Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

AVB Brownies.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Menchville, Jul 12, 2012.

1. My last batch of brownies contained:

1 Ounce Already Vaped Bud
    7 Grams of Mid Quality Bud.

They turned out to be very potent for a non smoker, and a very trippy high for myself.

I am considering making another batch before school so I can take back for my buddies on campus, considering the following:

3 Ounces of Already Vaped Bud, with no Mid's or Dank in it.

Do you think that will be good? The vaped material still has potency of the dank it once was, and my uncle leaves it a light green/brown color before storing it away.

:wave:

2. [quote name='"Menchville"']My last batch of brownies contained:

1 Ounce Already Vaped Bud
    7 Grams of Mid Quality Bud.

They turned out to be very potent for a non smoker, and a very trippy high for myself.

I am considering making another batch before school so I can take back for my buddies on campus, considering the following:

3 Ounces of Already Vaped Bud, with no Mid's or Dank in it.

Do you think that will be good? The vaped material still has potency of the dank it once was, and my uncle leaves it a light green/brown color before storing it away.

:wave:[/quote]

Properly vaped weed loses almost all potency, thc, and cannabinoids...

3. Those brownies were very potent the last time I made them, I couldn't imagine a quarter of Mids would do that much.

The vaped weed still has some potency, I have gotten high off of it before, we don't vape it all the way till it's black, just a light brown color so it can be used for potent brownies down the road.

4. [quote name='"BYOweed"']

Properly vaped weed loses almost all potency, thc, and cannabinoids...[/quote]

Whoa whoa whoa...

Somebody needs to do some better research. And im not sure what you mean by "properly vaped". There are still quite a few cannabinoids left on the bud after vaping.

Now depending on the temp at which you vape at, makes the difference in what cannabinoids are leftover. The many different cannabinoids have dofferent flashpoints. Meaning that dif temps release dif cannabinoids into vapor.

Delta 9 thc is roughly 300 while your CBD is up around 380-90 (dont remember exactly).

So if you are vaping at 370, then your bud will have many left over cannabinoids such as CBD and CBN. These produce more of your body high while delta 9, thcv , and the others produce more of a head or cerebral high. These head high producing cannabinoids have flashpoints which are much lower though.

So this is the only deciding factor of effects from abv. There ARE MOST CERTAINLY cannabinoids left over no matter how "properly vaped" your bud is :rolleyes:

So long story short, your brownies may give more of a couch lock than brain blast off, but in the end im sure you'll enjoy :D

5. The last batch gave me a wicked body high, but not much of a head high. Very enjoyable and different!

Thanks!

Rep+

6. [quote name='"BYOweed"']

Properly vaped weed loses almost all potency, thc, and cannabinoids...[/quote]

Nahdud

7. I must vape the fuck out of my weed then. Smoking my vaped bud is like smoking sugary stems, headache and minor buzz.

8. [quote name='"BYOweed"']I must vape the fuck out of my weed then. Smoking my vaped bud is like smoking sugary stems, headache and minor buzz.[/quote]

The color of your herb will tell you this. You could either be vaping your bud at too high of a temp, or just trying to get too many hits out of it. It all depends on personal preferences. I dislike the taste of hits when vaping to a dark brown/almost black.

Typically most people who cook with abv tend to vape until their bud is a gold to light brown color. This makes for a good high from the bud and also leaves some cannabinoids behind for edible processing. Sparing that taste which many dislike :p

9. Ah I see now... Yeah I don't save my vaped weed. Just try to get the most out of it with the vape. I try to use fresh buds for edibles. ;)

10. I just can't resist a good brownie, and a batch sells quite nicely as well. :p

11. Ya got a solid point there :D

12. i use fresh bud for edibles as well, and i prefer it too. but i cant just toss out herb which i know has cannabinoids still!

i tend to use the vaped bud on personal batches only though. unless of course somebody is looking to have more of a couch lock or body high, then ill add the vaped herb.

another great thing is to make hash or capsules, processing vaped bud to make these. then using them at night or on a lazy day when i just want to relax or sleep (this seems to be inevitable on a lazy day while relaxing :p). it also works great for those with sleep troubles. the caps or edibles with vaped bud contain so many CBD's and CBN's that it is sure to put you in that typical stoner position (the couch ;) )

13. [quote name='"jkcole"']

i use fresh bud for edibles as well, and i prefer it too. but i cant just toss out herb which i know has cannabinoids still!

i tend to use the vaped bud on personal batches only though. unless of course somebody is looking to have more of a couch lock or body high, then ill add the vaped herb.

another great thing is to make hash or capsules, processing vaped bud to make these. then using them at night or on a lazy day when i just want to relax or sleep (this seems to be inevitable on a lazy day while relaxing :p). it also works great for those with sleep troubles. the caps or edibles with vaped bud contain so many CBD's and CBN's that it is sure to put you in that typical stoner position (the couch ;) )[/quote]

Not a heavy vaper either (prefer heavy pipes or large bongs)

but, thanks for that info jkcole

14. [quote name='"BYOweed"']

Not a heavy vaper either (prefer heavy pipes or large bongs)

but, thanks for that info jkcole[/quote]

Yeah but storing it in a jar will keep for a while. I figure why not save usable bud rather than pitching it.

And you should look into all the benefits of vaping and edibles for health reasons. There are many, many pluses to them!

I myself used to love ripping the bong all day long and having a fat blunt (or 3 lol). But edibles conserve soooo much more. I can stay "up there" for about 6 hours on the same amount that would get me high for 2 hours by smoking. And it isuch more intense.

But hey, like the motto i go by, to each their own when consuming this great plant.

Glad to be of some help to ya :smoke:

15. [quote name='"jkcole"']

Yeah but storing it in a jar will keep for a while. I figure why not save usable bud rather than pitching it.

And you should look into all the benefits of vaping and edibles for health reasons. There are many, many pluses to them!

I myself used to love ripping the bong all day long and having a fat blunt (or 3 lol). But edibles conserve soooo much more. I can stay "up there" for about 6 hours on the same amount that would get me high for 2 hours by smoking. And it isuch more intense.

But hey, like the motto i go by, to each their own when consuming this great plant.

Glad to be of some help to ya :smoke:[/quote]

Great motto:)

I do love vaping personally, but in a group of friends there's nothing better than taking a huge ass toke out of a huge ass bong and seeing it completely milked followed by clearing it clean. Ah... bong pack now :bolt: