My (New England) scrub grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by I Wayne, Jul 16, 2012.

1. [quote name='"I Wayne"']You saw the pic of one of my green house plants? An entire top was eaten off...thats a probably a loss of upwards of a few grams >_< And do you have a grow journal or any threads with your plants in em'?[/quote]

yeah man check out my thread this year

2. #22 I Wayne, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
    It has been pouring here for the last 8 hours or so. I suppose New England is getting the last bit of rain from the hurricane. Anyways, I just went to check on my plants after a long downpour and theyre doing fine.

As of today the pre-flowers are beginning to have the crystal leaves growig out of them! They're about two week into flowering. Only 3-4 more to go!

Here are a few random pics from my lemon skunk and green house AMS strains-

Lemon Skunk-
    [​IMG]

Green House A.M.S-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT: It doesnt look like much of the inner branches have much growing out of them. There are starts of very small pre-flowerings throughout most branches. Is this common? Also does the yellowing of the inner fan leaves look about right? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

3. Hey all. Is it common for the flowering plants to not smell too much? I get a few whiffs when I am walking down my trail to them, but when I put my nose up to the pre flowers/flowers I don't really smell much. Will it 100% increase when it all-out buds? (even though I know it should) Thanks!

4. A few shots of the plants, which are now three weeks into flowering! :smoke:

Attached Files:

5. Nice! My flowers are blooming bigg

6. Hell yeah, you got a link? And I'm curious how much longer until mine are done, I'm thinking 2-4 more weeks.

7. as it flowers the fan leaves will turn yellows. those can be trimmed either now or later either way they don't do much for the plant any more... they have a little juice on them and it's not hurting it so it's a preference thing. I do it for the pictures so people aren't like "dude you have a total Mg deficiency" . You're good. That bud looks nice, keep an eye on the trichromiums.

I'm sure you're answering your own question about the smell every day as it bulges with medicine.

8. As far as the yellowing fan leaves go, with my first grow that happened towards the middle/end of budding. These started turning yellow a few days before they started budding. I suppose all strains are different. Can you recommend a good way to see harvest time, without a scope?

9. [quote name='"I Wayne"']Hell yeah, you got a link? And I'm curious how much longer until mine are done, I'm thinking 2-4 more weeks.[/quote]

Jus go to my name its the gurilla grow

10. My previous posted pics were taken 5 days ago. Can anyone confirm if they look close to done? Its been about 4 weeks for flowering!

11. mid-afternoon, flowering ganja bump

12. hey wayne good to see your hung in there with the bugs and all,,your plants are looking awesome

13. [quote name='"lager88"']hey wayne good to see your hung in there with the bugs and all,,your plants are looking awesome[/quote]

hey thanks man! i just can't tell if one is done, i need a scope. is a good method to wait for the leaves sticking out of the buds to start yellow?

14. Evening bump

15. just wait until the pistils start turning color and receding into bud and fan leaves yellow,,indicas usally around 8-10 weeks,sativas 12+ weeks

16. Speaking of the devil, I'm just about to go back there and possibly chop one plant. It's been a little over 4-5 weeks since flowering. They seem really filled and and I don't want to keep them dragging on through these cold nights..

17. No worries man, they're not gonna finish in 4-5 weeks, probably more 8-9. Temps aren't anywhere near a point of concern I wouldn't think, I've had mine go through a few frosts with no ill effects (though not recommended), still 50+ degrees here at night at coldest.

18. If possible, look at the close-up picture of the cola on the previous journals page. That picture was taken 8 days ago. Can you estimate it from there, to harvest?

EDIT: It's the last set of pictures closer to the bottom. You have to click them to see up close.

19. Nah I can't really say. I usually give them 8 weeks and go from there. idk in my opinion they look to have some sativa traits meaning they would go longer, but at the same time they look to be decently far along so hard to say. 2/3 weeks and you'll probably be pretty close, trichomes are really the most reliable way to tell.