DJSID666 AREA 51 Prakasa 90w UFO`s Build and Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by xxxxxxxxxxxx, Jul 18, 2012.

1. #1 xxxxxxxxxxxx, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
    Well Ive done a shit load of research,reading and general trolling to come to the conclusion LEDs can produce decent yields if used correctly with the correct nm range on the spectrum.

Without going into too much detail my LEDs are the 5 Spectrum 3rd gen with 3w leds.
    Most current journals/diaries and reviews have mainly been on the older type or tri band...These are superb for veg but come unstuck durning flower.

The new 3rd gen have 3w leds and run a full specrum of light needed to flower.
    The bud Ive grown in the past has always been for myself and the mrs, the same is said for this grow we have around 3-5 joints a day so we dont really go through much so Im not expecting high yields like with a 600w hps but I can gaurantee that I`ll be happy with the harvest. I`d be gratefull with an ounce a plant but obviuosly intend to go past that as much as poss.

Before you start hating do a bit of research on the current leds avallible.

In fairness HID/MH wasnt really an option down to the heat given off .
    I did look at getting a cool tube with a 250 or 400 hps but cant risk the heat source.
    Besides the cost far outways the cost I picked these up for.

Well lets get going shall we !!!

As you can see from this pic I have plenty of room above the ufos to hang the 4" Inline and Rhino Filter.

[​IMG]

My intention is to use 10 litre Air Pots you can see I have plenty of room even though the tents only 60cm across.

[​IMG]

My second UFO is being ordered next week, you can see below I have plenty of room to hang another being only 27cm across.

[​IMG]

I may go down the SoG route, if that becomes the case the pic below shows roughly where the screen will go.
    Yeah that is an original copy of Paul Hardcastle 19 :p

[​IMG]

So as you can see Im almost there,give or take a few weeks,I dont mind the haters hating and the preachers preaching.If you intend to do so get your facts straight and remember these are Prakasa Ufos NOT cheap shit ebay leds that do squatt.

So to round off the above set up it will be as follows.

Secret Jardin DS60 60x60x140
    x2 Prakasa 5 Specrum 90w UFO`s
    4" Pro Rhino Filter
    4" Manrose Inline (Extract)
    x1 125mm pvc elbow (Fresh air intake)
    x2 10 l Air Pots
    John Innes No1 mixed with Peat Free Organic Compost and Perlite
    Bio-Biz Bloom

Heres the spec of the UFO`s for all you tech heads.

Brand: PRAKASA™ LED Configuration: 50 x 3w LEDs Power consumption: 90w Lumens: ≥2700 Lm Lifespan: 50,000 Hours Color: Deep Red / Red / Blue / Orange / White Wavelength: Deep Red: 660nm, 5 leds Red: 630nm, 30 leds Blue: 460nm, 5 leds Orange: 610nm, 5 leds White: 15000-20000K, 5 leds
    Thanks for taking a look, I`ll update as and when necessary :cool:
    All feedback and comments welcome :smoke:

2. Subbing. I expect great things from you! You better not disappoint!

3. #3 xxxxxxxxxxxx, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
    Im gonna do the best I can mate, and prove the haters wrong ;)

4. nice setup! i like the idea of running the two leds! i was going to get the 250watt darkstar led but i went for hps for a few reasons. mainly just because of the penetration hps can bring. I am going to have a bitch of a time cooling it though. where as you will have no heat issues at all. Your plants will be great in there i know it! i got a few questions

Are you only planning on growing autoflowers your last few rounds have been lowryders correct? i was just wondering.

Are you planning on have a perpetual grow. We have basicly the same tent setup other than the lighting lol so i was just wondering if you will being using your pc case to veg or clone small plants then put them in the tent?

also you said only one or two plants at a time right?

5. Yeah I'm only having 2 plants at a time, I don't need more as we don't consume that much and I don't want jars of bud in the house.

If I get caught all I'll get us a slapped wrist and my stuff confiscated, hopefully I won't as no big heat source will be given off.

Anyway the reason I'm running autos first is because I want to get the tent running well before chucking in photos and sog. Yeah my last were Easyryders.

My pc will be put to rest or given to a mate, not sure on that one yet but I only want 2 plants going at any time. This is a hobby for me, it has jack to do with profit in any shape or form :)

6. Well I put my hygrometer in there last night and just been up to check temps. Max was 27 low was 21, still another led to go in and the extract so temps will change but nothing dramatic.. Also ran power up there through the bedroom ceiling..

I'm ready to roll once all the kits in :)

7. #7 BlackWeeds, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2012
    Damn, how are you keeping such good temps mate?

8. [quote name='"BlackWeeds"']Dasmn, how are you keeping such good temps mate?[/quote]

Led puts out very little heat. It's perfect for keeping a low profile.

9. He's right an there's also 3 fans built into each one.
    Virtually no heat and surprisingly quiet when running too.

10. [quote name='"DJSID666"']

He's right an there's also 3 fans built into each one.
    Virtually no heat and surprisingly quiet when running too.[/quote]

I can't believe you found one so cheap!!
    Are you planning on only have one fan now?

11. Yes mate no need for an intake now so that's going to be passive.
    I'll just put a 125mm PVC elbow in the bottom connected to ducting.
    It'll be placed next to an air brick in the loft, the same will be done with the extract...

12. [quote name='"DJSID666"']

Yes mate no need for an intake now so that's going to be passive.
    I'll just put a 125mm PVC elbow in the bottom connected to ducting.
    It'll be placed next to an air brick in the loft, the same will be done with the extract...[/quote]

What is an air brick just wondering

13. #13 xxxxxxxxxxxx, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012

They run under the roof void at the top of the brick work to allow lofts/attics to breath.
    So contant fresh air is ventilated, an ideal place to put my extract and intake ducting ;)

I cant upload pics today for some reason try google :p

Edit* I searched photobucket !!!

[​IMG]

14. Seeds ordered ;)

Sweet Seeds Cream Mandarine Feminized Cannabis Seeds - 03 seeds

FEMINIZED x1 Dinafem Seeds White Widow AUTO (freebie)
    FEMINIZED x2 Dinafem Seeds Blue Widow (freebie)

15. ^^ Nice. I thought about LEDs but wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the money. I guess while i build my contraption I'll watch what you come up with and make the call.

:smoke:

16. AH I see well that's badass..... You have a stealthy loft grow!

17. Cheers Bear,

I picked mine up for £83 !!!
    £150 off retail, I'm looking forward to seeing your new op, :hello:

18. I'm guessing you didn't read the reviews about that lamp?

19. I'm guessing I did or I wouldn't have ordered them..
    It's a 3rd gen with 3w LEDs ... 5 spectrum.. I've also seen a few grows with this lamp and the results are fine for me ;)

But if you know different please inform us !!!

20. if its 90 watts and 2700 lumens, those lights are junk