Having a woman that doesn't work

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by thesavagepony, Jul 5, 2012.

1. "And while the recession may have forced more men to stay home, they didn't necessarily pick up the bulk of the housework or childcare. The New York Times reported that unemployed dads spent about as much time caring for their children as their working counterparts did; the laid-off dads made finding a new job their foremost priority. This state of affairs is probably not unfamiliar to working moms, who have long dealt with the so-called "second shift," in which they come home from their stint in the professional world only to spend just as much time cooking, cleaning and caring for children.

Though change is still in the air, there's no doubt that men and women's roles have become less strictly defined, and many families have made the male and female roles more egalitarian when it comes to jobs, housework and childcare."

Im sure that woman does her fair share of work at home and is entitled to be able to tan and chill. We're still in the middle of a major shift in roles, however while most households require two incomes now because of the way the economy is going to shit and everything is costing a whole hell of a lot more, women are still expected to do all or most of the work at home because its not considered masculine. I think people need to spend less time bitching and nit picking about women these days and take a look at the bigger picture.

Ref: HowStuffWorks "Are men and women's roles in society changing? "

2. A "study" done in the NY times, in the most feminist capital of the world where the people they are focusing on is brain dead New Yorkers in which are living in their own little delusional bubbles..

I would take anything that comes out of NY with a grain of salt.

Feminism is actually causing more harm than good in those aspects.

Another poster said "Open your minds guys. Old fashioned with a twist!" in which its feminism that's causing that. It's basically made housewives obsolete in this generation of men's minds. If you're a woman, feminism is like "you choose" but then they lynch women for choosing to be a housewife.

3. Lol idk what feminists are still fighting for. All women aren't feminists. The idea of housewives shouldn't be thrown out the window just because some women wanted to work in a factory somewhere. Everyone's different.

4. Soooo the New York Times isn't a valid source because New York is the feminist capital of the world? Wheres your reference for this fact? I come to the defence of a woman and is instantly labelled a feminist. :rolleyes:

Can you also tell me how feminism is hurting society? The balance and sharing of the workforce and household roles benefit men to. And people that think day care is ruining your children? Last I checked children interacting with other children more often than less, is beneficial to their development and future.

5. [quote name='"ParaBolTOOL"']And people that think day care is ruining your children? Last I checked children interacting with other children more often than less, is beneficial to their development and future.[/quote]

I'm not disagreeing with you, but this could be achieved at the park with their mother. Or a playdate. Or getting your child involved in something like gymnastics or karate.

I do think it's more stressful putting your child in a daycare these days though. I know my daycare was full of horrible children and bad teachers. And a lot of others but maybe that's just my shitty city lol. You'd probably have to ask around a lot for reviews and things or pay for an expensive daycare if you want your child in the best envirnment. Or just keep them yourself/take them to family.

6. #26 ParaBolTOOL, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2012
    Yeah I would definately be very carefull where I put my kids for the day, gotta be aware of sex offenders and such, not to mention they can be rather hard to come by and are only getting more expensive. If I could afford it I would opt for a nanny instead, someone who I really trusted and hell, it gives someone a job haha! Yeah extra curricular activities are a better option to get them out and involved with others, but I dont think day cares are the devil's play penn people try to make them out to be. I've never heard first hand stories about how it ruined their lives and their relationship with their parents. Otherwise people would be trying to outlaw them like puppymills lol. I personally was never in a day care, but I was kinda jealous of the kids that did.

Parents just need to take it upon themselves to understand what all happens at the day care and teach their children about whats inappropriate and how to respond, whether it be coming from an adult or other kids, and they should be the ones teaching their children values and not to accept a whole lot from the daycare workers, after all its not really school.

7. If this couple is satisfied with their quality of life, and can pay the bills on his income, I don't see anything that is wrong with her not working - as long as she would be willing to pitch in and work if necessary.

8. My mom stayed at home and didnt work. She basically took care of the household and 3 kids.

My dad works ~5 jobs seven days a week and has so for the past 30 years.

If I made enough money to let my wife stay home with the kids, I wouldnt have a problem with it.

9. This thread isn't about critiquing a family's lifestyle, I just wanted to know what you guys thought about this. So, on topic, today I find out a family friend who was a stay at home mom was just abandoned by her husband. Her job was to watch and raise her children.

Her husband had wanted her to get a job yet she did not, and now he walks out on her. Now what can she do? She is screwed in the worst of ways, and less employable than many because she chose to be a stay at home mom.

10. i sure wouldn't complain if i got to stay home and take care of the house and work on my own terms. you can bet i'd treat my husband right if he took care of me like that ;)

edit: but the situation of losing him would suck. like if i had no real world experience. i actually used to work with a 58 year old lady who was forced to get a job after 30+ years of not working because her husband paid for everything. he died and she couldn't keep up with payments with the little insurance and other stuff she got.

11. I didn't say you were a feminist. NY is hella far left. Thats also where most feminism crap is spewed. You basically posted an anti-male thing thats in favor of women. Feminism is illogical and unnecessary in developed countries. But I'm not going to argue about feminism. Since it should of ended decades ago when their original goals were accomplished.

Thats kind of why spousal support/child support exist.

12. #32 ParaBolTOOL, Jul 6, 2012

Thats really what it boils down to though, family style's and people pointing their fingers at those who should be blamed for a family's dysfunctionality. :confused_2: Although that should be punishable by death, adbandoning your family like that. Im sure she can get assistance on getting a job, theres lots of really high paying jobs where you can work out of your home. I would recommend that she look into a transcribing job if shes good at typing, they look more for accuracy than speed since you could be typing up medical records or even just transcripts for tv shows.

13. I don't agree with this. If you've seen some of my "housewife"
    friends your jaw would DROP. I know mine does...then again
    in CO you have a LOT of active people, committed to fitness.

Sorry but if I was a housewife, with no children, then I would
    want to work out with or w/o him. I mean if you expect me to
    clean, cook, and all that...we'll that shouldn't take me all day.
    I would workout for the benefits for myself and the benefit of
    him coming home to a ridiculously hot wife.

;)

Idk, I could be a housewife I suppose, but I think in a way I'd
    always feel guilty. I don't want to children so there's no actual
    reason for me to be at home all day everyday. There's no reason
    to clean all day...everyday. I think I would just get bored, and
    I wouldn't want my partner to resent me. Plus I like the thought
    of contributing to my home financially...I feel like unless you're
    single, it's the right thing to do.

I would probably have to get a job or something...school.
    Something to keep my brain going. I don't want to be a
    housewife with no brain...ok yeah, maybe I couldn't be
    a housewife. Ha.

14. #34 ParaBolTOOL, Jul 6, 2012
    Okay cool, Its only fact after all and its not anti-male sometimes people have to hear whats unflattering so we can evolve. It's just stating that most of the jobs that have been affected by the recession are male dominant, i.e: handy man trades, factories etc while jobs mainly pursued by women are more secure and not only not going any where, but will always be in demand. Yet, most households women are still expected to do the woman role at home to, but Im not saying all households because even my grandpa did most of the cooking and cleaning in his home, hows that for old fashioned. I just would hate for the women that choose to to be housewives or stay-at-home-moms be frowned upon when statistics tell a far worse story.

Although I dont consider myself a feminist, its incorrect to say feminism is illogical and unnecessary cause it runs far deeper than just enabling women to work after world war 2 and since it probably doesnt apply to you. After all, we all need to protect and monitor the progression of our rights at all times or you'll see them fade or be stolen away. There is inequallities that both genders face but... people can do their own research if they are actually interested in understanding all aspects of society that doesnt strictly apply to themselves.

15. [quote name='"DancingVinodini"']

Idk, I could be a housewife I suppose, but I think in a way I'd
    always feel guilty. I don't want to children so there's no actual
    reason for me to be at home all day everyday. There's no reason
    to clean all day...everyday. I think I would just get bored, and
    I wouldn't want my partner to resent me. Plus I like the thought
    of contributing to my home financially...I feel like unless you're
    single, it's the right thing to do.

I would probably have to get a job or something...school.
    Something to keep my brain going. I don't want to be a
    housewife with no brain...ok yeah, maybe I couldn't be
    a housewife. Ha.[/quote]

I would stimulate my mind by debating on gc :p watching jeopardy and reading. Oh and smoking of course. As for bringing in money, I like the ol fashioned "man brings home the bacon." But of course i'd work if we needed it. I don't want a big house or anything fancy though. Except dank and and sexy outfits.

16. How would you know? Do you ever stop taking pictures of yourself for your GC sig long enough to see any real-life women?

17. [quote name='"Ironic"']

How would you know? Do you ever stop taking pictures of yourself for your GC sig long enough to see any real-life women?[/quote]

Haha you leave him and his gorgeous facial structure alone:p

18. Posting a picture of yourself in a sig is like putting a picture of yourself in your wallet.

19. #39 DV, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
    Meh...GC gets old.

After you've been here for a few years it becomes repetitive.

I'm sure there's things to do, I'd probably help with our grow
    and stuff...I'm sure he could keep me busy. Little projects
    and activities here and there.

:p

TBH, though, I wouldn't expect him to provide for absolutely
    everything we have. I want to be able to compliment what he
    shares with me. I guess I just like the thought of being equal.

An actual partner, and not feel like a moocher. I want us to
    experience everything it is we want to and not have to rely
    on a single wallet to do it. We are working towards the same
    goal, not just me living off your coattails. I don't ever want
    to feel like I'm entitled to anything, married or not...

...but you know how old fashioned guys are. :rolleyes:

A relationship should not be filled with dependency, especially
    financially.

I'm just saying, let me dote on you once in awhile and give
    your wallet a break. I'm sure he'd appreciate it. Or he should.

:D :laughing:

20. Yeah, i've seen alot of real-life women. And they've seen alot of me, too :hello: