDs.
    They have always caused big debates :)

Remember our grows are for us, my consumption is ideal for what will be yielded.

My grow is for me and me only tbh I don't want to yield massive amounts and I know I won't with these so it's perfect for what I want. The last thing I want is jars of bud in the house when I have 3 kids and a mrs to think about.. Reality !!!

If I lived on my own and didn't give a shit I would have installed a 400w hps.

What most people forget is we grow for our own consumption and NOT to make profit... It's a hobby always will be ;)

3. #23 refermadness420, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2012
    what did you pay for your darkroom2 over there? i am getting somthing a tad smaller for $219. just wondering if things are cheaper over there... I just found out that you guys can buy the seeds from a hydro shop there!! :eek: that is so cool... i dont understand how it is illegal then. it is illegal to smoke and stuff right? i mean if they sell seeds for growing weed what is the point of even doing fly overs....

please correct me if i am wrong but if they sell them in stores dont they know that people are growing it to get weed to smoke? am i just really baked or is that fucking dumb..:confused:

is there any reason you order your seeds as apossed to buying them from a hydro shop? :smoke:

4. #24 xxxxxxxxxxxx, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
    Seeds are sold as a souvenir or to keep a certain genetic as stated during order.
    I always use attitude because of the promos and have never been let down..

I paid £36 for my tent yes £36, like my LEDs should have been £249 each but I paid £83.

I love hunting for bargains, it's a cheap set up but expensive bits.
    The cheapest I could find the filter was £37 rather than £59 retail.. So far I've found a decent inline (manrose) for £17 rather than £35 and also 10 litre air pots for £3 rather than £7-£8 each ;)

I use places like price runner and uk hot deals to name a few ;)
    The deals are out there ya just gotta spend the time hunting for em.

Like the nutters in the US who are obsessed with vouchers, doing a $1000 shop for 10 bucks.
    That's a bit intense but things are there to be found.

5. [quote name='"DJSID666"']Seeds are sold as a souvenir or to keep a certain genetic as stated during order.
    I always use attitude because of the promos and have never been let down..

I paid £36 for my tent yes £36, like my LEDs should have been £249 each but I paid £83.

I love hunting for bargains, it's a cheap set up but expensive bits.
    The cheapest I could find the filter was £37 rather than £59 retail.. So far I've found a decent inline (manrose) for £17 rather than £35 and also 10 litre air pots for £3 rather than £7-£8 each ;)

I use places like price runner and uk hot deals to name a few ;)
    The deals are out there ya just gotta spend the time hunting for em.

Like the nutters in the US who are obsessed with vouchers, doing a $1000 shop for 10 bucks.
    That's a bit intense but things are there to be found.[/quote]

Oh so they say its not for growing then...I get it. It seemed deeper than that but then again I vwas chiefed

Damn you do some bargain hunting!! I just found a cheap way to cool my lights I'm using duct boosting fans. Way cheaper than like a vortex and it is basically the same thing...... I'll be getting the 8in ecoplus booster fan it moves 300+(don't remember right now) for about 69$ that a lot less than the Shit they sell at the hydro store

6. Glad to see somebody being smart about putting together a grow :)

I love led grows, there def worth it, they just grow the plant a little bit slower, people are always hating on some kind of light, just a few yrs ago leds were really hated but over the past few years theyve improved ten fold and can compete with any light source.

check out this persons grow:
    Growing Marijuana with LED, Growshow

7. #27 xxxxxxxxxxxx, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
    Cheers mate, Ive seen his grows before its another reason why I went for LEDs.
    Your 100% correct in your statement too they have come a LONG way since the early days,

Someone see`s a ufo and automaticaly makes the asumption its a shit ebay knock off and 9 times out of 10 they have`nt even read up on how leds function in the first place to make a valid point ;)
    Like Growshow says in the link you need the correct nm range and thats what these have.
    I could harp on and on but the haters wont listen or have no interest in them but thats their choice as this is mine :)

:smoke:

8. True that, hopefully your seeds come quick, this should be a nice grow.
    Your main strain sounds pretty interesting, have you had it before?

9. #29 xxxxxxxxxxxx, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
    Nah never grown before they were only released last month.

I venture into another forum UK based and lurk.
    Sweetseeds post on there about whats coming out.

Heres a little run down

This 3rd generation Auto is a result of a cross of a very very special high producing Cream Caramel Auto and distinct aromas of the mandarin.

This special Cream Caramel auto strain was then crossed with their elite Ice Cool to reinforce its citric Mandarin aroma. The cola which this strain produce are big & dense, with plenty of aromatic resin!!

At the end of the flowering period the nugs turn purple with red hues.

Flowering Type: 100% autoflowering
    Indoor Yield: 400-550 g/m2
    Outdoor Yield: 45-170 g/plant
    Flowering Time: 9 weeks from germination.
    Height: 50-110cm

LATE EDIT* they were released April, first grows we're complete last month, think I smoke too much !!!

10. Hopefully they grow to par for you, what nutes are you gonna be using?

11. Only Biobizz Bloom.
    I never feed during veg ever, my soil mix holds up until flowering generally.

John Innes is a good medium when mixed with a decent peat free organic compost.

12. I'm definitely following this with interest subbed

13. Sounds good.

14. That's what's up. I built my box for around $40 at Home Depot, bought the lights on craigslist for around $130 a pop (it shit on me :( ).

The fan's were 15 bucks a pop at walmart

Compared to a 400 Watt hood ballast system, the cost was $250 at a discount (at least that's what i'm told). That isn't to take into account the cost of running the 400 watt system. By running LED's, I can stick two of the lights in there along with my 14 watt panels and barely pull 250 watts.

With both systems running veg and bloom simultaneously, I calculated my costs to be--

$38 for the veg box running at 18/6
    $36 for running the 400 watt lamp at 12/12

that is on top of whatever my electric bill is already going to be.

When I flower, I'll run two clones off the same plants, one in LED one in HID, and i'll track the result.

http://forum.grasscity.com/micro-grows/1075902-jimmytongs-micro-grow-story-trial-error.html

15. Finally made it, subbed!

16. No worries mate,
    Good things come to those who wait :wave:

17. That's true, patience is a virtue ;)

18. So, Mr. 666

any thought on what your going to grow in this set up? new strain? or finish off a strain?

if you have already said, than oops.. lol

19. #39 xxxxxxxxxxxx, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
    New strain like VERY new strain.

Sweetseeds Cream Manderin (released April... 1st grows completed June/July)

Infact they should be delivered today ;)

This 3rd generation Auto is a result of a cross of a very very special high producing Cream Caramel Auto and distinct aromas of the mandarin.

This special Cream Caramel auto strain was then crossed with their elite Ice Cool to reinforce its citric Mandarin aroma. The cola which this strain produce are big & dense, with plenty of aromatic resin!!

At the end of the flowering period the nugs turn purple with red hues.

Flowering Type: 100% autoflowering
    Indoor Yield: 400-550 g/m2
    Outdoor Yield: 45-170 g/plant
    Flowering Time: 9 weeks from germination.
    Height: 50-110cm

20. :hippie::ey:
    sounds aesome!

ps... So what dose "Indoor Yield: 400-550 g/m2"
    like how do i figure wtf i would yield? haha..
    just wondering :smoke: