Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help please? possible cure for vitiligo?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by wuidd420, Jul 15, 2012.

1. http://www.cannabis-med.org/data/pdf/2001-01-4_0.pdf

Treatment of Skin Diseases
    Ibn Masawayh (al-Razi 1968, XXI i, p. 124) is the first author who
    refers to the use of hemp in the treatment of pityriasis (ibriya) and
    lichen (hazaz), and suggests that the affected part of the body should
    be washed with the juice from the leaves. In the 11th century AvicennaIndalecio Lozano 67
    (1294 A.H., I, p. 434) recommends oil from the seeds for the same
    purpose. Al-Firuzabadi (1952, I, p. 203) asserts that hemp seeds can
    be used to treat vitiligo (al-bahaq) and leprosy (al-baras).

This pdf says that hemp seeds can be used to treat vitiligo?
    Mine has started getting worse and I was wondering if i should go get some hemp seed oil and start applying to affected areas. Has anyone ever tried to cure vitiligo or other skin diseases with the oil? Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is the only thing I can find on using hemp oil to cure vitiligo.

Did you try this, any update ??

Thanks in advance.

3. that poster seems to have asked a few times, so I don't think so. 

The best to try is a salve or lotion, I would think? I've seen a few suggestions, but no one has reported back on the results :/ 

4. Interesting. My husband has vitiligo on his hands, elbiws and his head. Will definitely give this a try..

5. Vitiligo is an autoimmune disorder where the area loses melatonin, or color pigments. Can happen on skin and hair. I would think u would have to treat internally also.

Sent from my SCH-R740C using Grasscity Forum mobile app