marijuana fields travelling

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by orenlebbo, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I want to go and see and taste some great fields of ganja - 'Strain Hunters' style...
    Is there a country in mid-south America where it is easy to do so?

2. i hear theyre pretty friendly of this is in Mexico.

3. I'm not sure, but if you find one be careful. You don't want to end up in one of the cartel's fields ;)

4. no absolutely not. Its very dangerous to see fields in south america.

However it is very easy in the caribbean. Certain hotels that advertise in high times, or online and you can simply talk to local workers at these ganja friendly businesses and they can set up a friendly trip for usually about a hundred dollars. You can go buy your weed direct from the ganja grower. Its a tourist thing that they set up. Still illegal but relatively safe.

If you want to do it cheaper, and on your own think Trinidad and Tobago. A cheap caribbean isle that sees a bit less tourism, but still has the same culture. You can find your own local hook ups fairly easy and a bit cheaper. Still dangerous of course but nowhere near as bad as in Mexico or Guatemala, Colombia, etc. You will get kidnapped for asking questions like that.

It depends how real you wanna get. If you want a semi safe tourist situation ask a bartender at a ganja tourism spot in the caribbean.

If you got the balls and lack of brains to try to make friends with thugs in central america you can see the fields. But you are just as likely to be kidnapped or see blood spattered streets and dead bodies as a marijuana field.

5. Thanks guys :)

6. why are they so aggressive in s. america?

i can understand they may be trying to defend what is theirs, but... that just seems a little overkill if you know what im saying

7. Mur, one of the reasons they are so aggressive about it down there is mainly they worry about DEA raids just as much as we as growers do. i second the caribbean as they are far less aggressive in the manner that for some reason the dea doesnt really mess with the relatively small fields on the islands compared to full scale commercial grows you would find in south america. St. Thomas during the off season is fucking awesome, the people are great, cannabis is very VERY easy to find, the rum is great, and the food is orgasmic.

8. They are aggressive because it comes from a different culture. The islands have a long history of ganja use, and though most islanders aren't rasta they do have some rastas, and some relaxed growers. So many people plant small patches that you can pay to be brought to some farmers back yard a see a patch of weed. Much of their weed industry is based on selling it to tourists.

The islands are extremely dangerous as well, with a lot of rape, but they just aren't as organized as in South America.

In Mexico, and Guatemala, the gangs are well organized, and the idea isn't small patches to sell to tourists. Its mega grows to smuggle into the US.

Of course, you can still find some farmer with a small plot on his property. But in general it is very dangerous to ask about stuff like that.

There still exists areas in Colombia, and Morocco, nepal, india, etc, where you can go see plants, but all of them are basically lawless and you take your life in your own hands. They aren't tourist destinations if you understand me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpE2af3hldo]Marijuana / Cannabis in Colombia - YouTube[/ame]

9. It's not South America but in Nepal you can go visit wild/cultivated ganja fields without anyone caring. I saw a fair few when I went to Nepal, and usually the locals are more than happy to show you.

10. show you maybe...but as with any farmer, one should expect some high velocity rock salt in the ass if caught picking their 'crops' without having permission to be there...;)

11. I was caught rubbing hash in a field (stumbled into it while on a trek) while in Nepal and the owners just laughed and then proceeded to explain their grow seasons and then told me to take what I wanted, and all the guys who showed me had no problem with rubbing hash and taking some buds.

But yeah, i'm sure a lot of people wouldn't be that nice.

12. one of my buddies is from nepal. though i have never been there he used to tell stories about going into the jungle at the base of the mountains and gathering wild cannabis that is on government property. he said as a tourist you could ask just about anyone on the street and they would point you in the right direction.. imo nepal would be a safer place to travel then south america simply because of the fact its not illegal there. i mean hell they have a week long hindu festival dedicated to the growing and use of cannabis in all of its glory. besides you wont find nepalese temple balls in south america ;)

some say its the best hash in the world.

13. ^^^I've never smoked hash in North America but Nepali hash towers head and shoulders above anything i've smoked in Europe, Amsterdam included.

14. i love watching strain hunters...dont really care for the "king of cannabis" but franco and the dreads guy are pretty chill it seems

15. I've been to small grows in Jamaica many times. Don't ask to see anything from the leaches you run into on the street in Montego Bay or Negril, they'll promise you anything then rip you off...or worse.

I've been to Golden Grove, which is south of Ocho Rios in the high mountain area near the coffee plantations. That's where the best weed comes from. If you find someone who you know sells quality weed, chances are they will know where it grows, or grow it themselves.

Be prepared for a long hike up narrow trails that are nearly impassible by motor vehicles. It was a 3hr hike from where we parked the car....on a really rough road.

Offer to pay for the service, chances are you'll find Nirvana....and some fine weed.

16. #16 trippingloner, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2012
    I am planning to visit Nepal in October, around 15th...and do some trekking.
    Couple of questions about wild cannabis in Nepal. (especially Langtang Valley.)

1 - is mid october good harvest time? or too early?
    2 - Strains we may encounter in Langtang Valley.
    3 - from Kathmandu, where is the closest wild cannabis field?

This thread is about mostly about Annapurna
    https://www.opengrow.com/topic/46287-nepali-cannabis-preservation-collection-project/

This collection does not mention anything from Langtang so
    I was bit curious how it is in Syabrubesi etc..

thx in advance!

17. [quote name="samiel" post="15193382" timestamp="1342291190"]Mur, one of the reasons they are so aggressive about it down there is mainly they worry about DEA raids just as much as we as growers do. i second the caribbean as they are far less aggressive in the manner that for some reason the dea doesnt really mess with the relatively small fields on the islands compared to full scale commercial grows you would find in south america. St. Thomas during the off season is fucking awesome, the people are great, cannabis is very VERY easy to find, the rum is great, and the food is orgasmic.[/quote]This is good info, i hope you still come on here as i see this post is from a while ago! Whats it like and is there any other caribbean islands you would recommend, me and the mrs both blaze all the time we can and want a good 2 week holiday but cant pick where out of all the islands! Was thinking aruba, st thomas, puerto rico or st lucia Sent from my spaceship using Grasscity Forum