Any Stephen King fanatics out here?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Feelthenoize99, Jul 12, 2012.

1. i brought IT to school in the seventh grade and finished the whole thing before the year was out.

that book was thee book that got me into reading.

2. Ive always looked up to Steven King. I live near him in Maine, and he definitely creates a great presence in the community. I wish I could have the opportunity to meet him at the grocery store or around town, as some of my friends have done. Hes a selfless man, donates a lot of his money, especially to causes that benefit children who may not be as fortunate as others.

I read dreamcatcher for the first time a couple months ago, and I thought it was terrific. Im about finished with the newer, uncut version of The Stand... Such an epic book. Any suggestions for when I'm done? I'm thinking about the Gunslinger..

3. Pet Sematary!

4. mmmmm.....uncut Stand you say? May have to look at getting it....Ive read that every summer for years :smoking:.....And I would say Gunslinger series, ya for next read...They are all good in different ways...I liked Wolves of Calla and Wizard and Glass the most besides the first

5. You wont regret it if you do! Ive read both, and yeah, the uncut version is a little more drawn out. But it really is a lot more complete of a book and personally I like it better

6. The Stand is my person favorite.

7. Hearts of atlantis
    Or nightmares and dreamscapes

Sent from my iPad using GC Forum

8. We all float down here, Georgie!

9. Beep beep Richie

10. #91 CaliforniaKing, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
    I love Stephen King. I want to read all his books. So far I've read Pet Sematary, Salem's Lot, The Gunslinger, The Stand, and a few of his short stories from Night Shift for a class in High School. The Stand is my favorite so far, and one of my favorite books ever.

I want to read It next!

11. #92 TesseLated, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
    Have read all of the Tower series.

I really tore through a lesser known one, where Roland tells a story that he has heard...Dark Tower: Wind Through the Keyhole. 

The Stand is my all time favorite. Ive read it about 4 times, and will read it this summer again..haha.

Cell was amazing. Thinking about it  makes me want to read it again...I think I will.

'It' scared the shit out of me when I was younger. I would sneak it into class and read it..haha

*lol I just saw where I replied to this a long time ago..

**Cell is being made into a movie...John Cusack the main character...Hope they dont screw it up, like has been done with some of his other stuff...

check it out..due in 2015

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0775440/

12. im currently re-reading the shining to prepare for doctor sleep :)

I used to read his books as soon as I could get my hands on them.  It's been a good ten years since I've read any King novels but I just picked up Doctor Sleep yesterday and I can hardly put it down.  I'll have to check on other books he's written since my hiatus to see what I've missed.

14. I've read 'Desperation' a few times through, one of my favorites

15. SK fan checking in, read most of his books and own many as well. Favourites include The Stand, IT and Pet Semetary. I also loved many of his short stories but can't recall names, other than the Mist which is among my faves.

16. Reading "Needful Things" right now and lovin it!

Fuck yo presents!

17. 'salem's lot is easily my favorite stephen king book. i read it every time we lose power.

18. "The Stand" is my all-time favorite King work.  I've once heard it characterized as a tale of dark Christianity and I can't really disagree with that.  What I love about King are the descriptions of the characters in his twisted stories, he does have a way with words.

i think part of why i like 'salem's lot so well is that a third of the book is simply a description of the town.