Portugal Cannabis Laws??

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by organicN40, Jul 17, 2012.

1. I was thinking of taking a vacation in portugal.

i know it is decriminalized, but i think there are still BIG fines if busted.

I know spain is nearly legal, but how about portugal??

anybody have any solid legal information about the status of 'our lady' there?

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 Creativeshroome, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2012
    ........edit

3. #3 Antibalas, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2012
    Now, I love you guys here and all, but come on! A google search for "portugal drug laws" will leave you with your answer in less than a minute.

"Drug policy of Portugal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia"

"In Portugal, recreational use of cannabis is forbidden by law; also the medicinal use is not yet officially recognized (there are a debate and some law projects in the Portuguese Parliament). Portugal signed all the UN conventions on narcotics and psychotropic to date. With the 2001 decriminalization bill, the consumer is now regarded as a patient and not as a criminal (having the amount usually used for ten days of personal use is not a punishible crime) but repression persists."

4. I can confirm that, and while you don't get a criminal record, you drug use gets archived and you can say goodbye to ever having a career other than cleaning the streets, in Spain I believe there's Cannabis Clubs, if you want my advice, Portugal is definitly not a good country for vacations even in terms of monuments and all that...

PS: I live in Portugal

• Like Like x 1
  5. thanks for info from the country of question. that is what i was looking for, as i have done the google search already and wanted a more 'real world' answer.

thinking the azores looked interesting in particular, just off the coast.

6. You can have a some with you and if you get caught the police doesn´t care really, they say something like... go smoke to the beach. :D

Açores is a nice spot, my mom is from there, but it wont be easy to find herbs there.

Good luck

7. I was born in Açores :D, you might wanna check out Ilha Terceira (I guess Third Island in english?), easily one of the most beautifull: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1ya5e4dglo&hd=1]Ilha Terceira - Açores - 9 de Março 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

And since most islands have the space organization of the Shire it's easier to smoke.

8. ok, so technically it is illegal, but in moderation it is tolerated.

now i have to find some good herb when i arrive.

i guess growers don't advertise in the Azores?

9. If you don't mind smoking hash, it'll be easier to find and much cheaper...

10. If you are not sure to go to Açores or not, come to my town, Cascais, near Lisbon :D

One of the most turistic towns in Portugal, and you will find herb easily
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1

11. just imagine how nice that beach would have looked, had we never come across it. thats actually sickening.

12. so more morrocan hash than local homegrown?

13. Definitely.

14. In reality it looks so much better than the pic, I go everyday to the small beach in the middle, it´s just divine. But you´ve been in Portugal?

15. Depends, there are small cities like "caldas da rainha" which have a great stoner community. As far as i'm concerned, the center near the beach is where you can find weed easily. In the rest of the country you can also find it of course, but there's more abundance of moroccan hash.

The percentage of low quality hash AKA "soap bar" is very low in this country

16. I've been on holiday in portugal a few times (in the last 3 years) so heres my 2p's worth......
    one guy said he had just picked up an oz (maybe more cant remember). Anyway it was over the 10 day limit and he DID get busted and had to go through a load of hassle
    another guy got attacked by a policeman when he didnt put his joint out and continued to sing
    bearing in mind these were locals so maybe they didnt get on with the policemen involved. The portugese are overall very nice people so I would definitely recommend going there....good surf

• Like Like x 1
  17. so basically, it is luck of the draw when and where a cop may hassle me....and i better stay shy of 28 grams on my person at any time.

presumably, getting busted with a joint is nothing, like most the world.

thanks for all the advice and input, it puts things into a better perspective.

18. anychance that any of you know the exact law on cannabis? i found the online pt law site, but it is tricky to navigate without a mastery of the language.

thank you.

19. The article itself? Or how it actually works?

20. i found Diário da Repblica Electrnico, but i cannot find any info on the actual law concerning cannabis. that is what i want. min and max fines for certain ammounts.