Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Educated/Smart stoners?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by adriann, Jul 3, 2012.

1. M.Sc. in mechanical engineering, as well as a BA in economics. Finishing up next summer. When I have access, I smoke evry single day. Nothing helps with my studies like weed.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. I've never been conventionally smart by any means, but I basically just decided after smoking for a while that if I was going to be a pothead I needed to be a productive one.
    So since this school year has started I've been at the top of my math class + getting all my work done + being overall awesome.

PSA, IF YOU'RE SMART OR BEING GOOD OR W/E AND TRYING TO GET PEOPLE TO ACCEPT YOUR SMOKING, remind them how well you're doing in life and make them see how positively it has impacted you. Pointing this out to people has really opened some people's minds to it.

3. This isn't me personally, but I'll bring up my father. He is the Yale university scholar of the house 1977. He has two masters in literature and smokes at least every other day. That's pretty cool haha

4. the fact people think a marijuana user cannot be intelligent is attributed to the 'war on drugs'

the image of eggs/brains frying in a pan ring a bell

I do ok

5. There are so many smart stoners out there. I think stoners get that "dumb and lazy" stigma because there are a lot of young people out there who let weed dominate their everyday lives. They constantly like to get high and lose all ambition and motivation because of it.

But it isn't like that for everybody. Me personally, I did very well in high school while having smoked through damn near the whole length of it. I was always told I was an excellent writer and loved to do so. I even managed to land a paid biweekly column in the local newspaper about my experiences as a senior in the brand new high school that had been built. I also have developed some pretty sweet skills in film production as well as playing the drums. I'm not trying to brag here. My point is that these are my passions and I don't let my Cannabis use interfere with my pursuit of those passions. If anything, I let Cannabis aid me in pursuing many things.

When I took up smoking at around 15 years old, it became all I wanted to do for about a year. I did it WAY too much. Enough was enough. It was interfering with too many parts of my life. I vowed to not let that happen from there on out. 

You can smoke how you choose, but the important thing is to not let it affect anything in your life in a negative way.

I can't help but to smile when I'm smoking with someone with a master's degree or even some level of higher education. Don't give us stoners a bad name. With respect, get off the couch and do something with your time. You are capable of anything; never forget that.

6. One semester away from entering pharmacy school. Have a 3.85 gpa. Currently not smoking because I have a drug test for said graduate program in January.
    Weed doesn't affect me positively or negatively. I feel like you're either born a natural learner or you're SOL. Except calculus. That shit sucks and is the work of Satan.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. 3.8 GPA in hight school, 32 on the Act with an early admission to OSU for pre med. Doing pretty good for myself id say, but with this medical career ahead of me, my everyday smoking days will soon be over. Fingers crossed for legaization lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. #88 VeritableHypocrisy, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2014
    I don't get why everybody acts like being able to maintain a decent GPA in our school systems makes them smart. Educated, perhaps, but not necessarily smart. Look at all the college grads on Facebook who still can't differentiate between your and you're, for instance. They can repeat data all they want, but they don't comprehend it. I feel like it shows that they can absorb information, yes. Intelligence isn't the ability to repeat information that's handed out to you. It's being able to prove that the observation you read is true with factual evidence and proper scientific methods. At least from my observations.

I'm a first year high-school drop-out who went back later and got a GED. I scored 90th percentile in 2009, had not studied since '99.

Anyway.. Before I go on a tangent. I smoke for depression and anxiety relief, mainly. It helps with a large number of other medical and mental conditions which I've got as well, but that's for another day. ;o

9. Advanced degrees and international experience in the "security" business.

Those degrees and experiences were earned while on a massive t break.  Could not have done it while smoking regularly.

But now.......well earned.  :)

10. #90 autotester, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2014
    I have a J.D. (law degree, LL.B. for Europeans) and I'm currently completing a Masters of Translation (M.A.) degree. My undergrad was Modern Languages, figured out I like that much better than law, and there's a lot of openings in translation in my country.

I smoke a (one, 1) joint every day. A single gram joint made with decent chronic keeps me high all day if I want to, so sometimes I'll wake and bake, come down, smoke up, come down on a cycle until I sleep on the days I have nothing important to do. Usually I'll split it in two phases, get really blasted, feel it coming down and get really blasted again.

I can only translate stuff well when I'm really high, for some reason it seems to help with cornering the perfect meaning of a word in context then translating it to the best word possible, also with aligning idioms together. Translation is as much rigor and precision than it is creativity, weed helps with the latter. When I was studying law it allowed me to have gotcha!/eureka! moments that were always really awesome to experience.

I also found that rolling them a day beforehand helps as a motivator : I've got a pre-rolled treat all ready and yearning for my lips and a lighter after I've done this shit.

But honestly, mostly I smoke to kick back and have a laugh.

11. #91 sektr, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2014
    I'm a smart stoner, but I am not smart when stoned.

3.7 GPA (slightly above 85 average for the uninitiated) Marketing major, currently operating my own company on the side while handling several other commitments. I am planning to take an MBA afterwards at a top 5 school in Canada, and have begun building a real estate portfolio already and plan to eventually make my entire income from real estate management/development and investments.

I smoke at night before bed or with friends once all my other responsibilities are taken care of. I get too easily distracted and lazy when I smoke to be smoking through the day, not to mention it severely impacts my mental functions.

That being said, oddly enough I have some of my deepest, most intellectual thoughts when stoned and meditating. But if you asked me to write them out or verbalize them coherently I just couldn't.

12. I'm only just getting into university next year, but I have very good understanding of science and mathematics. I find them all too easy, but there's no surprise there since they're only grade 12 level courses. However, I like physics the most since it has the most interesting topics of all science(my opinion).

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I consider myself to be pretty damn smart.

I have an Associates in Psychology, and am taking a year off school to help build a start up financial company.
    Where I run the collections/customer service department. 
    Before I was doing this I was a director of a YMCA Teen center where I worked with special needs children and also normal aged children ranging from middle school to high school seniors. Before my director position at the teen center I worked in various schools with both special needs and regular children.

Been smoking almost everyday since I was 13, I am now 23... wow a whole decade. 
    My brain is just as healthy if not healthier than most people I know.
    I am a rational human being. 
    Responsible.
    Nice.
    Good Hearted.

I do it because I fucking love smoking weed, I love edibles, I love wax.
    As I got older I developed a few medical conditions which marijuana helps with very much so.
    Helps with the allergies, gastritis, stress, bullshit that revolves around us everyday.

You can be productive if you are a pot head........

14. I may not have a complete education as I had to start working fulltime before i could finish highschool, but throughout my life I have maintained very high test scores in all subjects. Despite putting in zero effort, my brain has always been like a sponge, I read or get taught something and it sticks in my brain. I like to spend my free time researching lots of different things though, so I still learn some things. I think part of my intelligence comes from the insane amount of reading I did as a child. By fifth grade I was assessed at a college reading level, and as a child i would read for hours everyday, i had to move on to young adult novels because the chapter books for kids my age, I would read those in a single sitting. In 6th grade I read the whole Harry Potter series in 5 days one summer. Sadly reading is something I almost never do anymore. As for my smoking habits, I don't smoke large quantities exactly but I usually try to get high at least once a day.

15. Graduated highschool in the top 10 of my class with 4.0 gpa. Always took all honors classes and also took ap calc and ap English. I usually start almost every day with a packed bowl or a fat joint.

16. Currently working full time and  studying Law (UK) on the side,  wanting to become a Solicitor. Oh the irony! 

Just because I want to practice law, doesn't mean to say I agree with it. 

I smoke, because I enjoy the relaxing feeling I get after a hard day of work and when I've finished my studies. It just puts in me in a place where I don't need to think anymore. I can just sit and take in what's around me. 

17. Sorry to bump an old thread, but I am just getting back into the GC community after having left for a very long time.

I started smoking regularly during my senior year of HS and got almost all A's for the first time ever.  Classes were actually interesting when I was high, and it showed with my grades.

I am now going to college for a Bachelors in Molecular Biology.  I have been out of HS for 4 years (I made the unwise choice of joining the military), but I still managed to get a 3.5 GPA my first semester.  This is quite an accomplishment for me because I had to basically re-learn all the fundamentals of algebra, trigonometry, calculus in order to pass my Calculus class.  I did all of this while vaping around 3 times a week. 

I have to kind of echo what I read earlier about how cannabis can be a beautiful thing for a curious and genuine mind/soul.  I feel like if somebody is unmotivated, and generally immature, cannabis is probably not going to facilitate very much success in their life.  However, if one is naturally a "life-long learner", cannabis can be a beautiful tool which can peak curiosity for certain subjects which may otherwise seem dull.  One of my favorite things to do while high is go on khanacademy or some other educational website and just learn something awesome.  I rarely feel the urge to do that when I'm sober.  

Furthermore, whenever I vape, I am naturally drawn to healthy life choices.  I always feel like exercising when I'm high.  If I'm am high and I am sitting at the computer for too long, I will get restless and need to move around, which is a good thing!  There are tons of studies that show how bad sitting for prolonged periods of time is for the human body.  Humans are supposed to be active.  While I'm high, I am in tune with my body and recognize this.  Also, I almost never binge out on junk food while high, instead I am drawn towards healthier "clean" food.  When I am sober, I will eat chips and fast food, but when I'm high I fully recognize that I should not be giving my body this junk.  

I think if a person is generally mature and responsible to begin with, cannabis is a wonderful and life enhancing drug.

Toke on, brothers and sisters!  

18. I finished up my bachelor's degree earlier this year. Smoked for the last 2 years of my studies and wrote some of my best papers while high. 

I can honestly say that pot made some of my classes much more interesting! 

19. #99 Predaliendog, Jan 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2015
    I'm a college drop out as of last semester. However I am also 20 years old and have lived on my own in Colorado, three states away from any relatives, in my own 2 bedroom Apartment for 2 years now. I'll be moving into a 4 bedroom, 2600 Sq ft house next month when my lease ends however. I'm also purchasing my first rental property, a duplex, in the next few months. I'm aiming to retire by 35 at the latest. I was working to put myself through school, through no illegal means, and decided last semester to focus solely on what I do and will do to build wealth.
    I don't regret it a bit so far.

That being said, I will return to school later in life. After building a satisfying number of assets, i plan to finish at the least a master's in Economics. This subject is a passion of mine, and will also aid in my political aspirations.

I started smoking at 15. I now vaporize/dab on a daily basis, it calms the nerves at the end of the day while also being able to jump start my brain at 5 am for the day. Successful stoners are a reality, we can be evidence of that or support propaganda. It's our choice.

20. Doing my Bcs in Computer Science. Smoke because it's the way I prefer to live my life ^^ Helps me to concentrate with my ADHD, as in I can sit down and do work for longer than 5 min :D