Any Stephen King fanatics out here?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Feelthenoize99, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Both King and Koontz write stories I find interesting.
    Their older books are far better imo.

2. I love Stephen King books! I've been collecting and reading them since I was 10. I am now in my mid 40's.

Rose Madder, Nightmare and Dreamscapes, Thinner, Delores Claiborne are just a few of my fav's! 

3. Read every King book written, needful things and the gunslinger are my fav.

4. #164 jainaG, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2015
    I just finished re-reading Under the Dome. Excellent book. My favorites are the Talisman, Insomnia, Needful Things, Full Dark, No Stars, the Dead Zone, Different Seasons, and Misery

5. The Dark Tower series owns.

6. Roland Deschain is da man!

7. Re-reading the last book in the Tower series now....good times

8. Some of his stories are crap (cujo, night shift). The green mile is the best story he has written so far IMO.

9. Just finished Hearts in Atlantis and was pretty disappointed. He introduced some great horrific Kingian characters (the low men) but then went nowhere with them. I think they might be carry-overs from some other of his books. Are mind-reading Breakers and "low" men in yellow coats with cars that are alive from a different book?

10. #170 grasscoty, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2015
    Some of his stuff is good (The Green Mile, Carrie) but others sucked (Night shift. Cujo). And some books were better than the movies (The Stand).

I heard that he has a haunted maze in his front yard for all the kids to go trick or treating at Halloween.

Loling @ myself...I already answered this post. Time for me to take a break lol....sorry...

11. Starting The Gunslinger tonight, I only have that and The Stand...

Figure I hear great things about The Dark Tower, I read a ton but have never really read King..

Might as well start.

12. The dark tower are some of the greatest books I ever read love my boy Roland Deschain!

13. You're in for a treat

14. I am pumped just finishing up American Gods by - Neil Gaiman.. Super super super amazing book so far. If what I hear about Gunslinger is even half true then it is always praised.

Is it a easy book to read or is it a little tricky, not so much the words being used but the way it written his writing style, haven't read much King.

15. If you can read Gaiman you can read King.

16. Read almost everything by Stephen King when I was younger, university age or thereabouts and loved almost all of the books, couldnt pick a favourite but his more recent stuff just doesnt do it for me anymore

Gaiman is awesome too

17. Gaiman rocks...think my favs are The Graveyard Book and Coraline, personally...i really enjoy good YA fiction, and he is one of the best

on King....the Stand, of course...The Green Mile, which i actually read in 6 parts (they were released originally as a serial, 1 per month for 6 months, still have my original copies)...spent a winter in Iowa living in a basement when Tommyknockers came out, working a nightshift, so i read it in the dark down there, scared the bejeezus out of me!...and i love one of his lesser reads, which was sweet and spooky and lovely, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon..

but...King lost me for a long while following several books that were just...yuck...not scary, just gory and gross...Gerald's Game, Desperation, Dreamcatcher (which i still refer to as the 'ass weasel' book) and for sheer boredom, the ironically titled Insomnia (which is sure to cure it!)

he got me back finally with 11/22/63, which was excellent, tho not his best..read The Dome too, which was good but not great...but at least he is back to his classic style and i can read him again