Why people smoke cigarettes

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBlazer, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Ha. I clicked on this thread while sparking a cig, so I might have at least a partial answer.

1. I smoke because I like smoking. Anything. Weed or cigs, its just fun to it back and enjoy it.

2. Im addicted as fuck and every cig I smoke I love/hate. I wish I would have never started so I never developed a love for them. They will ultimately lead to my premature death, so that's cool to think about while sucking one down...

2. yeah and hundreds of generations have died from alcoholism? not seeing your point, everyone knows the harm your going to get form cigs,weed,alochol but we do it cause we enjoy it. simple as that

3. I used to smoke, and I quite. I know the lines. Most people that smoke 'like it'. Then as soon as they manage to quit they admit they don't like it.

4. Who wants to live to be 80-90 anyways? You're probably doing society a favor. Old people are annoying and dangerous as fuck on the roads.

5. Tell me that when your on your death bed. Its human instinct to want to keep existing.

6. I found that a lot of stoners smoke cigs. It's a shame, I suppose they like the energetic feeling of nicotine after a smoke. Also a good timer between bowls if you're trying to conserve. I know people who smoke only half of a 100. Which I think is okay as long as it doesn't sit around for more than half an hour. Do paranoid stoners smoke cigs to cover smell? I know I used to haha. Now I don't give a fuckkk

7. Hundreds of generations of tobacco smokers also didn't die of cancer lol

8. Then why do people commit suicide?

9. I'd rather die at 70 than mope around watching others live life or possibly take another person's life. Old people don't give a fuck now-a-days, and they have good reason not to. You're practically dead is what I'm trying to get at, it's not like you can do everything that you use to.

10. ahhh okay i get it now lol

11. i have no comment for this lol

12. Well obviously its a small minority who can't find enough reasons to justify living with the pain of there current situation. Id say the level of pain has to be greater than the level of self preservation that person has for them to consider suicide. Do I think that most humans at least have some degree of self preservation? Yes. Otherwise we wouldn't run from someone trying to kill us, or take medication when were sick.

13. Becomes a daily routine after smoking a bong or bowl.

I want to quit, but so does everyone else. Unlike marijuana, cigarettes have addictive properties.

Stories of how people quit are much more interesting than how people started or why they don't quit.

Quitting is for quitters!

14. I didn't really get it till i tried either. It gives you a light high for like 30 seconds, and feels great high.

15. I smoked for 6 yrs and quit cold turkey..glad I got rid of that nasty habit

16. [quote name='"TinTizzy"']I smoked for 6 yrs and quit cold turkey..glad I got rid of that nasty habit[/quote]

Power of wilpower?

17. Tons of people do it because they grew up watching their parents smoke.
    Lots of people say it relieves their stress, but I think weed probably does a better job:D

I think its just another thing people like to do that isn't good for you. Just like drinking too much. Oh well.

18. [quote name='"BYOweed"']

Power of wilpower?[/quote]

Yea it wasn't so bad..the physical addiction is easy it's the mental one that takes a bit to get over..kept going to ash out the car window and didn't have a cig in my hand lol

19. [quote name='"TinTizzy"']

Yea it wasn't so bad..the physical addiction is easy it's the mental one that takes a bit to get over..kept going to ash out the car window and didn't have a cig in my hand lol[/quote]

Haha habit? naw... :p

Congrats on quitting man

20. Weed does do a better job, but it's a lot easier to go out and buy a pack of cigs from a store than wait for my dealer (plus cigs are more affordable on the ole wallet.