Any Stephen King fanatics out here?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Feelthenoize99, Jul 12, 2012.

1. I love Stephen King. I've read most of his books and there has only been a few I didn't like. His stories can get downright ridiculous and still be interesting and readable.

My favorites are Salem's Lot, the Dark Tower series, Apt Pupil (Different Seasons), and The Tommyknockers.

2. I love King. Hes up there in my top 5 authors

3. Whenever I dont know what to read next. Ill look up a new stepehen king
    *Have you tried The Dome?

4. Haven't read it, but one of my friends and an English teacher I had both recommended it to me... I'll have to check it out!

5. Dean Koontz all day baby.

6. i like his work.....the shining is my favorite

7. I tried to read a book by Dean Koontz... By the Light of the Moon, or something. I couldn't really get into it :(

8. The Tommyknockers, and The Talisman series.

Hands down, my favorites.

9. I love Stephen King

I also love how the books make subtle references to other books by him. Namely the dark tower books.

10. Yo needful things is like his most underrated shit. It's amazing, he kinda fucks with the idea of suburbia

11. Dreamcatcher, Hearts in Atlantis, The Green Mile, The Mist, some of my favourites.

My favourite King short story: Survivor Type. Check that out if you haven't already. (Most of the Skeleton Crew anthology is brilliantly morbid)

12. "It" is my favorite

13. [quote name='"Sam_Spade"']Dreamcatcher, Hearts in Atlantis, The Green Mile, The Mist, some of my favourites.

My favourite King short story: Survivor Type. Check that out if you haven't already. (Most of the Skeleton Crew anthology is brilliantly morbid)[/quote]

Skeleton Crew is down right GENIUS! the jaunt, survivor type, the mist, here there be tygers, word processor of the gods...damn.

and the Bachman series (the long walk, Rage) is just amazing.

favorite books excluding short stories would be IT, Under the Dome (which btw...HAS to be based off the Simpsons movie hahaha) Salems Lot, The Shining.

man, i could go on and on about King and how much a truly admire him as an author

now i have a Kong Boner again. better re-read some Skeleton Crew stories

14. The Mist was an insane movie.

Steven King is crazy.

15. [quote name='"l James l"']The Mist was an insane movie.

Steven King is crazy.[/quote]

the ending to the movie was insane.

i prefer the book ending though, but heard King helped to write the movie ending?

16. the short story The Langoliers was the eeriest King thing I've ever read. And I've read just about all of it lol

17. im a tower junky cant get enough just read the newest marvel comic hard cover that just came out soo f_in gooood:hello:

18. Just bought "cell" waiting to go back to the states so I can read and toke

19. Is that the one where there on a plane? The movie looked awful. Maybe ill try it out tho

20. [quote name='"EEIET"']

Is that the one where there on a plane? The movie looked awful. Maybe ill try it out tho[/quote]

like any movie, it doesn't do the actual story justice. but yes, they are on a plane.

read Rage again a few months ago, no wonder they stopped publication. now that im older and reading that story its like "woah, holy shit!" haha