Stonehenge A Monument to Unification?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by MelT, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Again, not reading. As I'm sure you already know, I find it extremely probable that you and Jason are one. You write in the same way, use the same terms and methods, etc and. neither of you know anything about your subjects.

Posting a photograph and making a cryptic remark is enough, I don't need you to make any claims:)

Electricity flowing through the pyramids..:rolleyes:

Do go on? But bear in mind that I just might have researched something about this too. Posting another YT movie as a response will be counted as an admission of failure.

MelT

2. I always felt Stonehenge was just the world's first Troll fucking with people in the future.

"Check this out, grog. I'm gonna stack these slabs and people are gonna think up some crazy shit about it."

3. "lets build a stone circle as a monument to how good we are at building shit"

4. good thing it's impossible to edit a photograph, otherwise this would look pretty suspicious

5. Ahhh DR Dee Jay Nelson, the same person who pretended to have a degree in Egyptology. Another Woo.

"...
    Nelson claimed that his second Ph.D. came from the Oriental Institute, University of Chicago which is an impressive school. Both the record department of the Institute, however, as well as world-renowned Dr. Klaus Baer (Egyptologist) said that Nelson had never attended the Oriental Institute. Nelson claimed to have received his M.S. in Egyptology from the University of California-- Berkeley. When checking with the admissions of that school it was discovered that he had never attended Berkeley either.
    In truth, Nelson had dropped out of high school after two years, joined the army, then got his G.E.D. (General Equivalency Degree-- equivalent to a high school degree) after which he enrolled in Eastern Montana College which he dropped out of before the end of the quarter. Dee Jay Nelson was a high-school and college drop-out. To go along with his fake degrees, Nelson has boasted the title of “professor” and claimed to be a “‘Professor' of Egyptology at Rocky Mountain College, Billings, Montana.” When the Browns contacted Rocky Mountain College, they said that Nelson was not a professor there but taught volunteer, non-credit courses on topics of interest to the community. The credentials of volunteer workers are not checked. In addition to his false academic credentials, Nelson claimed to have made four licensed digs in Egypt. The Browns checked with the American Research Center in Cairo, Egypt, who replied:

\t
    • \t“The Egyptian Antiquities Organization [who licenses all digs] apparently has no concession in his name, and the Egyptian Museum is not familiar with his project.”
    \tSince the Browns exposed the deceptive practices and claims of Dee Jay Nelson, Nelson has no longer been asked to give lectures, although some anti-Mormons still quote him as if he were an authority...."

MelT

6. I'd prefer to think that human's were just much smarter back then .

In the case of the Egyptian Pyramids, we're talking about a people who perfected agriculture in North Africa.

I seriously doubt the limits of their engineering skill was "Yo slaves, go drag these big ass rocks".

Would be cool if it was aliens though. The Pyramids are very alien-like (human's don't build like that, we build circle or squares, not triangles). Another thing that points towards outside influence would be how many different cultures, with no links whatsoever, built remarkably similar structures either to honour their gods or house the physical form after death.

7. [quote name='"Helikaon"']

I'd prefer to think that human's were just much smarter back then .

In the case of the Egyptian Pyramids, we're talking about a people who perfected agriculture in North Africa.

I seriously doubt the limits of their engineering skill was "Yo slaves, go drag these big ass rocks".

Would be cool if it was aliens though. The Pyramids are very alien-like (human's don't build like that, we build circle or squares, not triangles). Another thing that points towards outside influence would be how many different cultures, with no links whatsoever, built remarkably similar structures either to honour their gods or house the physical form after death.[/quote]

er, what? there's pyramids all over the planet from many periods of times, and modern buildings often follow a pyramid-like structure as well. check out the sears tower, burj khalifa, empire state building, etc. wide at the bottom, narrow at the top.

the fact that different cultures built them doesnt suggest outside influence to me, it suggests that they all came to the same geberal concusions about how to build them, how stable they are, etc. if there was outside influence then one culture would have built something totally different using different materials and techniques. and even that wouldnt prove any outside influence actually occured.

8. It would be cool, yes. But the pyramids aren't alien, because we do build like that. It's the only method we had for creating tall structures, to create piles of stones that have to be in a pile like a mound of sand. The pyramids can be shown to have started as small grave mounds, mastabas, which were later developed until they became what we see today - and they were probably strongly influenced by the Sumerian ziggurats that came long before them.

The mexicans and egyptians were separated by about 3, 000 years. They had different building methods, different structures, a different purpose to their pyramids, and there is no evidence in either mythology, language, or DNA that the two civilisations ever came in contact or shared knowledge. An egyptian pyramid was either a monument to the dead or a tomb, whereas only the top of the mexican pyramids were used, as a place of ritual.

It would be nice, but so far no hints of it taking place.

MelT

9. The thing most people dont seem to realize about stonehendge and the pyramids is that they took thousands of years to build! That is how humans did it, not aliens or some ancient civilizations.
    Hard work over long time equals pyramids. Simple.