Dreams Reveal Mental Blocks For Law Of Attraction

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by TheJourney, Jun 27, 2012.

1. #1 TheJourney, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012
    For a while now, I have been investigating the principles of reality, which has in large part led me to and centered around the idea of our consciousness being the creator of our own reality. I refer to this as 'Law Of Attraction' in my thread title, as this is the most popular phrase related the basic principle. I worked this out in great detail, both logically and in terms of spiritual evidence. Throughout all of this time, I saw great progressions in my level of consciousness or spiritual progression, and during times of high consciousness there have been various tangible occurences in my reality which confirmed the essence of my ideas.

The experiences were always very significant and synchronistic, and it always lent itself to the idea that there were no limits, but it eventually cycled through to me remaining in the same fundamental 'reality,' along with my consciousness 'coming down.' The lack of what someone would consider tangible long-term effects to my reality in past experiences, combined with the lack of significant experiences at all for the time where my consciousness hasn't been so high, has led me to...be less passionate about the idea. It still has made sense to me logically, and I still have the memory of many previous experiences that seemingly confirmed it, but I have been having some 'confusion.'

Recently , I have began attempting to do real work with lucid dreaming, which I have always had some natural talent with. Through this work, I have begun to make some real progression with my lucid dreaming ability, in various ways. Through the process of my lucid dreaming, however, I have discovered some things. The issues that I have in real life, the complaints I have about the way things are in my life that I don't like, also apply in my dreams. Things I don't like about my life regularly appear, and are somewhat difficult to get rid of. Things I want but don't have are difficult to manifest properly. Seeing as how my dreams are most certainly my own creation, the fact that I have the same blocks in my dreams as I have in my reality is telling.

2. is the law of attraction basically positive thoughts lead to positive result and likewise for negative? or is it more complex?

3. ive been realizing the same. makes sense why dreams seem so real..like our limiting beliefs are affecting us in both places/realms/whatever..
    sort of sucks when you wake up and your dream affects the beginning of your day
    at the same time keeping a dream journal is helping these issues come to light
    making our progress all the more speedy

4. #4 TheJourney, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012
    That's a simplified form of it, but true enough as a starting point. Really its deeper than what we consider 'thoughts,' into the realm of fundamental beliefs/feelings/attitudes. All of our thoughts have basic viewpoints behind them, assumptions, and these attract the various things of our realities. The reality of it is very deep and complex, but the fundamentals are good enough to begin working with.

5. Yes, being conscious of the dreams are interesting, because I realize how I can have a bad dream, and then I will wake up in a bad mood, just as if what had happened in the dream had happened in real life. Similarly, if I have a good dream, I wake up in a good mood. I see how this probably effects everyone like this, and is probably a major factor in people's moods, that they are simply unconscious of.

Also, as I've been developing techniques for consciousness-development through lucid dreaming, I have noticed an interesting phenomena during a couple of lucid dreams I have had that marked significant progression in my lucid dreaming abilities/experiences. When I would wake up, I would feel this incredibly intense energy. In this book I'm reading, 'The Art Of Dreaming' by Carlos Castaneda, he talks about how 'dreaming'(using dreams for consciousness-purposes, briefly) is really a perfecting of the energy body. I found that interesting, since I have definitely noted an incredibly intense energy upon awaking from lucid dreams where I accomplished certain things.

6. hence, waking up on the wrong side of the bed hah

just thinking out loud: so the thoughts are not what changes reality, they are just thoughts. once you believe the thoughts, thats when results happen. because the thoughts are just words to describe an idea, or way of thinking. they came after you were born, and so you are the observer of the thoughts. the results come when you put your belief in them, because this changes the way you act and perceive, which in turn changes your reality.

7. pretty much, it all comes down to how you choose to internalize/interpret everything

about a week ago i had a lucid dream where a character told me

'what is it that you measure this room with?'

that sentence was bugging me out for a while, but i think it meant, under what frame/perspective/lens am i choosing to see reality

if somebody else interprets it differently let me know, curious what it would mean to others

8. I'm curious, was your consciousness temporarily raised in your waking life or in your dreams? And what prompted this temporary rise in consciousness?

9. I have to thank you, because i read one of your post on 'law of attraction' long time ago, it it really opened a lot of doors for me.

10. i had a lucid dream the other morning where the majority of the colors i saw in the dream that stood out to me, were symbolic of things that happened in my real life. The colors i saw were colors i saw in those situations. Where the colors were located in my dream had no significance..but the colors themselves manifested like, personalities of their own. Its like my dream went deeper into itself.
    hard to explain. i had a hard time remembering most of it also. but i managed a good bit.

11. What part are you referring to? Just to make sure I know what you are talking about.

:D Glad to have helped!

12. Im struggling to connect my dreams to real life.. how do you believe they can help? Oh and I definitely believe in the law of attraction. I'm actually trying to learn more about it.

13. a number of things can prompt a rise in consciousness.

the best way to describe it though is as a process that is catered to each individual

in each subsequent step we are trying to surpass and move beyond the conditioned limitations of the mind.

each time we are able to hurdle a preconceived notion, that opens up a new perception of reality. a new level of consciousness. yet, what we uncover, or gain once again, is only a snippet of the whole picture.

the mind is tricky;)

for me personally, the things that raise my awareness is simply doing whatever i feel like doing at any given moment. that doesnt necessarily mean being a menace to society

simply relying on the whim of my nature..

meditation is great, the more i watch my mind, the more i understand it. make more insights, discover more about our potential.

toss in a little mj
    and i swear mental connections are made quicker and your just more in tune with your energy.

and dreams come to have more value than ever known before

everybodys simply where they're at as far as consciousness though and
    it all comes down to your willingness to question your own beliefs

14. i feel like we are just a bunch of particles that will never stop moving, we will always be coliding with other particles, our actions are the determining factor in how we collide, what we collide with, when we collide. i feel like "positive" and "negative" things in life are just a collision that we can interpret as such. its like looking at things black or white, and determining what you know about it.

15. Yes the mind is very tricky.

I love the fact that you feel you can do whatever you feel like doing at any given moment. Of course, were those things to affect other people negatively, as they do for some who adopt such an attitude, you might feel less able to do so as easily, or raise your awareness in the same way. But if what you feel you want to do is being positive and joy-filled, then this is a real achievement. To feel truly free is a great thing to experience. Are there some things you feel like doing but still don't yet do because you sometimes feel self-conscious?

I like to push my limits, put myself into situations that are a little outside my comfort zone, that could be seen as awkward or embarrassing or strange by others, just to experience it, but in a nice way. I notice some people looking at me when I do this, and can almost hear their judgments, but I also tend to attract others who like what they see. There's something about being completely yourself, without fear of ridicule or judgment, that is very liberating, and resonates with others in a way they weren't expecting.

16. haha aww man i wrote out an essay and my laptop spontaneously shut down

there are some moments of self-consciousness but once i stop resisting the mental chatter it dissipates pretty rampantly

being an empath, i unconsciously picked up many of parents insecurities and living in such a household, i never really got what i truly needed. much needed attention. there inadequacies became mine.

searching for some acknowledgement always pushed it further away from me. something to achieve.

i noticed that once i let judgments of self go, and was able to freely live in the moment, people started to voice their appreciation of 'me'..giving me what i would always seek

now it just feels like a service. like helping others enjoy the moment because i am enjoying it..

when im not judging myself, i am not judging others either
    and it gets to the point that im indifferent if they are judging me.

my view of reality really limited for a long time..i had social anxiety and was scared to go to new places...fear of being judged.

now i just find myself going to places randomly
    i can function from my core regardless of time and locality
    the scenes just change like a dream

do you notice more people eyeing you essef?
    have you ever seen inception??
    theres a point in the movie where Cobb takes Ariadne into the dream world and where all the dream characters try to kill her because she's tampering with their reality a bit too much..
    haha i get this eerie feeling because i tend to see a lot of people noticing me,
    as if they recognize something going on, even if all they see is this body suit

17. Wanting to be appreciated is something I still need to work on some. Sometimes it feels like my thoughts are somehow legitimized by other people appreciating them. Really, I trust my own thinking and judgement more than anyone's, but there is this pull to want to be appreciated. I don't always have it, but as I have been analyzing my self I have realized that this is one of the major sources of suffering in my life.

You are absolutely right about when you let go of chasing the thing you are hoping for, it just happens. That is exactly how it is. I'm glad you said that. I 'remember' many times where that was so obvious, and from that perspective it is so silly to go around chasing things. When you know how it works, all that matters is TRUST. You don't have to do anything, because you trust. As for what you say about inception and altering reality and characters noticing you, that is verrry interesting. I actually did some writing a while back about reality as a dream, and I talk about people being unconscious projections, and being able to sense their reality being altered when in the presence of a conscious individual. That kind of stuff.

18. This is like psychology 101..dreams represent your desires fears wants, etc, its all symbology look into Freud theory

19. Yes I am aware of people noticing.

This feeling of recognition has been around me all my life. I have often felt like I'm inside a protective suit, and without it, I couldn't function properly in this environment. What people recognise though, albeit mostly unconsciously, is a sense of presence, which affects them in different ways. I usually have no idea what that is, but some people have told me how it makes them feel.

20. I very much enjoy your posts.

You are definitely on a higher level of awareness than myself but I am on my way!