Bands that shouldn't exist

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by austinwhat, Jun 25, 2012.

1. #41 kush70, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
    and some of you need to remember , dubstep is 99% of whats wrong with the musical community ! it's garbage infecting the minds of everyone !

Jethro tull are a joke as far as im concerned... never liked them never will

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjEUUxJf-9w[/ame]

I was fortunate enough to see 'Tallica a week before this show - @18 years old

Fucking Awesome METAL !

2. I'm not exactly a fan of Jethro Tull but I certainly don't have anything against them. They make some interesting, progressive music. As much as I think dub step is shit, pop music is the problem, always has been as it has turned music played from the soul into the profitable shit we have today.

You are fucking lucky, I wasn't even alive then lol. I seen them a few weeks ago at Download Festival. They were great apart from the fact that most of the setlist was the black album. I would kill to see them in the 80's.

3. Never saw why people liked/like ACDC so much, its good guitar but i cannot fuckin stand the singer's voice. sounds like hes been gargling broken glass

4. #44 kush70, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
    awww man that really is too bad you find Bon Scott's vioce bad or are you talking about brian johnson ?- AC/DC is a classic straight up rock and roll band

I saw them in Atlanta Ga on their Black Ice Tour , it was a great show !

l it was one helluva great ride for me! things were ALOT different back then , 'specially regarding Weed.. alot of the 80's for me is fuzzy , but a niccccccceeee warm Stoned Fuzzy :)
    did get to see some awesome shows !
    if anything you are lucky , i'd love to go to the download festival

5. [quote name='"kush70"']awww man that really is too bad you find Bon Scott's vioce bad or are you talking about brian johnson ?- AC/DC is a classic straight up rock and roll band

I saw them in Atlanta Ga on their Black Ice Tour , it was a great show !

l it was one helluva great ride for me! things were ALOT different back then , 'specially regarding Weed.. alot of the 80's for me is fuzzy , but a niccccccceeee warm Stoned Fuzzy :)
    did get to see some awesome shows !
    if anything you are lucky , i'd love to go to the download festival

[/quote]

brian johnson, the most recent dude

6. Depends on what you use it for. You can beat the hell out of someone with a closed umbrella

7. [quote name='"Thunder Struck"']

hed pe
    KMK
    killswitch engage
    slipknot
    korn
    in flames
    godsmack
    white chapel
    all that remains
    rise against
    rage against the machine

= dubstep?

[/quote]

Rage against the machine is fuckin awesome.

8. [quote name='"ThrashManiac93"']Nirvana and all the other grunge bands for killing heavy metal in the 90's. They forced bands to go commercial and/or change their style.

Korn, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park etc. for creating Nu Metal. Lots of short-haired kids in baggy pants listening to an oversimplified form of metal, which really was just shitty rap music done by white people with shitty guitar playing. The mall goths that think they are metalheads bring incorrect stereotypes to the genre. Bands who play real heavy metal music have no chance of being signed.

BFMV, Trivium, Bring me the Horizon etc. for popularzing 'core' music and creating a new brand of posers who think the music they listen to is metal. Once again false stereotypes of emo's and screamo are drawn to the genre. BFMV play in front of packed out arenas, why the new bands playing real heavy metal get very little attention.

Nowadays when you ask someone about metal they will think of death, screaming, blood, wanting to kill yourself, emos/goths etc. when that is nothing like the heavy metal from 1970-early 90's.

So yeh fuck grunge bands, nu metal bands, core bands and also most glam metal bands. Also fuck almost every band that gets played on MTV or Kerrang, fuck pop punk bands, fuck modern rock bands, fuck disney bands and I don't have to say anything about garbage like Nickelback.

And with that I leave you some real heavy metal:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtaxKNaEAns"]Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtaxKNaEAns[/ame]

Which reminds me, fuck Metallica after AJFA.

Hey man.......nirvana is legendary

9. [quote name='"ThrashManiac93"']Nirvana and all the other grunge bands for killing heavy metal in the 90's. They forced bands to go commercial and/or change their style.

Korn, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park etc. for creating Nu Metal. Lots of short-haired kids in baggy pants listening to an oversimplified form of metal, which really was just shitty rap music done by white people with shitty guitar playing. The mall goths that think they are metalheads bring incorrect stereotypes to the genre. Bands who play real heavy metal music have no chance of being signed.

BFMV, Trivium, Bring me the Horizon etc. for popularzing 'core' music and creating a new brand of posers who think the music they listen to is metal. Once again false stereotypes of emo's and screamo are drawn to the genre. BFMV play in front of packed out arenas, why the new bands playing real heavy metal get very little attention.

Nowadays when you ask someone about metal they will think of death, screaming, blood, wanting to kill yourself, emos/goths etc. when that is nothing like the heavy metal from 1970-early 90's.

So yeh fuck grunge bands, nu metal bands, core bands and also most glam metal bands. Also fuck almost every band that gets played on MTV or Kerrang, fuck pop punk bands, fuck modern rock bands, fuck disney bands and I don't have to say anything about garbage like Nickelback.

And with that I leave you some real heavy metal:

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtaxKNaEAns

Which reminds me, fuck Metallica after AJFA.[/quote]

And THIS is why We are friends. I couldn't agree more \m/

10. Led Zeppelin. Fuck Led Zeppelin. Bunch of fucking posers. All they did was rip off songs from other people. Fucking Satan worshipers.

11. led zeppelin is the shit

12. This whole thread is one person saying fuck this band and the next person saying they are awesome

13. he was saying they were cool and not dubstep to another person. im pretty sure he likes all of those bands.

14. Haha thanks man :cool: \m/

15. Metallica

16. exactly

seriously? you hate on grunge... then say Metallica is true metal?

what on earth??

good grunge:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc2Gnh8yI5w]Mad Season - I Don't Know Anything - YouTube[/ame]

good metal:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIdjLw-7Xa0]Fredrik Thordendal (Meshuggah) - Sol Niger Within - Medley - YouTube[/ame]

17. Metro Station

18. I don't get the Nirvana hate, or early-90's grunge hate for that matter. 80's hair metal was average.

19. I don't see how OP thought we'd ever be able to come to a consensus.

20. [​IMG]

[​IMG]