Recommend me....

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by robbie d., Aug 6, 2006.

1. Can somebody here recommend me a strain made for outdoor growing with a combo of good yield, type of high, & most of all, forgiving to a novice grower/less than optimized environment. I do however, have a good spot that should easily get 8+ hours of sunlight daily (at least in the summer)

Also would it be too late to plant now? If it is, that's fine, I could wait till spring I just want to get everything in order so I'll know what I'm doing by then.

PS I live in the Northeast United States (Mid-Atlantic, not New England) for those wondering about the climate...

2. I would recommend Stavia Strain. It is a good strain not to demanding. It have a fair yeild It is able to be LST. with good results.
    As far as starting this year. You couldn't plant into the ground, but you could start in pots and have them outside then when it starts getting cold yo will have to bring them in and place them under a grow light.
    If you start next spring. You can plant in April Start your seeds in a cup about 16 ounces in size. Then transplant them about three weeks after they sprout. Hope this helps you.

3. I did S.A.G.E last year. Vegged for 30 days indoors went in the ground May 7. LST 5 times pulled plant Nov 1st (should have stayed in another week) anyways all said and done 19 OZ's. Great strain great smoke (pure Afghani X Big Sur Holly). By
    TH Seeds.

Peace

4. Get an indica dominant strain if your looking for a coughlock narcotic high, a sativa dominant will give you a heady energetic type high, but a strong one. A Hybrid (a mix of the two), will give you a combination of both. A very potent hybrid would be a nice choice =]. There are also ruderalis plants, but ruderalis doesent have much thc, but it flowers based on age, not the light cycle. So you can flower it 24/7 for lots of bud. Hope this helps with your choice. Most seedbanks will list whether a strain is indica, sativa, ruderalis, or a hybrid.

Good Luck!

- Vincent

5. I see... but I don't know of any of those seed sites that deliver to the US.

Could I just take seeds I find from a bag I've bought?

6. BTW... does bagseed look any different than the name-brand strains they sell online for $5+/seed?

Cuz those seeds look like they're about .5cm in diameter, give or take, and they look hard and darker than anything I usually see in my bags. What should I look for to find some seeds in my bag? (I have some headies btw)

Damn I wish I could post pics but I can't find the camera cable. :rolleyes:

7. I would reccomend DR.Chronic. Seeds online were taken from plants that were very well taken care of. They also have stable genetics. Seeds in your bag (otherwise called "bagseed") will grow just like any other seed. However bagseed usually comes from outdoor plants that werent taken care of too well, not as well as online seeds. The bagseed is also produced due to them not removing males from their grow. Which means it may not have stable gentics. Im growing from bagseed, and my plants looking spectactular. Any seeds will work, but if your looking for some potent ass buds, buying online would be a good choice.

PRACTICE WITH BAGSEED BEFORE YOU BUY ONLINE SEEDS

This way you dont mess up and waste your expensive seeds =]

Good Luck to you!

- Vince

8. You find seeds in your headies?

9. I just wish I could find some seeds...

10. No I don't... see above.

I rarely find them in anything I smoke, that's why I don't even know how big or what color they should be!

11. The Doc will ship to the States. Give them a try, you will be impressed!

Grow Safe..

12. buy a 1/2 oz of schwag, take out all the seeds that arent white or cracked, smoke the 1/2 and plant the seeds that are healthy, simple as taht. good luck

13. Eh, but then won't your plants be of shitty quality like the schwag? If I'm gonna grow [outdoors], I might as well get the most potent, productive plant I possibly can, since I have to wait the same time to harvest it, you know?

14. It may not be the most potent pot you've smoked, but it will be more potent than the schwag you bought. If you make sure and grow it well and pull the males so that there aren't any seeds in your pot, the potency is going to be alot better than what you originally bought. There aren't any "bad strains" of pot, just different kinds with different highs and yields.