Beginner - Attic Grow Room - Questions

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Green Gun, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Very nice additions there GG....you just couldn't hold off until the 420 promo eh? I haven't tried opening my Blue Dream pack or I'd be a little more help to you. The pineapple express.....that from G-13 labs? They seam to do that, I've really liked their beans that I've sprouted at least! You do your usual no insurance split order?

2. #1302 Green Gun, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014

Hey Hort! Nah I couldn't hold off till 420. And it's a great promo. Although the one I got was pretty good too. I'll miss out on a total of 4 beans. But this deal had a true (supposedly) medicinal strain Shark Shock CBD with high CBD levels. By splitting my $100 order into 2 $50 orders, I got 2 of these beans. I know someone who is desperate to try them so we are going to give it a go. So with shipping, it was a combined total of $130. I paid $2 for the "candy" option with no insurance. Both arrived safely to middle America. It took a total of 12 days.

3 Green Crack
    5 Holy Grail
    1 Chemdog
    12 freebies (6 per order) Dinafem for the most part.

Yea PE is G13. I agree, everything I've grown from them have been good. My SD/WW strain is from them.

I had a Blue Dream Haze seed that never popped. It was from cali connection though lol..

3. #1303 Hortila, Apr 17, 2014
    Ah then good grab on that DNA promo, was looking at that the other day! Looks like you got a pick and mix (single) of Chemdog? Any reason why you grabbed another HGK? Thought you still had her going.

I just thought to myself after posting, attitude for the longest time had a video on how HSO makes those wood packs. I never watched it but I'd assume there would be some info on opening them.

4. I remember that video. I'll have to go back and find it.

I foolishly let the HGK expire to make way for something new. An uproar from my peeps happened and so now I'm bringing it back in for the long haul.

I needed like another $10 purchase to get to the $50 mark for the freebies and thought Chemdog why not :smoke:

5. #1305 Green Gun, Apr 17, 2014
    One Exacto knife later..

Beautiful wooden boxes, but serious fail on the logistics. I could have sliced my hand about 12 times opening this lol..

[​IMG]

Have I mentioned that I'm only feeding once a week now with these gun bucket set ups? I run a Florakleen flush through once in veg and once in flower to clean up left over salts, etc. The plants seem to be reacting very well overall.  Damn I'm so lazy. 

6. if you can afford to be lazy while keeping a beautiful proper garden you're doing it right! I always find myself tweaking and adjusting things. I wish id gotten a flushing agent when I was still all coco. If that had solved my problems, or if id got it at the beginning who knows where id be now haha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Gun bucket set up.....I've got to Google this!

I should start a seperate thread to really flesh this out on a bigger scale. I think Ive about mastered the cheapest grow possible without sacrificing quality and yeild. And only feeding once every 7-8 days is off the charts.  A 3gal hempy bucket will grow an equal size plant as from a 5gal soil bucket.  The only downside is stem support during flower. In perlite there is not much support until you slam a tomato cage on it then boom off to the races :metal:
    I would challenge the Blades around here to attempt one grow using my modified hempy technique. Same yield, less $$$ and sacrifices nothing. 1lb per light using no O2 is not chicken scratch. 

9. #1309 Hortila, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    Shit, you've peaked my interest!!! 1lb per light.....we talking 4 plants under a 1k? Make sure to get that thread going Pestola Verde!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile

Im trying my best to be lazy but sometimes my garden is a slave driver (mostly around trim time). 

Don't they make flushing agents for coco?

11. Maybe I should try a flushing agent? I always just add water to flush, but if you are saying that its beneficial to try a FloraKleen or something along those lines, I'll give it a whirl. 

I've had some pretty good luck with stacking pots.. The one on bottom is all perlite and the one on top is a coco/perlite 50/50 mix. That way you still get the perlite root zone and the stem support from the coco. Has been working great for the LA Confidential that I'm doin it with. :smoke:

Because I rely on the trays/reservoirs so much, I have a lot of salt build-up left over in my trays when the water recedes. Once during veg, and at the end of my flush, I use a spoon to scrape out as much of the salt build up as I can from the outer exposed rim inside of the tray. Then I use 5ml/gal Florakleen towards the end of veg (my second to last feeding in veg), and then 10ml/gal at flush.

During those days where I was killing leaves one after the other, this was one of the remedies I used to save them.

Lastly, I do not use a bunch of this. Usually, when I water, my trays are filled to the top. With the Florakleen, I use less water. The trays barely show any water. About 4 solo cups worth of water. This has a job to do, I dont need it lingering :ey:

Cool man, thanks for the info! Did the flushing agents mess with the ph of the water at all? :confused_2:

I used to have a lot of salt build up happen on the outside of the Smart Pots that I use.. I was watering every 3rd day or so and hitting them really hard, so there was lots of water that came through into its tray that the plant would eventually wick up. 

Well, now I water about every day in flower and every other day in veg and I use half the amount that I would before.. Keeps the pots nice and moist with no time to dry out, but I hardly get any runoff that the plants have to sit in.. no more big salt rings on the pots either. Still pulling 10oz plants, so I cant really be sure the runoff is totally necessary. 

Watering every day is the definition of a slave to the garden, but its hard to argue the results. :)

14. Water every day that is a work out :smoke:

I'm not sure of the ph, I don't check it after mixing. 5.8 going in is all I know..

If you keep it wet, you may not see the salt rings...but the salt is still there yes?

"Still pulling 10oz plants"

That's what Im talking about. Don't mess wit it if it aint broken :ey: 

15. Hello GG,
    Looks good in here dude ,
    Keep some of the K buds Jared up for at least two months and you'll love it ;)

miđdy

Oy 2 months. The vultures around here make it hard to hold on to anything for too long heh..

I'll have a good bit of K this next round, I'll set back a jar and get that cure.

I'm harvesting my SD/WW scrog last night and today. Scissor hash ftw :metal:

17. I must of had over 10 grams of scissor hash from a large crop of jack herrer last year, I do like a nice "snake in the grass" joint :blink:

miđdy

I don't think Ive smoked that much yet :smoking:

Question for all:

I have a 1000 and 600 watt light. My rotation is thus: When my plants or scrog comes out of the veg room and into the flower room I put them under the 1000w bulb for 30 days. After 30 days, I move them under the 600w light to make room for the newest batch from veg. And repeat.

So the first half of the flower room time is under the 1000w, the second half under the 600w.

Should I reverse this? I was figuring the 1000watter is best for all the intial stretching and bud formation. Am I wrong? Should the 1000watter be used for the second half when the buds are fattening up?

19. I think the way you're doing it now is better. But I bet it wouldn't hurt your yield much to try it the other way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. Hey Gang, been slacking lately, trying to catch up.
    GG, I would try the opposite. I usually veg under my 400W then move to the 600 for the full bloom cycle. One of the reasonings behind this is before stretch, the plants occupy a smaller footprint, so a smaller wattage light will maintain the same watts / sq.ft. over a smaller area. After the stretch you have a bigger area to cover, plus post-stretch is when the REAL weight gain starts. Up to that point they are just building infrastructure to grow buds. So I think the greater amount of light will cover the bigger area of the post-stretch plants, plus give you better finished weight AND density of the buds as they fatten and finish. Try it and see if your yield goes up; it should.

BTW, I need some help from everyone. After this post I'm gonna hijack a couple of frames of your thread to put up a couple of pic's of my party tent project. There's something wrong with my plant....