The Culture High - Follow Up To "The Union: The Business Behind Getting High"

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by ipooinurshoe, Jun 23, 2012.

1. I'm sure they'll make that call when then get there mannn. I don't know why you're freaking out about it.

2. I’m not, I’m simply saying that I find it very weird they would choose such a short amount of time to get money for the project, when the difference between 40 days and say 80 days could be the money needed to get 30 theaters to carry the film instead of 10. Especially when they said that if they don’t meet there goal the project wouldn’t see the light of day.

Maybe this is just for the production of the film and they will hold another one for the theater run or advertisement, or maybe this is it. The producers of the film are smart so they must have a reason for choosing this method and goal, but it still stands that any amount of money over the goal will increase the effectiveness of the film, so I just fell like it’s very inefficient to not take the extra month delay for a bigger\better payoff in the long run.

3. does anyone else fine it humorous that a username of 'ipooinurshoe' has a sticky? lol But this should be stickied, I want this in theaters so it can hopefully make legalization faster.

4. $53,784 in 5 fucking days... That's awesome, and with this hitting that podcast on Friday... Can anyone say $150k by next Friday?

5. #25 Deleted member 476945, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
    Donations have slowed down to a damn near halt. We need to spread this...

This is fucking important, god damn it. D:<

6. absolutley the most accurate and sound documentary on cannabis activsm, if everyone watched this then i believe that it would be legalized.

7. Boom....tally another $150 on that bitch. This thing better make it.

8. Will this one be "Weed facts for five year olds" just like the first one or will this one contain more knowledge and not just 98% entertainment?

9. Well Scorgie basically had to make the union to pull himself out of a financial hole. This new one, he said they're going into a completely new perspective. But I'd have to add that those 5 year old weed facts are pretty effective against the 5 year old mindset that cannabis should be illegal.

10. how much has the money jumped?

11. I heard that movie made him no money and that's why he's begging people for money for this one.

12. It's currently at $67,514, so not very much. 31 days left though.

13. well i know, i just forgot to write how much it was before joe's podcast and after

14. we need like wiz to donate a rack haha

15. Seriously hahah. Somebody let snoop, wiz, and Willie Nelson know what's going on

16. It's true that he made little money off of the Union because it went viral so quick that people sorta, somehow or another, never thought to have to pay for it.

And he probably wont make an astronomical amount either but hes already done filming. This extra 190k is to put it in theaters. So he probably just scraped by filming and producing this movie, and needs an extra 190k to do the right thing and make sure people see this on their corner marquee.

17. I didn't realize it was already filmed, hell yeah. So regardless of the 190,000, we're going to get to see a sequel?

18. It's not... where did you pluck that from?

19. [quote name='"AlexanderTheGr8"']

It's not... where did you pluck that from?[/quote]

The post directly above mine.

20. #40 AlexanderTheGr8, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2012
    From the kickstarter page:

Over the last 18 months we have been working tirelessly on this very ambitious project and we believe this film could be EVEN better than the original!

I guess we both learned something today :|

I listened to the podcast and I swore he said something along the lines of the research ideas he was going to follow up on and do start filming in September. I wonder what all that was about then? Maybe I'll have to rewatch