Any Stephen King fanatics out here?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Feelthenoize99, Jul 12, 2012.

1. I'm very slowly becoming a fanatic. I've read On Writing, Everything's Eventual, Rage, The Running Man and I'm about a quarter into The Shining.

All I know is I finish one book and immediately start a mental debate over the next one I'm going to buy. Might start The Gunslinger after I finish The Shining, I've had a copy for years yet I've never read past the front cover.

2. Rage was an excellent story in The Bachman Books, as well as The Long Walk:cool:

3. [quote name='"cookiecrisp"']
    Do you have an opinion on what his scariest book is?[/quote]

'Salem's Lot is pretty good too. IT scared the heck out of me as a kid.

4. [quote name='"HighMtnSkier"']

'Salem's Lot is pretty good too. IT scared the heck out of me as a kid.[/quote]

i can't remember what book it was in, but Jerusalem's Lot is a great read. not so much scary as it just gives you this eerie feeling.

5. Cujo mother fuckers! What an epic journey, the film not the book, you can't get that kinda cheese from a book

6. For sure. That is my next audiobook queued up. ever Read Dark Tower 5: The Wolves of the Calla? Brings it all back.

7. Stephen King claims to not remember a thing about writing that book cause he was so fucked on drugs (including alcohol) at the time. Somehow that makes me want to read it even more.

8. [quote name='"Helikaon"']

Stephen King claims to not remember a thing about writing that book cause he was so fucked on drugs (including alcohol) at the time. Somehow that makes me want to read it even more.[/quote]

Really?! Excellent! Its so shit it makes it great! A st Bernard mad with rabies causing chaos what more could ya want!.?

9. Insomniac was pretty good, made me think about life a different way. So did IT actually. And the creepiest thing I read by king was a shortish story called the Langoliers. That was wicked

10. Well it's written in his usual style but I love Pet Sematary. Once you get into the story it's gripping

11. I wanna start reading some King books, which should I start with?

12. In the midst of reading Pet Semetary. Good read so far :smoke:

13. The Jaunt! Amazing! I wish they would make a movie about that one. Then ending was sick.

I got a boner when I saw The Mist. Just like the book.

14. 'The Stand' is one of my favorite books...excellent character development. I re-read it every summer..lol...Have read all but the last Dark Tower series...'Drawing of the Three' was a good one out of that....but they are all good....haha..

Cant wait to get that last one of that series but its huuuge....gonna be about 30 bucks...so will have to wait

I remember liking 'IT' a lot, read that so long ago

15. [quote name='"iMPREPREX"']

The Jaunt! Amazing! I wish they would make a movie about that one. Then ending was sick.

I got a boner when I saw The Mist. Just like the book.[/quote]

YES! the jaunt was an AMAZING story.

one of my favorites from that book.

and i am going to say that the ending to the mist (being different from the story) was still bad ass. loved it.

16. I could never get into his books, but I love the old school (70's and 80's) movie adaptations. The Shining, Cujo, Misery, Stand By Me...

I used to live down the street from him, and knew his son when I was in high school. Weird family :)

17. I'm not sure what short story collection it was from but I really liked the one about the teacher who took a construction job over the summer to bulk up/learn construction so he could make a trap and bury those guys alive in their car

18. [quote name='"Pickle McSmurf"']I'm not sure what short story collection it was from but I really liked the one about the teacher who took a construction job over the summer to bulk up/learn construction so he could make a trap and bury those guys alive in their car[/quote]

i believe that was in The Bachman Books

could be mistaken, but know what you're talking about. excellent story

19. Oh yeah, forgot to mention that. Stephen King was very impressed with the movie ending. And man was it fucked up. Enough to make King smile. :D

20. [quote name='"iMPREPREX"']

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that. Stephen King was very impressed with the movie ending. And man was it fucked up. Enough to make King smile. :D[/quote]

so i have heard haha

i was a BIG fan on how the book ended. but the movie...woah. it blew me outta the water and tugged on them heart strings, especially when...well. i won't ruin it for anybody but...damn