Not your usual drugs test question

Discussion in 'General' started by FanBoy, Aug 3, 2006.

1. I keep reading on here about people needing to pass drug tests. Is this an American thing? I am from the UK, and I have never heard of anyone taking a drugs test. The only place I have heard of a drug test happening is if you join the army/navy etc random drug tests are administered. Who is forcing all you people to take drug tests!

Just curious.

Peace,

2. work...parrol, probation. schools. army/navy. companies

3. big part of commerce and industry work forces over here, lootttssss of employers in higher paygrade jobs drug test at start of employment at least, and alot do random intermittent shit

4. I cant help but laugh - maybe I just havn't come across it in the UK but the thought of "Congratulations, we'd like to offer you the job. Now please pee into this plastic cup" makes me giggle :D Seems weird though that a lot of companies do it - do they *all* look down on cannabis, or are most of them testing for harder drugs such as coke, heroine etc? And what are the ramifications of a positive test from a company? Is it simply a matter of not getting the job, or do they pass the information on to the police?

Peace.

5. They are looking for any drug and if you test positive your fired or atleast thats the standard.

6. they're probably more worried about harder drugs, but if you test positive for THC, you won't get the job (99.9% of the time). They don't pass the results to the cops (I don't think they legally can). I've never had a job where they drug test, but alot of major companies do. be glad you don't live here, the UK seems alot more logical

7. They test for about all drugs u can think of from Bud to coke, they seem to care to much on what people do in there own time even if they are one of the hardest workers there..... but if u work hard and do drugs and they catch you... well then see ya later time to find a new job... a example is my dad hes one of the hardest workers at his job but he gets tested so he cant smoke in his off time and all he does is maybe have a bowl after work to relax and one to go to bed but with his new job he cant even smoke the crop thats coming up which is BS

8. well this may be an embarrassing moment for me and my geography, but...

there was an article in my paper this morning about british schools (elem-high) in faversham, england drug testing students. causing quite an uproar.

it's not just an american thing. it's popular with obtaining a job and being on probation after breaking a law.

9. Actually drug tests are pretty general, they don't test that many different drugs. The standard drug test is as follows:

1. cannabis
    2. cocaine
    3. amphetamines
    4. opiates (heroin, morphine, opium, codeine)
    5. phencyclidine (pcp)

I don't know about you but I can think of tons of drugs that aren't listed under here :) Of course there's expanded drug tests but those cost more money and most places use the standard urine test.

10. when i was on probation i got blood tests and tested for everything but then again.... piss tests are pretty easy to pass if u know what ur doing

11. Hey there,

It confused me at first, too; whereabouts are you? I'm UK-based, too..

12. Amazing the differences 2 countries can have eh?

I dunno if its the fact they dont want someone working who could be high and not able to work properly (or atleast as far as their concerned) or if you get seriously injured and have to go the hospital where they may need to give you stuff and need to know what drugs your on

I know my bosses insurance wont cover me if I get hurt on the job and end up in the hospital and will end up with him getting fucked

Basically it comes down to your boss losing money if your hurt on the job because he dident take the right steps in making sure he dident hire a pot head

13. in the U.S. there is the right to give anybody in any extercricular activities a drug test because they are participating in something... so if ur on the honor roll u can have a drug test and kicked from school for using... just watch it if u play sports or do anything that is school related

14. It could be that or they see drug use as a weakness and they think you aren't as qualified for the job as someone who is clean, dunno.

15. Does zanex(sp?) fall under any of those?

16. I'm pretty sure it doesn't but I am not 100% possitive. I know vicodin isn't in standard tests, it's only in special ones that cost a lot more money to test. Most perscription drugs aren't so my guess is no.

17. Xanax (is how you spell it i think) isn't on the standard drug test but it is possible that you could be tested for it, along with ecstacy, barbiturates (lol), hydrocodone (vicodin), and methadone. So there is a chance but nothing to be too paranoid about.

18. Xanex is a prescription drug right?

If so would it be illegal if they found xanex in my system even if I said I thought it was a tylenol? and would i get fired?

I havent taken xanex yet but im going to and have a friend who may try it with me but his line of work all has hair folicle tests and he cant have stuff like that in his hair

:smoking:

19. I'm not 100% sure about this but if you use xanax once I don't think it will be in your hair. For it to show up possitive on a DT you have to take huge doses, probably more than once. If you just do it once or twice I highly doubt it will show up in his hair or your urine. Can anyone clearify this?

And even if it did show up in his hair the test might not even include xanax, and unless you do it all the time your chances of getting caught are very very slim.

Xanax is a benzodiazepine, along with valium and klonopin. If there's anyway to find out if this type of drug is included in the DT then you will know for sure if it's being tested or not. I'm not sure if they are allowed to tell you that or what.