A Grow Journal by a First Timer

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Badlyinfluenced, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Cool they look healthier then a few of mine... yet again I have alot so im planting them in diff places/soils just to see what happens to them... Those 3 leaves from a stem are maybe just new branches dude...

2. #42 Badlyinfluenced, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2012
    Ok so heres an update for everyone. I snapped a few pictures to visually show you all the progress that is currently going down. Right now my Skywalker is 30" tall and my OG Bubbleberry is about 26" tall. The OG is the one that is much more bushy. The first two pictures are the Skywalker, the second two are the OG Bubbleberry. The last picture in there is the result of supercropping my Skywalker when it was young, which turned out ok.

One issue I noticed I was having is that the smart pots I am using really do aerate everything, and the soil close to the edge of the containers was very dry, which may have prevented outward root growth. I spent all day today making sure all the soil was the same. I must have been watering too close to the main stalk on the plants I guess. Anyways, thanks for checking my babies out. Once again, any advice or tips is highly appreciated:smoke:.

Attached Files:

3. Today is also the 41st day since they were put outside.

4. So I topped mine, you should check it out and see if I did an O.k. job.. Also is it too late to super crop mine? If I do where should I "break" it, a branch or the main stem and how high...

5. I think you did just fine. It is never too late to supercrop a plant, that is actually something you usually do to older plants, I did mine too young.

I just had this thread moved to the actual journal section, so to all you new viewers welcome! Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated, but just stopping by to say hello is appreciated greatly too. Would anybody like to give me a progress report? Thank you everyone!

6. are those pistils i see?

7. your grow looks good sit back and enjoy the days too come

8. I do beleive they are. They have one more watering on Veg nutes and then they are getting switched over to bloom.

9. whats up badlyinfluenced...just checking out your ladies...looking good brotha...at some point i'll need to try a blueberry strain too (isnt growing more addicting than smoking? hahah)...all in all my little grow is going good (pineapple chunk,lsd,northern lightsXbig bud) had a set back today my sisters dog ate one of my pineapple chunks dude! she was just starting to really bask in the sun and now she is gone...ah well you live and learn...well i hope your grow goes smooth and you get some good smoke...keep it green playa.

10. Yeah for real I cant stop going out and lookin at my ladies. It's so addicting, I dont think I will ever miss a grow season again. It sure sounds like you have an awesome collection of plants this year. My dog has free range to my plants but I dont think she would ever eat them, she hasnt shown any interest in them whatsoever. As long as things keep progressing along like they are things should turn out pretty well, especially for my first time. I just gave them their first dose of my flowering nutes. I am using Fox Farms big bloom. Good luck to you also man, keep me updated!

And to all others who are interested in this journal I will have new pics up very soon.

11. Ok so here is some pictures. The Skywalker is the third picture and is 34" tall. the OG Bubbleberry is the second picture and is 29" tall. I also included a picture of my most recent pickup, some Girl Scout Cookies, enjoy!! Until next time, stay flyin.

Attached Files:

12. I have an important question I really hope you guys can answer. So I have been using hot tub test strips to test the Ph of my water, and it usually sits around 8 which is way too high. I just used powdered Ph down in my water jugs, about 1/8th of a teaspoon, and it put my Ph at about 6.8. I know that is the right Ph, but will the Ph/Alkalinity down powder harm my plants?

13. Alright so heres a final little update. I am pretty much done with. I just harvested the more mature plant, the smaller one of the two as well. Things went great and I got 3 pounds 6 oz's of some yum yum. I am hoping for similar numbers from the Skywalker. Thanks for all the help!

The first two pictures are the unharvested Skywalker, the last three are the unharvested Bubbleberry. Let me know what you think!

Attached Files:

14. Grats on your first grow. Sweet!

15. Nice first grow! My first grow is DWC, wish I went soil :eek:

Your Blueberry looks gorgeous!

16. Took me years to get plants like that. Nice job. Can you post pic of the 3 pounds 6 oz plant?