Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Educated/Smart stoners?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by adriann, Jul 3, 2012.

1. I'm a junior in college working on a psychology degree. I also work part time :) I've been smoking since I got to college. I've had dips in my grades at times where I put smoking and going out before things like homework. But that was immaturity, not smoking. But now I'm doing really well. I'm proud of how far I've come. So here's to my junior year! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #62 CherCherried, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
    During the semesters I work part time. Double major in computer science and applied math, minor in digital arts.
    I just started vaping every day, but during the semesters I actually smoke to relieve stress...which could be bad I know, but it helped tons. I'm involved in a lot of clubs on campus so I have some weeks that I'm going nuts.

3. major in mechanical science and becoming a diesel engineer, already hired also(;

4. I am a dual major in the arts and civil engineering and I have also taken 4 semesters worth of honors classes to boost my chances of transferring to a prestige or highly accredited engineering school. My arts degree will come into play later on in life when I make the transition into becoming a historian whenever I get tired of engineering. I truly love history but I also happen to understand mathematics and physics rather well so I can't let my talents go to waste when I have the potential to enter a field of study that will help me secure myself financially for a lifetime. I will never stop going to college most likely as I have too many interests to pursue. I have also been a musician virtually my entire life and in my spare time I will continue to play in metal bands and travel to play shows or do studio work.

Now to answer some of OP's questions. I smoke daily from the time I get out of bed until I am back in bed at the end of the day. I like to think I am a stoned scholar and that cannabis helps me with my studies by keeping me focused and calming me down enough to focus on one thing at a time (I have a very multifaceted mind). Ohh... I also use cannabis as a reward system for doing my work or studying extra. Sometimes I just don't want to study after taking on a huge paper or some advanced mathematics however that all changes after I smoke a bowl; the bud refreshes my mind and allows me to once again become intrigued by my studies at a level that I just cannot seem to reach without some cannabis. 

5. I like to think in fairly educated. I'm working on a BA in PoliSci, and I'm about to leave to go study abroad in Finland this coming year.

I smoke probably .5 a day to take the edge off after work. I started smoking initially to get to sleep though

Happy toking!

6. #66 sektr, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014

Out of people I know around my age:

Myself - Bachelor of Commerce student with a 3.5 GPA (and climbing, recovering from my first year and a half of slacking off and averaging A's/A+'s, on track for a 3.8-4.0 by graduation), with plans to pursue an MBA and Law degree afterwards. Also involved in student union, volunteer work and a fraternity. My smoking fluctuates from a couple times a day to once or twice a week depending.

Old dealer of mine - Bach. of Science double majoring in Biochem and Physics with a 3.7 GPA, one of the heads of his fraternity, and a competitive swimmer

Friend from high school - This guy is a mystery, to me. He studies engineering, maintaining a 4.0 GPA (of 4.3 possible). Sounds possible, except this kid goes to class stoned out of his mind and doodles instead of taking notes, communicates like a bit of a thug and dumbass, and just generally doesn't come across as smart. He has averaged 90+ in all his classes since high school freshman year.

Older people:

My dad - One of the most accomplished lawyers in the country, ton of community service, real estate business on the side, etc. etc. Has smoked since he was 20. Used to smoke several times a week, has rolled it back to once or twice a month as he got older and started to struggle with depression.

Literally all of my dad's 5 closest friends - Owner of an insurance company, financial advisor, CEO of a multi-billion dollar business, owner of a huge real estate development company, and professor, respectively. The CEO, financial advisor, real estate guy and insurance company owner have all been multiple times a day smokers for 30+ years.

Anyone who says you can't be a stoner and be intelligent is a dumbass.

7. #67 TheDudeist, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
    Starting school(college)in a few weeks. I just got out of the military after three years and a deployment to Afghanistan. Going to school to be a Surgical Tech. (The guy that hands the tools to the surgeon)

I smoke every morning normally from my easy one hitter. It keeps me calm and helps me manage my anger and anxiety issues.

8. Professor at a small school somewhere in the U.S. Such a great job to fit my lifestyle. The hours, the summers, and the fact that I can goof off almost whenever are/is? (high) awesome

9. Just finished getting a MA about a year ago. About one more year away from a PhD. I teach undergrads at one of the largest universities in the US. A few of my colleagues -- those whom I trust the most -- know that I smoke, but none of them smoke themselves (or if they do, they're much more secretive about it than I am).

I honestly don't smoke all THAT much. I'm fairly antisocial (except when I'm high, but hey, can't be high all the time!) and I don't network well, so it's hard to find a steady supplier who is discreet and not a flake. That's why I try to space it out as much as I can -- gotta make it last, because it may not be easy for me to find a new batch!

10. A good amount of people smoke and are still bright. Currently I have my associates in business management, taking classes currently for my bachelors of science in Business Administration: Human Resources. I also work full time as a Restaurant General Manager. I smoke 1-1.5 grams a day it helps me relax and focus on what I need to get done.

11. My favorite type of education is learning more about the world we live in. Different cultures, animals, music, science or basically anything that raises a question. I think its fascinating how cannabis unlocks parts of our brain to make us curious and want to learn about things. Some of the smartest people ive met have been stoners. Cheers :smoking:

12. I bailed out of school when I was like 14 (I'm 24 now).

I'm currently at college doing the basics like Maths and English qualifications. 

Think I want to pursue a career in IT eventually although I'm not completely sure.

13. I double major at a major university in Anthropology and Psychology with a 3.22 gpa. Yeah I go hard in the paint, I know lol jk but seriously, I used to be so overwhelmed by school work but when I started smoking bud Ive been able to crush it. Gods Gift and Grape Ape (or Grape God if you can find it) are the best for study sessions btw!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. #74 Dony, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2014
    Currently i'm in college, Pursuing my pharmacy degree which is a total of 6 years if you count pharmacy school. I want to be a pharmacist because they pay hella money and im into drugs soo why not plus pharmacist is a well respected career in the medical field. I smoke once in a while when I have the free time. I love college because there are new dealers everywhere lol.

In this forum its good to see Stoners prospering in education. Let's kill the " All Stoners are bums" sterotypes

15. #75 metallicamaniac, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2014
    I'm not really formally educated in anything (not including HS), however I did score a 32 comp on the ACT (27 in the math portion without a working calculator 😣). I didn't study really at all either.

I'm not too smart, but I'm very intelligent 😉. I just make terrible life choices haha. I dropped out of college after like a month because I HATE school.

16. I have knowledge of a lot of different things because I like to learn. I don't count much of my education to count towards my intelligence, as the public school system tends to tell you what to think, not how to think (also verified by past and present district teachers and tutors). College tends to be different as you are learning things you will probably need, although I'm sure this differs by major.

I smoke anywhere between 3 and 7 days per week, usually just once a day, the majority of time being at night.

I smoke because it calms me down but also because I learn well while high, and it gives me an appetite which I usually lack.

17. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411330847.905276.jpg

Middle fingers up, if you don't give a fuck

18. I graduated from high school

Omega369

19. 3-4 times a week! I'm on my last year of high school with an above 80% average and I'm going into buisness admin

20. high school education, 4 years of college, easily 50,000$ in certifications and all of it while getting high. as many of the blades have posted before, it isn't getting high that is the problem, lack of motivation and or direction is. i also think maturity has a play here as well but honestly i have seen many people pass or fail at a lot of what life throws at them based not on getting high or doing drugs, but how their family supports them. i had very little structure in my life and not only did it hold me back for many years but it had an adverse reaction to my maturity level. basically i was a little shit who didn't give a fuck about any one or any thing. all the while i smoked dank and things didn't get better or worse, they just stayed the same.

if anything i feel bud had mellowed me out and kept me from doing even more ridiculous shit. because even when i wasn't smoking bud, i was still just as fucked up, still doing the shit that people blame smoking bud on. that is what i mean by all of this, it is the person, not the marijuana that has the problems. in a way it is just like saying guns kill people and are the problem, not people and their decision to commit the crime and use the weapon to do it.