Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Keep your ashes!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by GabbaGabbaHey, Jul 17, 2012.

1. So, this thread sparked my stoner curiosity. So, I went into my ashtray, and dumped it out. To my suprise, I had a good two smokable bowls. Not complete ash, but there was a good bit I'm suprised burned. Good night for me :)

2. i throw out half-burned bowls all the time. Never saved them though.

3. I recommend it! I've been out for about 3 weeks. Think my guy got arrested ):

4. Heres a tip, cash your bowls ?

5. why don't you guys just buy some more grass?

holy shit problem solved.

6. I usually do this. If the ash isn't white/gray yet and it's not dust-like, then if you scoop it up into a bowl and hit it until it goes gray/white you'll get a very nice buzz. :smoke:

To those saying this doesn't work, next time you smoke, check your ashes, chances are you'll see there's actually some weed amongst the ashes.

7. ^ this. i only toss my ashes once they're completely burnt out; if there's any bit of green left, i put them in a pill bottle for later use, and (using a bong, at least) i get pretty high.

8. Don't be that guy..

:rolleyes:

9. Before you start talking like you know everything why don't you actually look and see if what you're saying is right? It's not that hard and you might save yourself from looking like an asshole lol. In Oklahoma minors can't buy BIC lighters but every state has different laws.

10. Wanna know what I do?
    Rail the ashes, straight up your nostrils.
    Gets you high as the dickens.

11. [quote name='"LHeezy"']

Before you start talking like you know everything why don't you actually look and see if what you're saying is right? It's not that hard and you might save yourself from looking like an asshole lol. In Oklahoma minors can't buy BIC lighters but every state has different laws.[/quote]

Okay how about in the states that do sell lighters to minors. This just proves there's no butane I'm the got damn lighter

12. [quote name='"GabbaGabbaHey"']

Okay how about in the states that do sell lighters to minors. This just proves there's no butane I'm the got damn lighter[/quote]

do you have a source for the whole "no butane" claim?

i thought it was either Naphtha or Butane and BIC wouldn't use Naphtha or whatever the hell

13. you know whats amazing? The internet.
    Butane is in Bic Lighters. I looked it up on the Bic site. I can't link an exact page because their site is all flash, or html5 or something cool lookin.

As for the real OP, jesus christ this is a retarded idea. if you are saying what u think you are saying. Ash, cannot be smoked and will not get you high. I don't give a fuck if you've done it a million times, you haven't gotten high. Now some people are talking about gathering burnt bud and smoking that (which is NOT what OP said) and this is obviously possible. But if you cash your bowls, there will not be any left over bud. Smoking whats in the ash tray is a dumb idea and will only get you actually high if you did not finish your bowl before you dumped it.

Now can we please stop having this stupidity contest.

14. Yup. Agreed, confirmed, I concur.

The thread title is misleading. You can't smoke ash. You're cashing your bowl too early and there are still bits of smokeable bud left in it, which is what you are getting high off of.

You could just load smaller bowls and have green left over instead of cashing them early and smoking blackened buds. :p

15. #55 As Above So Below, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2012
    Yeah in KS (or at least my local Gas Stations) require you to be 18+ to purchase a lighter. Not like it's a problem since I'm 18+.

OT: I know this won't work. It's just a dumb idea imo. My ash is always pure white and is reallyyy fine, like flour.

I ain't smokin' that shit!

16. I don't see why everyone's shitting on OP here.

Gotta take his side on this one, although it's true that if you smoke your bowl until it's 100% cashed you're obviously not getting anything more from it - most of the time when you clear it out you'll still get some black remains that can be collected and re-used for a time when you're dry. Even if you can afford to have nug at all times it could be useful if you gather up enough, you might be able to make a little bit of hash or vape it for a decent high. It tastes like shit, similar to smoking resin and of course real nugget is far better but I definitely still suggest saving it up.

17. I just don't understand why someone would empty their bowl before it's cashed just to save bits of blackened bud for later, when they could just load smaller bowls and smoke it until it's gone and have more green for later. :p

18. That would probably be a better idea...most people don't want to load little bowls though. I dunno

19. no, you won't, and if you do, you aren't finishing your bowls.

20. I've always done that. I fucking LOVE it when I'm out a bud, and I'm scrounging for bud, then find the bag of leftover ash from your last purchase. Such a good feeling finding bud that you forgot about, not as good as perpetually having an unlimited supply of fat heads, though.