LED light wattage: what do i need

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Satcom23, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Okay so me and a roomate both have our med licences and were planing to grow. We were each thinking of growing in cabinets/dressors as a kind of stealth. We each planned to grow 4 plants each and have a second cabitnet for the veg stage. We wanted to do a cycle so when the 4 plants flowering we being harvested, the plants that we vegging now were ready for flowering. We plan to use LED setup but I'm not sure what watts or how many lights we need. I work at frys electronics so I get pretty good discounts on the LEDs we have here. Thanks all in advanced.:)

2. not sure what leds frys has but u want the most powerful ones and a good amount of them to give ur plant the most light energy possible

some retail options would be lighthouse hydro hidhut.com or htg supply

also keep in mind that most led panels have 7 to 11 different color leds in them not just red and blue

3. No less than 90w of LED light per plant. Individual LED's need to be 1w or higher.

Not sure if you realize how big 4 mature marijuana plants get. Its not as easy to remain stealthy as you think.

4. #4 lov4led, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2012
    LOL ya B'z ur right on the money 4 plants dont seem to stealthy to me...and ur gunna need a pretty good size dresser check out my grow in my SIG and u can see how big for plants will get in 20 days of veg under 90w ufo(only paid 117$ shipped off ebay) and i added a couple 13w cfls for extra lighting outside of my HotSpot

PS i even had PH problems the first week of growth ..because i didnt have my ph meter til day 4 and i dont think i got to soak my rock-wool at the right PH ....when i got my meter i hurried and calibrated it and check my res its was AT 7.8 :(