The Atmos Raw

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by PHXFACTOR420, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Wattsup grasscity, im gonna save you all the trouble of spending 180$. If your looking at the atmos raw, DO NOT BUY IT. I looked at numerous reviews and saw many good and many bad.

The atmos raw is an electric pipe, not a vaporizer.

It tastes terrible and it combusts about 98% of the time. Ill maybe get one vaped hit out of every 200. It reeks so if you think it wont smell too much because its a vape, you are incorrect. Besides combusting, it only hits half the time. Its complicated to use, and is not a vaporizer.

Do not buy it. If your looking for a stealthy and good working vape, buy the MFLB (magic flight launch box)

Feel free to comment

2. My friend has it and it seems to work :confused_2:

3. Does it work like a vape? Mine works it just smokes. No vapor, just smoke.

4. well if its a vaporizer that smokes....then obviously something is wrong?

5. Yea i know thats my point ^^^^

6. Yeah, I've heard nothing but bad about the atmos.

7. Ok let me share my knowledge, I own an original Atmos, and two Atmos RAWs. I first bought the original Atmos for use with dispensary thc cartridges, and it was not worth it. I never picked the Atmos up after a month, then they had an adapater to make it burn bud, well I decided to try it so my money would not be wasted, and it was once again wasted. After this I did not touch my Atmos for another 4 months until I found there glass oil chamber for oils, I decided to give it a try and fill it up with honey oil, and see once again if my Atmos would still rot away or finally be useful.

I was shocked, the hits actually started to work well if you chain tapped the atmos button to make hits last longer than 7 seconds to heat the oil a little. That little Atmos got brought with in every vehicle ride because it actually worked very well and lasted over 400 hits, no joke. I still was frustrated that if the Atmos was not fully charged or below 75% battery life that I would need to chain tap the button so it would stay on for 30 seconds to start hitting, and this got frustrating to no end.

about two months later and many more dispensary trips in between we talked to a guy who used the Atmos RAW for the same oil chamber, and he believed it had a better heating element than the original Atmos. My fiancee and I decided to give it a try, and we bought our first Atmos RAW, and we put our oil chamber on it and tried our first hits, and within 7 seconds we were choking on the denses most vapor like, and train hitting smoke we had ever tried from a vaporizer that actually vapes, instead of the normal burning/vaping vaporizers.

Now we both have a personal Atmos RAW and we load it with any type of honey oils in there oil chamber that they offer, and unlike the original Atmos this one only last 200 hits for a full chamber, but that is due to a much more effiecent burn, and preheating is never needed unless you are under 30% battery life.

I hope this helped, and I want to ephasize that the Atmos bud vaporizers are total crap, and a waste of money, but if you want one of the best honey oil stick vaporizers you can find on the market, and the best market price then go grab yourself an Atmos RAW, and buy the glass oil chamber attachment, and throw away or store your bud burning chamber.

Here is the link to the glass chamber
    Oil Attachment | Atmos Technology LLC

8. I just got my Atmos Raw today after replacing the second STOK pen vape in 1 week (do NOT buy this pos). So far it's working real well with budder, produces nice thick clouds. I tried bud in the separate chamber and it seemed it burned it more than vaped, I think the spring packs it down there too much, and the bud is directly on the heating element (they sell 3 glass screens on their website which is supposed to help it not burn), I would suggest taking the spring out, especially if you plan on using budder or full melts, as it will dip into your goods. Overall this piece is probably best for those who use budder or full melts, the poster above seems to like it for oils as well. I wouldn't really suggest it if you plan to use herbs, unless you purchase the glass screens which I haven't tried. If you're in the Denver area, the headshop Blown has these for 170 but they take off 30% if you bring in a can donation so it comes out to like $120 :hello:

9. I heard nothing but good reviews for the SToK vape... hmm

10. Well idk what to tell ya, my first one broke the first day, heating element stopped working, and then the replacement's heating element broke about 5-6 days after that. It seems the heating element coil is just too fragile. My friend bought one also and his heating element gave out about a week after purchase, he got it replaced, so we'll see how long this one lasts. They do work very well, they just don't seem to last. My Atmosraw is still running fine FTR. I will say that the grill gets a bit clogged if you use BHO and it's damn hard to clean.

11. [quote name='"Bongathan"']

Well idk what to tell ya, my first one broke the first day, heating element stopped working, and then the replacement's heating element broke about 5-6 days after that. It seems the heating element coil is just too fragile. My friend bought one also and his heating element gave out about a week after purchase, he got it replaced, so we'll see how long this one lasts. They do work very well, they just don't seem to last. My Atmosraw is still running fine FTR. I will say that the grill gets a bit clogged if you use BHO and it's damn hard to clean.[/quote]

I just purchased the dual kit of the SToK vaporizer and the dab cartridge works well, i put wax/budder into it and it gives consistent, tasty, clean vapor clouds, havent had to charge it in a couple days literally :eek: maybe the place you purchased got a bad batch? I'm very satisfied as a budder/BHO user, and its very sleek design.

12. MFLB is better. Cant go wrong with a quick trench right before class! :hello:

13. [quote name='"Vaperite"']MFLB is better. Cant go wrong with a quick trench right before class! :hello:[/quote]

I second this :smoke:

14. PHXFACTOR420 summed up the atmos raw perfectly and I agree with everything they wrote. Don't waste your time or money on The Atmos Raw. It shouldn't even be talked about under any vaporizer category regardless of how much the company claims it is. I'll get right to the point - regardless of what people say or for the people who claim and swear it's a incredible vape and that I just don't know how to use it because I'm retarded. For those people, be my guest and go buy one and see who the retard is then.

THE TRUTH IS THAT THE ATMOS RAW IS 100% NOT A VAPORIZER AND IS JUST A MARKETING SCAM.

The best way I could describe it would be to think of it as a portable bowl just without the need to use a lighter. If it doesn't combustion your herb (which is does like 95% of the time since your herb sits directly on top of the heating coil) you get a nasty, harsh hit that comes out as if you packed a straight up glass pipe and hit it, smell and all. So your paying for a bowl that doesn't require a lighter but makes your herb taste like crap, burns up the inside every time and there is nothing vapor related about it.

I contacted the company in which they said I was missing a piece which they would send me. What did I get, a $1 glass pipe screen you would put into any glass pipe which did absolutely nothing but make it worse cause now you have to fish out a loose piece of glass that doesn't lock in and slides around. Even if it locked in, putting herb right on a coil will make it combust everytime, it's science.

If your in the lower price range, do yourself a favor and buy a MFLB (magic flight launch box) which is the portable vape I personally use and still think it's one of the best one's if your going portable and it's only like $120 for the whole kit. If your not going portable, then you have many options as far as stand alone vapes go which I will not get into here.

If this post saves even prevents 1 person from wasting their money with the atmos raw, then writing this was worth it. The only other portable vaporizer that I like but is a little pricey at $250 is my PAX PLOOM which is prob my favorite one but at double the price. If your new to the vape scene or just want something that doesn't cost alot and works awesome, you cannot go wrong with the magic flight launch box. I can promise you that.

I am sure PHXFACTOR420 would agree with anything else I might of mentioned about the atmos raw and I am writing this as nice as I can because the atmos is seriously the biggest piece of sh*t right up there with the PuffIT vaporizer which is total trash as well and I would still go with the PuffIT if I HAD to choose one but I hope this helped in someway because I hate seeing people waste money on garbage like I did buying every vaporizer as they came out.

Feel free to ask me about any other ones your interested (doesn't matter if it's portable, a whip one, a hot box etc...) between the ones I own and tried - I am now at well over 20 different vaporizers costing between $99-$600 that I have good experience with and don't mind helping you narrow down one to get based on your needs and preference.

I hope people took what PHXFACTOR420 wrote seriously because it's the truth. Well I hope my post was helpful to at least 1 person and opened their eyes as to not buy the atmos raw (I don't even use the word vaporizer with it since it doesn't produce a 1% and will only produce you with black, smelly and burnt herb that defeats the purpose of portable as you walk around smelling like you hit a pipe and walking around with a roach clip in your pocket lol.

Be easy man,
    peece.

15. :hello::hello::wave::wave::hello::hello:
    :smoking:
    I just got my atmos raw today. From :
    AllstarVape.com Iolite Magic Flight Launch Box and More
    For 89$ free shipping. U read it. Feel free to read again..free!
    I feel bad for all you people getting ripped off so here to help!
    Anyway I got my raw For wax, budder, bho, oils etc.
    NOT FOR HERBS! Never intended on herbs in my raw!
    Well if anyone is reading this and you are (e/cig) friendly!
    You know how to operate, control, (use) a atomizer!
    The quality of this atomizer is crazy! I wish I could put it on my
    Variable voltage joyetechâ„¢ ego c twist 1000mAH battery!
    That would make it even better! I love my atmos raw!
    This~>
    JOYE EGO-C TWIST MANUAL BATTERY - BLACK (1,000MAH)
    All you people buying batteries, mixing parts. Well get this!
    You can't go wrong!
    Another thing so many people in this type of thread and in the
    Community in general getting ripped off!
    Ever need any parts for e/cig stuff. Parts, .. Anything contact :
    Mike & Carol's Internet Store
    Oh one more thing, the oil attachment they are selling all over
    The place. Well I don't know if it is one for 40$ or a pack
    Of 3, well whatever. Again mikeusa.com!
    NEW ITEMS
    Look at all those oil attachments! Find what you like,need!
    CHEAP! Unlike all the assh&$): out there! I can't believe the
    Prices I see sometimes!
    Now i just hope people find this, read it, use it! Oh, &
    Thank me!
    Atmos dab boy 42o in the Krizzle fo shizzle my nizzle!
    Dabs2death!
    Peace y'all ,, I no all y'all gon luv me.. Your welcome!

16. I bought the atmos rx for use with their regular cartomizers. I then bought the dry herbs attachment(atmos raw), knowing that it didnt really work that well as a vaporizer. I just think its kind of cool thing to use for kief hash and dabs. Recently I have been getting prefilled cartridges of great tasting hash oil and I decided that I wanted to do this myself. I had my friend buy me the atmos raw oil attachment at a local headshop, but I was surprised when I saw it. It seems like the attachment only works with a really liquidy substance. All of the hash oil that I have had has been a thick consistency, and it has never been liquidy enough to fill a chamber with ML measurements. What exactly is the atmos raw oil attachment supposed to be used with? Should I mix the hash oil with glycerin and use it with a liquidy tincture? This also makes me curious about the prefilled cartridges that I am getting. I have made and vaporized many tinctures, and these prefilled carts do not taste like tincture. They taste(and get you high) like pure hash oil, but the substance inside seems to be much more liquidy then the hash oil that I am used to. Am I missing something about the consistency of hash oil??
    PS. I probably sound like such a grammatically incorrect and inexperienced newb right now but its just because I am recovering from surgery and I am on huge doses of percocet. I actually know what I am talking about when it comes to marijuana.
    Thanks guys!

17. The atmos raw is not a true vape. However, it works extremely well as an electronic pipe.

18. I am thinking of getting it. How good does it work and with bud does it make it taste nasty as fuck?

19. I like it alot. Its work extremely well, and it tastes fine. But its not a true vape

20. So its just like an e-cigarette does it smell like burnt popcorn like the volcano and other vaporizers? Or just like the bud u r blazing?