New Jersey Decriminalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by dankestfew, Jun 24, 2012.

1. If you live in the state of New Jersey your going to want to read this. Tomorrow June 25th 2012 in the State of New Jersey, Bill a1465 is going to be voted upon. This bill decriminalizes marijuana when under the amount of 15 grams. This would be an amazing move towards legalization and is long overdue, there is one problem though. Many voters are in support of this bill and I for one don't see any problem with it getting passed, which is a good thing. The bad thing is that Governor Chris Christie told the public yesterday that he was going to veto this bill. Is there any chance of this getting so much support that it doesn't matter if he has to sign it? A lot of people are going to be in rage when he vetoes this and we need to do something about it. So much of our youth is being kept from schools, jobs, ect. for having a small possession charge. This has to get passed, we need to do something about it. If you have an opinion or idea please post it below.

2. I have a possession charge in NJ does anyone know if this bill passes will my record be cleared?

And I don't know how this bill is gonna turn out, but i know that christie is a dumb motherfucker and i want to beat his fat ass into the ground

3. If they veto the bill they are truly ignorant to helping their people and must only care about money that profits them.

4. hang the governor

5. Good luck, NJ, I'll be crossing my fingers for you.

6. listen man I do not know if this is true at all, I recommend researching it. Here is my opinion on your situation. You were caught while this bill was not in effect which means that you broke the law at one point. Decriminalizing will not take this off your record because you committed the offence when it was in fact a criminal crime. I do not know if this is true but it is my 2 cents. It's a shame we all can't enjoy the herb freely. Everyone pray that this gets passed, we really need it.

7. Damn that sucks. Whatever though, I already accepted the fact that i have a charge. I still hope this passes, i will be more at ease when smoking outside of my own house

8. Listen man I got a link for you. This link will bring you to a page where if you enter all your correct information a mass email will be sent to all the legislative people. Enter all correct information that is required in order for your opinion to be considered. Anyone who reads this please do this, it will help our chances of this bill being passed. This is straight from NORML.

NORML.org - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws

9. I already filled that out :D

10. Hey I got a question for you. By any chance do you know what happens if the bill gets through legislature and has a ton of support, but is vetoed by Christie? I heard somewhere that if there is a lot of support behind the bill that it can in fact override Christie's veto. Do you know if this is true?

11. If you click the link below you can view the live voting session at 1PM Eastern Time on June 25th, 2012. I for one will defiantly be tuned in and be also on this thread if anyone wants to start a convo during the live session. A friend will be chilling at my house watching it with me, can't wait haha.
    New Jersey State Legislature Live Media

12. +rep. thanks

13. Thanks man, i appreciate it. Hour and 15 minutes and counting over here

14. When are they going to start this thing

15. I know man It has almost been an hour already. It says its pending which in the status codes means it will begin shortly, it has been like that for an hour. This thing better start soon.

16. Sucks that Christie has threatened veto regardless of the vote. Fingers crossed that it passes just in spite of him.

17. Fuck Christie, that fat fuck needs to outlaw twinkes before he dies of a stroke. What a waste of political power.