Why people smoke cigarettes

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBlazer, Jul 17, 2012.

1. I don't honestly i just want to know why people do it cause it's not like weed where people don't just tell you what it does and people KNOW it'll kill you so why do they burn this plant?:confused:

2. it runs in the family usually(genetics). I come from a long line of smokers, probably why I like them so much now.

3. Most people do it because their friends are doing it. Then they usually want more.

4. Are you saying that you smoke cigarettes because your family members do?

5. I'm not even sure where to start bashing this thread. The lack of proper punctuation, the awkward sentence structure, or the inability to capitalize the letter "i". But to answer your question in a simple way people smoke because nicotine is addictive as fuck. Now go back to english class.

6. not at all. I'm saying that because my ancestors smoke + enjoyed tobacco, I am more susceptible to using and becoming addicted.

7. I tried it just to try it. I took one hit, felt horribly light headed and almost fainted. After that I never wanted to touch them again. Yet for some reason when I saw another I wanted it so bad. For the next month of having a cig a day my stomach was in knots all the time from them. Just seriously.. Terrible pain, felt like my lungs were exploding and my stomach was imploding. I still continued to smoke though, that's how bad it gets ya. People continue to smoke cause it's addictive.

8. @Immoliate: Your signature is missing a period at the end.

9. Can you calm down that's all i have to say to you

10. Now that's a real answer to my question :) that's all i wanted

11. #11 Demiurge, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2012
    Because we enjoy the effects of tobacco just like we do weed? It's not some mystery. Asking why we do it is as annoying as people like you telling is it's bad. WE FUCKING KNOW. Why do people drink alcohol? Because it makes them feel good. Why do people eat genetically modified foods? Because it makes them feel good. Why do people skydive?
    .... Get it yet?

FYI. Not everyone smokes because they are addicted. That's just ignorant.

12. There are numerous grammar mistakes in this post. I love irony.

13. I'm not even sure where to start bashing your reply. The brash attack, the pointlessness, or the inability to capitalize the letter "e".

14. You don't need to get so hostile buddy.
    We all know not "EVERYONE" is addicted to nicotine. Yet, we are the majority. YOU ARE THE 1%! :bongin:

15. I smoked and quit and I can tell you that the overwhelming majority of people smoke because they're addicted. I've come across very, very few people that can get away for a cig every few weeks or so. Most of them end up getting addicted.

Tobacco sucks and there's nothing good about it in my opinion.

16. Lol you know it'll kill you...

Maybe if I quit I'll live forever :confused_2:

17. All my cousins (except one) smoked at one point or another. My parents smoked (mom quit when I was like six), but my dad still sneaks them in. It's a bad habit. I don't smoke a pack a day though...more like a cigarette a day unless I'm drinking alcohol.

Weird thing is that I have a group of friends I blaze with and every person smokes cigarettes. It's like: bowl ---> cig ----> repeat

18. I never said no one smoked because they are addicted.

And well on that second thing, hundreds of generations of tobacco smokers would disagree with you.

19. they smoke them because they want to, thats that, i mean it gets annoying when people bash cigs, but are fine with weed and beer. but hey what am i to say. Nothing better than a cancer stick!! lol

20. Hundreds of generations of tobacco smokers also died of cancer.