Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

does smoking cannabis at night affects our next day waking schedule?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Psychedelicme, Jul 2, 2012.

1. ok.. i've been smoking since my high school :smoke: , no problems till now! i love the herb.. but i personally feel that if i smoke just before going to bed. the next day, i juzz wake up late, i feel so lethargic after waking up. :confused: ! is it only wid me??? or there are others too??
    share some info guys!!

2. Are you smoking mids? If anything weed helps me get to sleep earlier so I can wake up at a decent hour.

3. Well it doesn't happen to me so its gotta be you

4. i'm from india guys, here we only smoke charas,malana cream etc

5. we call it a weed hang over lol . depends on how high u get, ive woken up high from the night before.. maybe i do to many drugs though

6. probably because you stay up extra late to smoke you will obviously be more exhausted in the morning because the lack of sleep.

7. #7 Psychedelicme, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2012
    yeah... i know its weed hangover.. n may be from others drugs too..

8. Well that's you being burnt out. You probably aren't getting a good nights sleep or something. Just smoke like a little earlier in the day before going to bed so you're less stoned while about to sleep.

9. I'd edit that before you get an infraction :(

10. ya, may be i'm not getting enough sleep

11. i'm having some changes in my sleep pattern..

12. sorry dude :(
    it'll neva happen again :)

13. Haha I see you're new here. The talking about other drugs is highly forbidden here and can result in a permanent ban.

14. ;) now i'll be careful

15. if I smoke before I go to bed, i will have a very good night sleep, but I will sleep like 3 to 4 hours longer then I normal do.

16. I am always more tired the day after smoking if I dont get at least 8 hours of sleep. Its not just you OP, I've talked about this with friends and it's definitely a common side effect of the good herb

17. theres going to sleep...

and just straight out passing out lol

only one of those is going to feel good in the morning...being burnt out is good...but being totally fried and going under as soon as your head hits the pillow...

going to be up on the wrong side of the bread

18. At least its not that bad compared to alcohol....

19. It's known as a "weed hangover"and can be even worse with edibles. Cannabis increases your sleep requirements so you'll have to either go to bed earlier or get up later. Taking breaks helps too as repeated use intensifies this effect.

20. Smoking weed at all makes you more tired because you do not receive REM sleep. The deepest and most important sleep cycle. This is why daily tokers are often exhausted