Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

why do my eyes get bloddy red when im high but my friends' eyes dont?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by firetyler, Jul 8, 2012.

1. when i smoke my eyes become blood red. the people i smoke with, their eyes dont look red at all. why is that? they go to work high and no one notices, i tried that once and the group i had to work with, they all knew what i did, dude your eyes are red, did u bring eye drops. yeah yeah just put eye drops in. well i just want to know if you guys know why some peoples' eyes get blood shot red while others dont. :smoke:

2. i think it just depends from person too person. most of my friends get mad blood shot eyes when they smoke but i rarely get red eyes at all

3. Its due to your heart rate being imcreased which expands the veins even in your eye.

4. Every aspect of marijuana is different per-person.

I had a friend with similar problems. His eyes would stay blood red even after putting drops in.

5. That must suck. My eyes don't ever change at all, it's my smile that does lol.

6. [quote name='"GreenTheGiant"']Its due to your heart rate being imcreased which expands the veins even in your eye.[/quote]

Marijuana induces black outs when over done because it lowers your blood pressure, soooooooooo...
    No.

Id say your friends tolerance is just higher and rather than getting blazed like you do he only feels a small buzz.. your friend sounds like me haha xD

7. I'm lucky, most of the time my eyes only glaze over..

I can hide my high well if I have to. (;

8. Lmao, I love when people have to talk out of there ass, seriously.

9. #10 austyn12, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2012
    basically the smoke gets in u blood and travels to your eye and your blood vesicles in eyes expand . thats why they call it red eyes because the blood vesicles basically show more . what eye drops do is make them go back to normal.

10. #11 Bunny Wailer, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2012
    I think the correct choice of words is "passing out", I'm pretty sure black outs (also called alcohol-related amnesia) are when you can't remember what happened at ALL, not the lack of fine details associated with marijuana use the night/day before.

Also, marijuana increases heart rate AND lowers blood pressure causing vessels to expand. This is why glaucoma patients (too much pressure in the eye) are able to get recommendations.

11. Haha I feel you 100%. I tend to get the permanent grin that makes it so obvious that I'm high.

12. I thought your eyes got red because of the properties of smoke?

13. [quote name='"GreenTheGiant"']

I dont mean to own you but....

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HighBloodPressure/AboutHighBloodPressure/Blood-Pressure-vs-Heart-Rate_UCM_301804_Article.jsp#mainContent[/quote]

Your heart rate is increased while youre high, but your pressure is lowered because you are a giant muscle and weed relaxes all your muscles including your veins which allows for easier blood flow.

What the fuck does your link have to do with anything i said anyway? I know what heart rate and blood pressure is.. i can share links too
    Google.com
    ^fascinating^

14. The link was about correcting your understanding of the correlation between heart rate and blood pressure. You said...

In response to a post about heart rate, so you were claiming that heart rate directly affects blood pressure.

15. #16 Bunny Wailer, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2012
    You said that the increase heart rate doesn't have anything to do with the red eyes, when in fact, it is a combination of lowered blood pressure and increased heart rate.

In the link:
    "Even though your heart is beating more times a minute, healthy blood vessels dilate (get larger) to allow more blood to flow through more easily"

16. [quote name='"Arthemesic"']

The link was about correcting your understanding of the correlation between heart rate and blood pressure. You said...

In response to a post about heart rate, so you were claiming that heart rate directly affects blood pressure.[/quote]

Thanks for clarifying

17. I love rockin the red eye look haha:smoke:

18. [quote name='"airjordan420"']I thought your eyes got red because of the properties of smoke?[/quote]

That's what I have always thought too.

19. It wouldn't surprise me if people's eyes can get irritated by the smoke and redden, but they definitely get red from the other reasons posted in this thread.