First Grow/Rubbermaid/CFL/Bagseed *PICS/CONSTANT UPDATES*

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by KBnugz, Jul 10, 2012.

1. hey noob questions is the fan blade 4inches? or the whole fan and metal casing is 4inchs? cause i would love to build this but am wondering if there would be a conflict if i use a fan with 5.5" and last question is their a cap on the pvc tub?

2. [quote name='"sangvu"']hey noob questions is the fan blade 4inches? or the whole fan and metal casing is 4inchs? cause i would love to build this but am wondering if there would be a conflict if i use a fan with 5.5" and last question is their a cap on the pvc tub?[/quote]

I got the fan at Walmart, I think the whole thing equals 4 inches, outside diameter. Any size fan you want to use would be fine. I went with 4 because it looks proportionally correct. There is no cap, what you see is the carbon filter sitting inside the PVC. It's a tight fit, so no air is escaping. No smell, no problem : )

3. Ahah I honestly am starting the project as we speak and came to the conclusion I gotta Order the fans online they're "out of season" aha buzzkill but ok the issue I was worried about is if I use say a 5in fan wouldn't the hole be too big for the 5 in PVC?

4. [quote name='"sangvu"']

Ahah I honestly am starting the project as we speak and came to the conclusion I gotta Order the fans online they're "out of season" aha buzzkill but ok the issue I was worried about is if I use say a 5in fan wouldn't the hole be too big for the 5 in PVC?[/quote]

It depends on what the outside diameter of the pvc you're using, 5.5in is great if you can find one. If you can I'd order the fans online and pick up the pvc at homedepot like I did. I used hot glue to deal the pvc/fan to the tote.

5. Ok so I got a 28 gal box and it can fit two or three nicely I ordered the 125 6500k bulb and hood and was thinking adding another 100-125w 2700k bulb would that be too much light ?

6. [quote name='"sangvu"']

Ok so I got a 28 gal box and it can fit two or three nicely I ordered the 125 6500k bulb and hood and was thinking adding another 100-125w 2700k bulb would that be too much light ?[/quote]

There can never be too much light, it all depends on what temps are. Have you done a test run with just one 125w bulb? I have experienced fluctuations with temp regarding different temperature bulbs

7. I ordered the one 6500k for now and will test it out when it comes in I was thinking about adding the 2700k later on I'm new to this and this is pretty much my first set up what did u do to prevent the fluctuation

8. Well there is nothing, the 6500 will be hotter, maybe by like 5-10 degrees. As long as you have your air movement set you should be fine.

9. So my fans, light , and seeds are coming in soon and I'm very excited to try this set up out ! I went ahead and retrofitted my back with a nice rectangle cut out :) I cut a bigger piece of plastic and Velcroed it down so I don't have to take the top off all the time :)

10. Week 8 flowering I cut one down a few days ago.......wasn't at it's full potential. Beginners mistake. Checked the trichomes and it was a 50/50 split of amber and smokey, just didn't get a lot out of it. It's all good though, it is now curing. The other 2, one being a sativa has a long way to go and the other is really packing on weight. Check them out and tell me what you think.

Attached Files:

11. those babies look beautiful. im starting my grow in a couple days as soon as im done germing. question though i might of missed it but did you use any nutes? im using ff ocean forest im only growing a couple plants to keep myself stocked. if you have any advice that would be great.

My setup:
    2 18 gallon sterlite containers stacked and painted with foil tape on bottow and white paint on top. black on the outside

3 23 watt cfl daylight

3 13 watt cfl soft white

ocean forrest for my medium

just need some advice on what else i should get to help me with an ok yield

12. You are definitely going to need air circulation, one intake and at least one exhaust. It heats up pretty good in there if you don't have any ventilation. Get 6500k for vegging and 2700k for flowering, you can use a variation during flowering, but the 2700k color spectrum needs to be dominant to reflect what the sun is producing during fall. Also, you want at least 100w of cfl to grow. I mean you can using what you have but it will take a very long time for it to grow. Rule is 100w per plant, and 50w per plant after the first one. So,1 plant = 100w 2 plants = 150w 3 plants = 200w. Get it? Just a base rule for growing. As for my nutes I barely used any because I grew with Miracle grow, the bag I got was time released (I don't care). When I did use nutes, I used some bloom booster and general flower nutes from miracle grow. Again, didn't care. They took well to the soil and have become very fat and sweet smelling plants, they're happy : )

13. Nice so i can just double my lights i have the y sockets and the outlet to light socket adapters. ill just get a power strip. so if i use some miracle grow i should be ok for a yield that wont suck too bad. ill be putting a USB powered fan inside pointing at the plant for stem strength/circulation once she gets planted

14. Yea but you should invest in at least one more fan, so the air will be pulled in/exhausted. Just cutting holes won't do much, you need some fans to help with the circulation. You feel me? As long as you have fans helping with air circulation, the stems will become strong enough due to the air pressure changing (air blowing through the box)

15. #115 Noobgrowe, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2012
    ill be getting another fan that is just like the first and ill probably get some time of MG which did you use? organic or just reg kind. i was thinking liquid for mine so itll be easier

16. does anyone know where to get the light fixture at with a hood?