Whats the ideal pot size for growing outdoors ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HighABDG, Jun 30, 2012.

1. what size pot is ideal for growing outdoors ?

2. [quote name='"HighABDG"']what size pot is ideal for growing outdoors ?[/quote]

5-10 gallon.

A 5 gallon bucket can grow a 5' plant easily

3. thanks man ive had people on here telling to go with atleast 20 gallon pots

4. #4 BYOweed, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2012
    [quote name='"HighABDG"']thanks man ive had people on here telling to go with atleast 20 gallon pots[/quote]

That's a really large container. Guerilla grow container is more like it. If you want a very large plant I'd go with a 15 gallon container at max. Anything more and IMO you might as well be experimenting with how large you can grow your plant and it seems like a waste of soil. You'd need at least three 1.5 cubic ft of FFOF to be able to use one 20 gallon container... ridiculous

5. bigger the bucket , the bigger the harvest

6. what i'd say is dig a 5 gallon hole in the ground fill it will some fox farm ocean forest and plant your seed in that

7. [quote name='"BYOweed"']

That's a really large container. Guerilla grow container is more like it. If you want a very large plant I'd go with a 15 gallon container at max. Anything more and IMO you might as well be experimenting with how large you can grow your plant and it seems like a waste of soil. You'd need at least three 1.5 cubic ft of FFOF to be able to use one 20 gallon container... ridiculous[/quote]

Growing a plant in a 5 gallon bucket will result in a scrawny plant that yields a couple ounces at best. The plant may be 5 ft but it will be as narrow as the bucket!

This is what you get with a big 20 gallon + container. A plant that will yield AT LEAST an lb. growing a plant and not shooting for the best is ridiculous to me.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. [quote name='"BYOweed"']

You'd need at least three 1.5 cubic ft of FFOF to be able to use one 20 gallon container... ridiculous[/quote]

Not if the circumference is only 1 inch:p

#winning

9. [quote name='"ImBurnt"']

Not if the circumference is only 1 inch:p

#winning[/quote]

Ha well still a waste of soil imo. You could have two smaller containers with less soil and have a better yield imo

10. Outside?

25 gal minimum
    65 gal ideal
    100 gal monster (harder to maintain)

11. [quote name='"Gnomepunter"']Outside?

25 gal minimum
    65 gal ideal
    100 gal monster (harder to maintain)[/quote]

Holy fuck. Waste of soil.

12. It doesnt work that way. One big container will be able to yield more than two small. I've grown little plants in little containers and they yield a fraction of what a big plant will yield.

13. #13 mjmama25, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2012
    Dude you don't know what your talking about! Using huge containers and getting massive yields isn't a waste of soil. Its $10-20 to fill a large container with soil. That will buy you what....a gram of weed? You will yield ounces more with big containers. Its 100% worth it in every way. If you don't have the experience growing in these size containers you really shouldn't be offering any advise on this thread at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. #14 BYOweed, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2012
    [quote name='"mjmama25"']
    Dude you don't know what your talking about! Using huge containers and getting massive yields isn't a waste of soil. Its $10-20 to fill a large container with soil. That will buy you what....a gram of weed? You will yield ounces more with bug containers. Its 100% worth it in every way. If you don't have the experience growing in these size containers you really shouldn't be offering any advise on this thread at all.[/quote]

Do me a favor and take the stick out of your ass. annnnnnd thank you.
    I'm an indoor grower yes, but no one was replying. Atleast I replied so you could correct me. Either way he should understand now.

Look into 30 gallon camo grow bags.
    After researching it seems like a great size and security option.

BYOweed...You can be helpful without disrespecting other members.....take it down a notch.

Chunk

15. When you comment like...

You invite comments like the one you got. Noone has a stick up their ass, they just happen to have experience you admit you lack. We are trying to help people, if you don't know what you are talking about it is best not to confuse the issue. Reality is, anything short of a 65 and you are definately limiting your production, by ounces and pounds.

16. Like I said replies may not have happened as quickly. I apologize to the op. But, not everyone outside is trying for a tree btw.

17. [quote name='"Gnomepunter"']When you comment like...

You invite comments like the one you got. Noone has a stick up their ass, they just happen to have experience you admit you lack. We are trying to help people, if you don't know what you are talking about it is best not to confuse the issue. Reality is, anything short of a 65 and you are definately limiting your production, by ounces and pounds.[/quote]

Thank you sweet gmone. I've always loved gnomes and now I know why. ;)

18. where could i find containers that size because i seem to only find 20 gallon pots and how much would they be ?

19. Amazon, htgsupply maybe. Just go to google shopping and google what your looking for and it'll give you some nice name brand pots/bags for cheap

20. Dude this guy is just starting his growth ... If you plant early in feb/march then you can use bigger pots ..planting now you should be good with a 10 gallon....