My (New England) scrub grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by I Wayne, Jul 16, 2012.

1. #1 I Wayne, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2012
    During mid-may I planted seven plants, as of right now I have four living strong. I know I'm late on a grow journal, but I figure better late then never!

Here are pictures of my largest plant. This is a lemon skunk feminized plant, which was provided free from Herbies with an order. This plant ended up having some sort of a fungal infection or soil airation issue, which is still undetermined. After transplanting this plant into better soil a few days ago, it began to grow strong again. Over a week ago I ended up cutting the bottom three nodes because I was convinced it was a fungal infection, which scared me it may spread. Within the next day or two I will post pictures of how much stronger the plant has gotten.

EDIT: I'm not going to bother posting my last plant. It is simply a reg and is the smallest out of all of them. It's the size of that water bottle you see in my pictures.

Attached Files:

2. This is my second largest plant, a Green House A.M.S (anti mold strain) which was ordered from Herbies. It is most definitely the best looking plant :)

I am sorry my pictures post sideways. When I pull them up on my computer they come straight up, so if anyone knows the issue I'd appreciate a response.

Attached Files:

3. This is yet another Green House A.M.S. strain. For some reason it will just not grow as large at the previous A.M.S. plant I posted. I also planted it first :confused: However, this plant has filled in the furthest leaf wise :hello:

Attached Files:

4. Some strains grow at different speeds, try too keep watering amounts the same, time of day, etc. Everyone says don't over water your plants, mine are outside and get 12 solid hours a day with a gallon of rain some days with gallon of my special water. Just make sure the soil is always moist about 2-3 inches under top soil, just dig your fingers in and check, ares are near the same age, how old is your ladies?

5. The 3 I posted are all about 2 months and some days old. The second two bundles of pictures are the same strain. Also my plants do get 5 hours of direct sunlight, which is considered a full cycle, and I water them at the same times.

6. Pic #1 - the feminised lemon skunk plant. It recovered from the transplant :] Can anyone confirm if the inner-nodes can still produce buds after cutting off the larger fan leaves?

[​IMG]

Pics #2 & #3 - My smallest feminised Green House A.M.S. plant. After visiting them today I notcied the inner-nodes sprouted out and the plant is really filling in. Can anyone identify if this plant is close to flowering?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pic # 4 - My largest feminised Green House A.M.S. plant. I noticed it has some burn spots on the lower leaves. I believe it is due to me having to water it during the day because of time constraints, ha.

[​IMG]

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for viewing!

7. #7 I Wayne, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2012
    Here is a photo of my 2/4 of my plants (the largest 2). 3/4 of my plants started pre flowering this past week! I've fed them a good amount of nutrients within the last week too. I went to check on them tonight to see if I could find out what was eating at them.

I took a photo of what seems to be slugs on my smallest plant (as shown in the picture). This plant got ripped to shreds over the past 2-3 weeks. Is it possible slugs caused this? I did find trails of some light blue solution on some of my plants.

I know my grow journal isn't 100% but I'm giving it something!

EDIT: 1) The first pic is of my smallest plant. I've kept it around because whatever is biting them seems to go for that one, hahah. The slug is in that picture on the left of the top leave.
    2) The second picture is of my largest Green House A.M.S strain (feminized). It is about 6 feet tall and I have a second one of the strain, but it is smaller (About 4 feet).
    3) The third picture is the feminized Lemon Skunk plant. Don't know much about it, if anyone has advice...received it for free with the purchase of my green house seeds.

Attached Files:

8. Now that it's flowering time, I'm getting a bit more serious with pictures! :D
    Four of my plants are all roughly two weeks into flowering.

Here are my Green House A.M.S. plants, the largest one I've only put one picture up, due to it being the slowest with flowering (it is the last picture). This plant (all but the last picture) has had one of it's bud tips completely eaten off by something, but hey I guess that's the downfall of outdoor growing? I believe it is due to slugs, however I'm not too sure. I've only fed them a bit of miracle grow because I haven't had too many seasons of growing to know what exactly to use, however I've learned about more ferts and such for next year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a picture of the top of the eaten off flowering tip.
    [​IMG]

And here is a picture of the larger Green House, it's about a half week or so behind the previous posted plant.
    [​IMG]

9. Here are a few pictures of my Lemon Skunk plant. Feminized. This plant has come a long way...I've had to transplant it due to a soil issue. It also has had so many bugs and/or slugs eating at it. This plant too has two to three tips of flowering buds eaten off if it, and I'm pretty sure it's due to slugs. I've been putting pennies around my plants, but I don't think it doesn't help too much.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am a bit concerned with the yellowing of larger fan leaves. I understand its natural, but at the same time I feel it is an N deficiency. I had miracle grow on me, which is why I resorted to using it...I figure it's at least something. This is the most furthest along plant...so I can understand yellowing. If anyone has more advice, I'd greatly appreciate that!
    [​IMG]

10. This plant was kind of a dud. It is a regular mid-grade seed, and literally had no leaves on it. It miraculously came out in the end, ended up female, and happened to sprout out a few flowering tops from it! I feel this can compensate for the lost flowering tips on my other plants...hahah. It's maybe two or two and a half feet tall.

[​IMG]

11. Bump. No love?

12. Nice plants. How far into budding are they?

13. About a week and a half. Thanks for viewing! :) And I actually just got back from giving them a few bottles of water

14. nice man you definitely have some quality plants, have you grown before?

also great choices on the strains

15. [quote name='"Mothernature33"']nice man you definitely have some quality plants, have you grown before?

also great choices on the strains[/quote]

yeah the last 3 previous summers aswell. i tried purple muroc (i think it was) feminized last year but it was hard to grow for some reason. also 2 years ago i had a 10 foot tall plant, which my neighbors stole

16. i like the pennies idea!

17. [quote name='"infiniti"']i like the pennies idea![/quote]

It was worth a shot, I can't say for sure if it really helps though. I think putting small cups filled with beer around the plants would be more sufficent. Slugs have been tearing my plants apart!

18. [quote name='"I Wayne"']

It was worth a shot, I can't say for sure if it really helps though. I think putting small cups filled with beer around the plants would be more sufficent. Slugs have been tearing my plants apart![/quote]

me too man, me too

19. You saw the pic of one of my green house plants? An entire top was eaten off...thats a probably a loss of upwards of a few grams >_< And do you have a grow journal or any threads with your plants in em'?