Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can a cop arrest you for?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Koreantoker, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Can a cop arrest you if they caught you saying that you're selling weed but not actually going through with a transaction? Anyone can lie and say that they're selling drugs but is that a crime?

2. Dude if they don't find anything on you they can't do shit.

3. I'm no lawyer but I'm pretty sure it's written somewhere that you have the right not to testify against yourself. So, they might say they have a confession from you but if you had nothing on you and denied it in court I'm pretty sure you're fine. Never talk to pigs even if you're innocent.

4. IDK What country you live in, but here in America there is something known as the 5th amendment. Also in the miranda rights you have the right to remain silent, anything you say or do can be used against you in court.

Only a dumbass would admit guilt to selling weed, they will throw you in jail for something like that.

5. Yeah jizzledfreq is right.

I dont know what pezlet is tring to say . . . but he is wrong. You have the RIGHT to remain silent- but if you don't and confess to shit- you might be busted.

(thats why cops always play the 'your not in alot of trouble right now- be honest with me and i can help you out' card- because after you say shit- they write it down and they are done- no need for evidence.)

6. ...The Fifth Amendment protects witnesses from being forced to incriminate themselves...
    ...The Supreme Court has held that "a witness may have a reasonable fear of prosecution and yet be innocent of any wrongdoing. The privilege serves to protect the innocent who otherwise might be ensnared by ambiguous circumstances...

You're an idiot if you already told them you were dealing, but you can absolutely get out of it with a lawyer as long as you're the only witness against yourself.
    Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

7. No, they have to have a lot of evidence or it could easily get thrown out of court. usually a video of a snitch buying from you and even then they have to find their money when they search your place afterwards to have enough evidence to convict you. You can tell him you killed someone, he can't do anything.

8. #8 sudo toke, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2012
    The whole video is good, but I've linked the relevant portion (3:40 onward).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REJ2RsLp1Kk&feature=relmfu#t=3m40s

This is the whole Flex Your Rights video below. I believe they are backed by the ACLU. I highly, highly recommend any blades not familiar with how to deal with cops take the time to watch the whole thing when you have some time to kill. Seriously good advice from people in the legal system on how to make things easiest on you. It gets kinda hokey sometimes, but still really good info.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4nQ_mFJV4I&feature=relmfu"]Full Video[/ame]

9. Conspiracy to sell drugs and yes

10. #10 will3117, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2012
    Miranda warnings not rights you do not have to be read this warnng...

The Supreme Court held that the admission of an elicited incriminating statement by a suspect not informed of these rights violates the Fifth and the Sixth Amendment right to counsel. Thus in theory, if law enforcement officials decline to offer a Miranda warning to an individual in their custody, they may still interrogate that person and act upon the knowledge gained, but may not use that person's statements to incriminate him or her in a criminal trial. However, in the pragmatic interactions between police and citizens, this is rarely true.

Keep in mind the 5th or 6th amendment do not apply to a voluntarily non solicited statement made while not in custody.

When a publicly made statement is used in court it all boils down to credibility, you the defendant( pot smoker, alleged dealer, accused low life) versus in this case the cop(local hero, first responder,public servant, thin blue line) and in the USA that means you lose 99.9 percent of the time.

So word to the wise just shut the fuck up, cause even if you cant be charged, which you probably cant, your still flagging yourself to the cops as someone to watch in the future.

11. you're innocent until proven guilty in a court of law

12. Why don't you find out for yourself?

13. Incriminating oneself and testifying are completely different; you testify in front of a judge, you can only incriminate yourself if you provide any new evidence of a crime you may have committed. But you can say whatever the fuck you want under the first amendment, it's up to the police and DA to have evidence to charge you with a crime.