The Culture High - Follow Up To "The Union: The Business Behind Getting High"

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by ipooinurshoe, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Let me know what you find. I didn't even see that 18 month quote that you had bolded, I only got my information from that poster above me hahah. It looks like they'll be reaching their goal anyway, I'm just wondering when the DVD release date will be.

2. #42 Headphones, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2012
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wUPugtlCzY]Adam Scorgie Documentary Film Maker - YouTube[/ame]

Watch this. In it Scorgie says that there is a gap of 190k they need to raise to get a theatrical release. But regardless we WILL get a sequel, guaranteed .

Skip to 6:25 and on if you dont want to watch the whole interview.

3. Lets give this the attention it deserves! Seeing this in theaters would be a beautiful thing, and medicated popcorn would be a must.

4. I havent been to the theatres in like five years.
    This would make for an epic 4:20 matinee

5. 65% funded, and still 21 days to go. This is it, the final push.

6. I hope this makes it in theaters and has a huge impact

7. Lets do this shit up

8. Yeah people should donate for this!

9. gogogogogo!

10. I'm pretty sure they will reach the cap, can't wait to see it and hope it reaches theaters here where I am but I doubt it

11. [quote name='"Labido"']I'm pretty sure they will reach the cap, can't wait to see it and hope it reaches theaters here where I am but I doubt it[/quote]

As much as I'd love to see it around where I am, it's more important that it gets shown in states who are at least on the fence about it sadly :( I live in SC though, so fuck me. Haha.

12. I hope that this movie gets made. I can't wait to see the reaction it will create if played in theaters.

13. [quote name='"skateandsmoke"']I hope that this movie gets made. I can't wait to see the reaction it will create if played in theaters.[/quote]

I was thinking about that...I bet it gets attacked by the media though. I bet they'll claim that it's widely inaccurate propaganda and that drugs are bad. It'll get 1 1/2 stars. Some bullshit like that.

14. Assuming it even gets the national advertising it deserves. I wouldn't doubt it winds up with little real media exposure and low ticket sales in dilapidated theaters. Which would indeed be a shame.

While I would tend to think that any exposure would be good exposure; knowing how the general public is, they'll probably just swallow up whatever the media tells them without a second thought or desire to research further. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if some church groups or anti-drug groups get wind and mount protests to its showing.

15. 18 days left to raise that money!

16. I think they'll easily raise the remaining $50k with a lot of last minute contributers. And wookie, I hope the religious nuts protest it, the media loves whackos and it will get even more attention. The news laughs off stories regarding marijuana. I don't think I've ever seen any stories on the news that really put mj in a bad light.

17. That'swhat I was thinking; a religious protest of the film could be the best possiblething for this movie. Look at gta and the hot coffee thing, or oblivions A ratingfor the nude mods. An inconvenient truth, sicko, ect ect. The second theirs aprotest\news story on how bad it is the ticket sales skyrocket.

When people hear about someone protestingsomething for the content almost everyone's first thought is I'm going to lookinto this. Or if the church and or fox news hates it then it must be good.

18. #59 skateandsmoke, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2012
    I would be surprised if this didn't happen but lets just hope it doesn't.
    By the way, I'm diggin the avatar man. I love Jay and Silent Bob.

19. Once the funding is secure and the film has already been shot, and they start playing it in theatres, maybe we (the pro-legalization community) should post about it on prohibitionist and religious sites. Pretend like we're outraged and everything, kick up a fucking ruckus (Wu Tang Clan styles :p) until enough people know about ti and start protesting it. Then we watch the dominoes fall. :devious: