400 watt hps closet grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by skinnybigbuds, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Just some of my set up i'm running the fan for 30 min off for a hour then 30min all day then off at night so i can sleep comes on a hour before light in the morning idk if ill keep it like this or not just trying out different run times right now
    :smoke:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. :wave:
    Looks pro! :metal:That thick one is beautiful well they all are but she's fab...
    If you think you need more light in the center, I take wire and pull the outer limbs out so the light can get to the center, if you want to or you could just trim off the scrawny stuff on the bottom so the energy goes to the top stuff getting light, or you can do both. You have good judgement.;)

3. She is a beauty huh!!!!:D:hello: I had already cut a little off the bottom that wasnt getting light but also tied her down a little more. I think she is gonna love it! I just cant tie her down much more running out of room in there lol. Also went to wally world and got my tea bucket setup i will be feeding them tonight gonna have to do it late night because i figured you would brew this tea 24 hrs like i see everyone else doing but when i checked out the growing tips on there website says brew 12 and fresh tea is the best so i'll pull them out tonight water them a little get some before pics then have to feed the tea at midnight with the green light.:smoke:

4. ;) Yeah if you let that stuff go 20 - 24 hours expect it to go fungal and that stinks:bolt:. They say it has to do with temps but I'm not so sure. Buds love the fungal stuff though. ;) and my nails have never looked better to be honest. Usually when I garden heavy like I am these days my nails are a shredded mess.:eek: I think it's the teas.
    I make my own and I don't even dilute it most of the time but don't make too much or it'll turn stinky quick. I think you can bottle it in milk jugs. I have a fungal tub I have going all the time but it started as bacterial. When I don't use all of the bacterial tea I dump it on the garden, some on house plants or throw it in the fungal mix. I only stir it when I use it because :D that stuff stinks:D
    Do they tell you to add a tablespoon or so of aloe or molasses to it at the end to feed the bacteria? I like the aloe much better but you need to refrigerate it.
    Remember you may not notice immediate results like with chemicals but they are there in 2 or 3 days and you can watch it happen practically..:smoke:

5. :wave: Nope didnt say to add anything other then water. It says to use all within 24 hours, and yeah it already kinda stinks, i could see the froth forming instantly!! :D cant wait for the next few days to see the results !!!!!:smoke: Hope your not working too hard out there!!! Were expecting 110 this upcoming week here and i'm not looking forward to it at all!!!:smoke:

6. [quote name='"skinnybigbuds"']Dead head OG:smoke:[/quote]

Looking great bro! Subbed for sure!

7. Bsp#1 -17th day

[​IMG]

Deadhead Og- day 6

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bsp #2 day 6

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. :wave:If you fed them already or plan to soon they do need it. :poke: Another week and you'll be back peddling again for a deficiency this time:D, but you can see they are just saying "hey look". :D Don't over do it
    and get that yeller crap out of there:p. The stalks are really nice and strong and that is key if you ask me, shows good care and proper environment. Scraggly weak stalks = scraggly buds.:eek:
    :confused_2: Did you mix your own soil and additives or did you buy it?
    What area of the nation are you in? temps wise that is..I'm in the southeast:smoke:

9. I bought i bag of Olivia's planting soil , a bag of organic peat, and a bag of organic compost and mixed probably 60% planting soil 20% peat 20% compost. Is that gonna be ok? I did go ahead and feed them all a half does of 5-1-1 fish emulsion and 0-10-10 morbloom with the tea last night. I do see what you talking about the dh seems not be a dark green as she has been. Obviously i wont feed agian for a bit but in your opinion what do they need more of??? I'm in the midwest the news was saying this upcoming week we could see 108 -110 for highs. It been 104 or so latelty but not looking forward to 110 wow :eek: :smoke:

10. Damn man, everything looks fantastic. Congrats!

11. Did the Olivia's soil have any amendments in it?
    I'm thinking you forgot the blood and bone and greensand...
    if you don't have those in there let me know and I'll tell you what to do.
    Or if I'm not online, do a search some soil mixes and see what they are saying about what you need in there. If Olivia's has ferts or contains nutes you are probably fine as long as the tea is adding bacterias but they may run out of nutes to work on or whatever they do. Watch careful you may need to keep up the emulsions.

12. Olivia's says feeds for full six months...but i do think its running out of nutes the deadhead is a lighter green then when she first started. and i'm getting bottom leave that are yellow and brown and wilting. Bsp#1 seems to be fine but bsp#2 and the dh seem to both be lighter in color then before and having bottom leaves yellow off. I did feed a mix of the two foods i have when i feed the tea should have been 5-11-11 on a half dose, they look a little better today but i think the need more N but dont wanna feed to close together so i'm gonna keep an eye on them. Is there anything you would recommend i get to add to the soil to make it better or just sub with nutes?:smoke:

13. If they say there are nutes, the tea will activate delivery from what I understand. Don't really know why it works, I'm so slammed I usually just want to know "what works":D Just be sure when they need water to give them plenty. Wet them through as before, then add the tea.
    :smoke: I believe they say the chlorine messes with the bacterias so you may want to add aloe to condition it and let it sit first. You can get the Aloe in the laxative department and refrigerate it. That is what is in the 6$ bottles at the fish store. Look on the bottles at the fish store to see how much to use.
    When I am doing things like this I have 5 gallon buckets all over w/clear water and various mixes.:D I just have trouble remembering which is which.
    SO :poke::D Use the emulsions every 4 or 5 days or every other watering @ half dose, if she doesn't look better 3 days after the tea. After you see the effects of the emulsion then decide if you should have used more or less, also when they grow and there is more to them they will need larger doses not so much strength but amount of solution. I also wouldn't alter their tea cause in a day or two you will decide if you need a nute boost or not, when the tea has a chance to do it's thing. Then do the emulsion separate if you can.
    Sometimes I completely water with my teas, well most of the time but if I know it's strong I will only put a quart or so after I water like I do with nutes.
    I made my own soil 3 batches so far since I started and I haven't used any additives except the fish emulsion to the tea now and then at a tablespoon per 5 gal bucket full. I have a lot of plants of all kinds and a garden, so I do a big batch at one time.:eek:
    Also keep in mind different strains will not need the same things. :cool: They may but usually not, just let the plant tell you, just like you are doing. At the end when they yellow up a lot of people panic but it is fine.
    Here in veg growers need to react differently but calmly and not too much of anything too fast or often.
    She may get worse, or she will stall or she will get better. I use 3 day increments. Watch the new growth most.
    Also when there is leaf drop :eek:after something like this, it is a drop that is from before, not today.
    :smoke: They are good and strong and this is nothing that will hurt as you dial in and discover your regimen and what it does.
    :wave::smoke:

14. yeah after the tea i let them dry up a couple day and fed them i feed a half dose to the deadhead and a full dose to the bsp#2 just to see what it would do since they both had a light green color and now the bsp#2 looks great the dead head still hasnt greened up like i want to i'm gonna feed agian this weekend. I think this happened because i told myself i wouldnt feed anymore until i saw them neeeding something. Glad you said something because i thought it was just the hps making them look light but i totally see it now that im looking for it. i will get some pics up this weekend for sure:smoke:

15. It's nothing, you got it down now, knowing what to look for and getting a feel for the plant. The N burn was a major catastrophe. If it had been any of those other posturing nubes over on that page they would have lost it arguing about who was right and why and the plant would have been long dead without them buying or selling something:D.
    You have my utmost admiration for taking direction and saving a plant from a condition that is almost impossible to do. N burn and over watering are to me the two hardest ailments to recover from the treatments are much the same too but depending you may or may not use a fungicide on the over watering during certain stages of flushing. It takes skill and an ability to read a plant. The next step would have been surgery and I have not 1 doubt you would have succeeded.
    note the first plant that died, you can see how fast they go.

:smoke::smoke:

16. Thank you!!!!!:D I try not to think i know it all and learn from others who have more experience as much as i can. I definitely did take note of how fast things can go south.:eek: thats why i didnt want to overdue the deadhead i'm really wanting to baby her, and the bsp i have more seeds of and so i can play a bit. Thats why i fed the bigger younger bsp a half gallon at a full dose and that was tuesday, she looked so much better the next morning and still is looking great, so i fed the deadhead on wed. at 1/2 dose 1/2 gal all this is of the 5-1-1 emulsion. The deadhead hasnt came back to where i want her but i dont wanna give her to much so i plan on waiting to tommorow to she is shes ready for water and feed then. thinking 3/4 dose half gal. i have been trying to find info on this strain and found some grows on roll it up saying that the deadhead is a heavy feeder compared to other OG's and seem to take more nutes. I almost want to feed at a full dose but scared:eek: to ruin my baby!!! So i think slow and steady to get her back to the dark green she should be.:smoke::smoke:

17. If she's a heavy feeder, you can do either of 2 things. You can mix a 1/4 mix and use a quart after every watering and as she gets more root bound and bigger increase the amount you give her. We do that for house plants in the Nursery industry. You can use this mild solution even if it needs water every day. Hopefully you would cut it off all together when she reaches a certain point in flower.
    Or 2 you can do what you are doing and over the next few of waterings and gradually move it up to full doses. As she grows use more amount of solution. Until she is 3 feet just use a quart. Always water really really well first cause if there are dry patches then you will not get the best nute delivery. Let me add too if it hasn't been 3 days you cannot know yet if she needs more. Looking forward to pictures.:wave:

18. Here we go i got a lot of pics so enjoy!!!

Bsp#1 24th day of flower

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. BSP# 2 12th day
    the on i feed a full dose to wed after the tea.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got a little ruff with her but that bud seems to be getting fat faster the there rest makes me wonder ;)

20. Deadhead OG 12th day- feed wed after tea sunday with a 1/2 5-1-1 fish emulsion and 1/2 0-10-10 morebloom seems to need more N to more.

First two pics are after i tied her back agian. rest are from before.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Is she just more yellow on top because its farther for the nutes to go or is it the hps bleaching her shes the one right under the light about 10inch max away from the light.:smoke: